Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What does it mean that the body is the temple of the Holy Ghost?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

siddhi koli

1 Corinthians 3:16
King James Version
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?​

1 Corinthians 6:15-20​

King James Version

15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.​

Romans 8:9
King James Version
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

2 Corinthians 6:16
King James Version

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.​

15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.​

16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.​

17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.​

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.​

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?​

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.​

I prefer modern english:-
18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

What does it mean?

Christians believe in One God who is also Three, God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit.

It is the Spirit who was sent by Jesus to live in every Christian.
If God the Spirit is living in one, then ones body is a temple to God.

Which is why we are to honour God by how we live.

In the Gnostic Christian view, the Holy Ghost refers to the spark of God within all of us as the children of God.

Jesus tries to have us recognize that with these.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation and “I am”, represents the best rules and laws that we have found to live by.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Gnosis enlightens adults.

Regards
DL

In the Gnostic Christian view, the Holy Ghost refers to the spark of God within all of us as the children of God.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation and “I am”, represents the best rules and laws that we have found to live by.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Jesus said a lot of things and taking bits and pieces out of context will lead to wrong knowledge and no salvation. Besides, he even says that "if a man love me, he will keep my words," and it is based on that that they "will come unto him, and make [their] abode with him." And Jesus said a lot of things. Therefore, we must take it all into account.

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
Joh 3:15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Joh 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Joh 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. (ESV)

Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (ESV)

This is consistent with what the apostles and other writers of the NT say:

Joh 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, (ESV)

Joh 20:30 Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book;
Joh 20:31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. (ESV)

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Context is king.

Rom 8:29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
Rom 8:30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.
Rom 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Rom 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? (ESV)

Note the reference to Jesus's death on our behalf. This is a consistent teaching throughout the NT that is necessary to believe for salvation. And on it goes:

Act 2:38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (ESV)

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it—
Rom 3:22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:
Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Rom 3:24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
Rom 3:25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.
Rom 3:26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
Rom 3:27 Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith. (ESV)

Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (ESV)

There is not a single thing we can do for our own salvation. The message is consistent throughout the Bible that God alone is Saviour, and how that is accomplished is shown consistently throughout the NT.

There is not a single thing we can do for our own salvation.
What great sin did you do to deserve your punishment?

Why would a God make you a sinner dependent on himself to save you?

Are you a make work project.

Context completely aside, can you think in a moral way and agree with Jesus on these?

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Regards
DL

What great sin did you do to deserve your punishment?
It's interesting that you don't actually address what Jesus said, but try and defer to other texts to support your position. Yet, you say we are to become brethren to Jesus. But how can we do so if we ignore what he says?

Psa 14:1 The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds; there is none who does good.
Psa 14:2 The LORD looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God.
Psa 14:3 They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one. (ESV)

Rom 3:9 What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin,
Rom 3:10 as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;
Rom 3:11 no one understands; no one seeks for God.
Rom 3:12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”
Rom 3:13 “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.”
Rom 3:14 “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
Rom 3:15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
Rom 3:16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
Rom 3:17 and the way of peace they have not known.”
Rom 3:18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it—
Rom 3:22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:
Rom 3:24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
Rom 3:25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. (ESV)

This is why Jesus's words are true:

Joh 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. (ESV)

It isn't a single sin, great or small. To not believe in Jesus--who he is and in his sacrifice for our sins--is to be "condemned already."

Why would a God make you a sinner dependent on himself to save you?
He didn't. Adam did.

Context completely aside, can you think in a moral way and agree with Jesus on these?

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Regards
DL
We do deserve death, but that is the incomprehensible beauty of the cross. Jesus took our sins on himself and died the death we deserve, and in return, for those who believe, we are declared justified and get eternal life. Those who don't believe are condemned already.

Gnosis enlightens adults.

These lies only darken the lives of Christians.

Christians follow and worship God, nor ourselves.

Did you create yourself; spirit, soul, and body?

Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness. Luke 11:35

JLB

Last edited:

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves

Unfortunately the bible does not support these ideas.
The Spirit is sent by Jesus to Christians, he is not already in us.

Jesus makes it crystal clear that it is belief in Him that saves and that lack of that faith is condemned.

God spoke to Mosses in sins making it clear that I am is the name of the creator God, not us.

It's interesting that you don't actually address what Jesus said, but try and defer to other texts to support your position. Yet, you say we are to become brethren to Jesus. But how can we do so if we ignore what he says?

Psa 14:1 The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds; there is none who does good.
Psa 14:2 The LORD looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God.
Psa 14:3 They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one. (ESV)

Rom 3:9 What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin,
Rom 3:10 as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;
Rom 3:11 no one understands; no one seeks for God.
Rom 3:12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”
Rom 3:13 “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.”
Rom 3:14 “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
Rom 3:15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
Rom 3:16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
Rom 3:17 and the way of peace they have not known.”
Rom 3:18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
Rom 3:25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. (ESV)

This is why Jesus's words are true:

It isn't a single sin, great or small. To not believe in Jesus--who he is and in his sacrifice for our sins--is to be "condemned already."

He didn't. Adam did.

We do deserve death, but that is the incomprehensible beauty of the cross. Jesus took our sins on himself and died the death we deserve, and in return, for those who believe, we are declared justified and get eternal life. Those who don't believe are condemned already.
You are ignoring what Jesus taught.

He asked that we pick up our cross/burden for sin, and follow his good teachings as quoted.

You prefer to abdicate your responsibility and use Jesus as your scapegoat.

Stange that you think Adam sets the rules that God must follow.

Stranger still. You thinking your quotes trump mine.

Do you punish your innocent child or the guilty one?

Regards
DL

These lies only darken the lives of Christians.

Christians follow and worship God, nor ourselves.

Did you create yourself; spirit, soul, and body?

Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness. Luke 11:35

JLB
I know you are an idol worshiper of a genocidal, homophobic and misogynous God.

And your proud of that satanic God.

I want to talk morals and ethics.

Are you game, or a moral coward?

Regards
DL

Unfortunately the bible does not support these ideas.
The Spirit is sent by Jesus to Christians, he is not already in us.

Jesus makes it crystal clear that it is belief in Him that saves and that lack of that faith is condemned.

God spoke to Mosses in sins making it clear that I am is the name of the creator God, not us.
You are wrong, but right in a twisted sense, quite right.

To be saved, we must believe, and that belief is given by God and you and I have no free will to believe as we wish.

If you wish to dispute what I put ----

Regards
DL

You are ignoring what Jesus taught.
Not at all. You are the one that hans't bothered to respond to those things I posted which Jesus said.

He asked that we pick up our cross/burden for sin, and follow his good teachings as quoted.
Yet, you're ignoring his teachings and misconstruing others. One of the main problems is that you are ignoring context.

Mat 16:24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
Mat 16:25 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
Mat 16:26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?
Mat 16:27 For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. (ESV)

In no way whatsoever is Jesus saying that "we pick up our cross/burden for sin," since so much of what he says contradicts that, as I've posted. What it does, though, is contradict your position, completely. Notice first that he tells his disciples that if anyone wants to follow him, "let him deny himself." So, right away we can see that your position, calling yourself "I am" and making yourself your own god, is utterly contradictory to Jesus's command to deny oneself.

Second, in verse 25, Jesus says that any attempt by someone to save their own life will end in their losing it. This, too, contradicts your position. You think you can save yourself, through knowledge, but Jesus says that will result in you losing your life. Then he says that it is the one who loses their life for his sake, will find it.

What does it all mean, then? Well, it means that taking up one's cross has absolutely nothing to do with our sin, but rather, 1) dying to self (denying oneself) and 2) being willing to lose one's life and be persecuted for following Jesus.

It is all about death to self and living to Christ, but you are promoting living to self which in the end gets you death without Christ.

You prefer to abdicate your responsibility and use Jesus as your scapegoat.
Scapegoat. That's good. Do you know where that idea comes from? That's from Leviticus. But, no, I have only provided clear scripture that refutes your position.

Stange that you think Adam sets the rules that God must follow.
Nope, never said that.

Stranger still. You thinking your quotes trump mine.
It's not that they trump yours, as mine are in agreement, it's that they show you are severely lacking in understanding and how to properly interpret the Bible. It shows that you either don't understand the concept of context, or choose to ignore it. Regardless of what one reads, context is always important for a right understanding.

Do you punish your innocent child or the guilty one?

Regards
DL
You're begging the question.

It’s interesting that John battled the Gnostic false teaching in his day, too. That cult was around then, perverting the word of God then too. It’s pretty revealing for a real Gnostic to come and say what they believe do we can compare and contrast their teachings with that of the New Testament (night and day difference.)

Not at all.
??

I must have missed where you speak to these two quotes?

Do you mind linking me to the spot?

Regards
DL

1 Corinthians 3:16​

King James Version​

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?​

1 Corinthians 6:15-20​

King James Version​

15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.​

16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.​

17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.​

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.​

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?​

Romans 8:9​

King James Version​

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.​

2 Corinthians 6:16​

King James Version​

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.​

Your right for most part. Your missing a link. Romans chapter 8, God's election have holy spirit. Romans chapter 11. Many people have spirit of stupor. I'm not knocking any churches. But some people dont have holy spirit. The word predestined is foreordained. God's Election are called and chosen. God gave spirit of stupor for different reasons. Ezekiel chapter 44. Gods elect destiny is to reign with Jesus during the millennium. The word predestined is very important. Peace.

When you're baptized the Holy Ghost is a gift you receive. You are baptized into Christ and his spirit is then indwelling in you. See Acts 2:38

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

When you're baptized the Holy Ghost is a gift you receive. You are baptized into Christ and his spirit is then indwelling in you. See Acts 2:38

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Back