Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

What is faith?

copper25

Hebrews 12:13) These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Now aren’t we called to be a peculiar people that God has reserved for himself? Exodus 19:5-6) “Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine; And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.†Aren’t we as a people, as God’s people driven by faith and are persuaded by the promise of eternal life, by the hope of the world to come, by our desire to please God to live by our faith? Someone can talk faith saying I have it, but (James 2:20) “faith without works is dead†and talk is cheap, but when we let our actions and our life, the way we carry ourselves, act, speak, and think to pleasing God, then we are headed toward the right direction. When Israel decided not to stand against the Amorites, when they did not put there trust in God, what type of faith was being shown? When Caleb took courage and boldness willing to stand against odds and adversity saying, Numbers 14:9) “Only do not rebel against the LORD; and do not fear the people of the land, for they will be our prey. Their protection has been removed from them, and the LORD is with us; do not fear them.â€Â, what faith was being shown? One, the children of Israel fainted in the time of adversity and at the same time disobeyed God. Caleb on the other hand, trusted in the Lord and obeyed willing to fight though others were not. Hebrews 11:7) “By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.†He obeyed God and built the ark, he did not just sit while the flood was about to come, he took action and hearkened unto the voice of the Lord.

Hebrews 11:7) “By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.†He was uncertain of the destination, yet when God said to him (Genesis12:1-3) “Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.†Abraham obeyed and left in hope of the promise. Part of faith, what develops from faith, are works, fruitfulness, after time develop, leaning to God results in works. 1 Corinthians 3:6) “I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.†John 15:5) “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.†By the Lord’s working upon us only can we bring forth spiritual fruit and it all starts with, but not only having faith. But one’s faith must be active and put into motion in order to achieve success. Can we only have faith and hear THE END, I think not. But when we push to seek our Maker, our Father, our Lord, each and every day with diligence striding for (but not justified by) obedience (for by works no man is justified, Revelation 3:2) “I have not found thy works perfect before God.â¬Â), then can we thrive producing spiritual fruitfulness (Matthew 13:8) “some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.â€Â

copper25 said:
John 15:5) “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.†By the Lord’s working upon us only can we bring forth spiritual fruit .....
Colossians 2:6-7 (NASU)
6 Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him,
7 having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith...

Both the FAITH and the FRUIT come from the same source....
both are given from and by the Lord!

Copper...I see you joined about 10 days ago, welcome to 123 christian forums :wave

Be Blessed...Ret

Welcome Copper, it is a pleasure to have you.

Faith....now that is a beautiful choice of topic. Especially seeing as sometimes it is something found in such short supply. The practice of it too can prove to be the most difficult thing to do in trying times. Then, that is likely why we as believers are encouraged to pray. For there is nowhere on earth that a man proves strongest than when on his knees before the Lord in prayer.

Again glad to have you.

May God Bless You

Danielle

faith is "Being sure of what you hope for and
certain of what you do not see." Faith is in action when you make yourself vulnerable--practicing what you believe.

Cornelius said:
Faith is believing what God promises.
Amen and Amen.

Abraham believed God and it was counted to him for righteousness.

This occurred when God spoke to him.

God is speaking to us today through the blood of his holy child Jesus from the new Jerusalem which is above, the free woman, the mother of us all. This voice is speaking to us better things than the blood of Abel. Hebrews 12. Revelation 4 and 5 are an expanded picture of Hebrews 12.

Joe

2 Peter 1:1,3,4,8 - "To them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Savior Jesus Christ: According as His divine power he has given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that has called us to glory and virtue: whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises; that by these you might be partatkers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. The more you go on in this way, the more you will grow strong spirutally, and become fruitful and useful to our Lord Jesus Christ."

This "Like Precious Faith" is the gift that God is willing to impart to all of us. He wants us to have this faith in order that we may:
1. Subdue kingdoms
2. Receive His promises
3. Work Righteousness (Hebrews 11:33)

We are to be able in all circumstances to triumph. If our help is only in God then we are always strong and never weak. Those who are full of faith:
1. Have a "good report".
2. Never murmur,
3. Are in the place of victory.
4. Not in the place of human order.
5. But in the place of divine order.

"He that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God overcomes the world!" (1 John 5:5)
But how does he overcome the world?
1. If you believe in Him you are purified as He is pure.
2. You are strengthened because He is strong.
3. You are made whole because He is whole.
4. His fullness will come into you because of the revelation of Himself.
5. His mind will be made clear to you through yielding yourself to be led by the Holy Spirit -- being divinely led into the deep things of God, and the truths and revelations and all His mind.

Questions to Ask Myself

1. Does my faith make me dare to do anything with and for God?

2. Am I willing to daily invite God in to dwell in Him, walk with Him, talk with Him, and sup with Him?

3. How badly do I want to transform my mind?

Albert Finch
http://www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Back