Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What do I have to do to become Catholic?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I have to do anything? Or is accepting Jesus enough?

There will be a formal process which may vary from country to country and parish to parish.
There is a formal course called the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) which I think many parishes use, but I may be out of date on that. You will need to learn about Catholic teaching and practice, the sacraments, what happens at Mass etc.

You will probably have to be baptised in a Catholic church. The Church does accept the baptism of some denominations as valid but I don't know which ones.

If you are interested the best thing is to find your nearest Catholic parish and go and talk to the parish priest.

There will be a formal process which may vary from country to country and parish to parish.
There is a formal course called the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) which I think many parishes use, but I may be out of date on that. You will need to learn about Catholic teaching and practice, the sacraments, what happens at Mass etc.

You will probably have to be baptised in a Catholic church. The Church does accept the baptism of some denominations as valid but I don't know which ones.

If you are interested the best thing is to find your nearest Catholic parish and go and talk to the parish priest.
Is that what the Penitent Thief had to do?

I see we have given up on sensible discussion. So here goes.

Is that what the Penitent Thief had to do?
I guess he had an exemption. Perhaps if you were hanging on a cross you might get one as well.

Just check your independent thinking at the door.

Unlike Protestants who, with the Holy Spirit infallibly guiding them, come up with myriad personal (and contradictory) doctrines; look for a church that fits them, and if they can't find one start their own church.

I guess he had an exemption. Perhaps if you were hanging on a cross you might get one as well.

Unlike Protestants who, with the Holy Spirit infallibly guiding them, come up with myriad personal (and contradictory) doctrines; look for a church that fits them, and if they can't find one start their own church.
My point is still valid. Just surrender your independent thought and the RCC is your new home.

You guess? You don't sound confident. Does the Catholic Church have an official position on this?

Your opinion has no validity.
It is so broad and vague as to be meaningless.
It's basically just trolling. (which is against TOS 1.5)
I am no troll.
And why are you denying me my opinion?
Why are you trying to censor my voice?
Am I not a valid human being?
Why are you attacking me?

Also... the point of being broad and vague... that is just your opinion.
I was asked a question and I answered it according to my truth.
If you have a problem with it... take it to the Cross.

Look, if it were not for the papacy chaining Bibles to the pulpit, refusing to translate them into language of the common people, censoring anyone who would possess a Bible in the "vulgar tongue", etc., for century after century, we wouldn't see anywhere near the disagreement there is over what the Bible is believed to teach. We've only been recovering for 350 years from the papacy's 1,260 year war of destruction against God's word and Christianity.

Please, I'd love nothing more than to hear what you think are Protestant "contradictory" doctrines.

Accept the catholic belief that "the church is above the Bible" and believe that if the Holy Scriptures and the word of the pope conflict one with another, "the Holy Scriptures must be thrown aside".
I don't believe the CC believes it's above the bible.

It does believe in
The bible
Tradition
The magesterium

I'd say in that order.

I am no troll.
And why are you denying me my opinion?
Why are you trying to censor my voice?
Am I not a valid human being?
Why are you attacking me?
I'm not denying you your opinion.
I just said it was "so broad and vague as to be meaningless".

Also... the point of being broad and vague... that is just your opinion.

And I'm entitled to my opinion.
I was asked a question and I answered it according to my truth.
If you have a problem with it... take it to the Cross.

Yes, your truth, not the truth

Accept the catholic belief that "the church is above the Bible" and believe that if the Holy Scriptures and the word of the pope conflict one with another, "the Holy Scriptures must be thrown aside".
The Catholic Church does not claim "the church is above the Bible".
The Catholic Church does not believe that "if the Holy Scriptures and the word of the pope conflict one with another, "the Holy Scriptures must be thrown aside".
You provide no evidence for either claim.

Can I remind you of TOS 1.4 Do not state a negative opinion about a member's denomination, leaders, founders, or the veracity of a member's faith.

Look, if it were not for the papacy chaining Bibles to the pulpit, refusing to translate them into language of the common people, censoring anyone who would possess a Bible in the "vulgar tongue", etc., for century after century, we wouldn't see anywhere near the disagreement there is over what the Bible is believed to teach. We've only been recovering for 350 years from the papacy's 1,260 year war of destruction against God's word and Christianity.

Please, I'd love nothing more than to hear what you think are Protestant "contradictory" doctrines.
Completely untrue and without evidence.
Can I remind you of TOS 1.4 Do not state a negative opinion about a member's denomination, leaders, founders, or the veracity of a member's faith.

P.S. For your information I will start a thread in this forum showing the numerous translations into the vernacular from very early times.
Update: see -
Did the Catholic Church Forbid Translation of The Bible?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back