Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What IS Happening with "the world?"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

smaller

There isn't much of a better way to observe the 'end time' matters but by looking at the world.

I have long observed the courses of the world, as being almost directly opposite of the Ways of God in Christ. God has, for example, inserted His Laws into the world. THEN what happens? The world erupts in lawlessness, according to the Principles of Gods Laws.

Examples abound before our eyes:

God says for example, DO NOT KILL.

The world erupted and continues to erupt in WAR and KILLING.

God says for example, DO NOT STEAL.

The world erupted and continues to erupt in theft at every corner of the globe.

God says for example, OWE NO MAN but to love him.

The world erupted and continues to erupt in DEEPLY INDEBTED FINANCIAL SLAVERY.

God says for example, no homosexuality.

The world erupted and erupts with homosexuals.

God says for example, DO NOT LIE.

The world erupted and erupts with liars, everywhere.

Do any of you NOT see these things, and NOT understand the ADVERSE reactions of the world, that works against the things of God? How could anyone NOT see?

The Power of God is being played out, adversely, progressively, at every turn of the WORLD

Given eyes to see can bring fear if you lose sight of God and His word

Hebrews 13:14 (NASB)
14 For here we do not have a lasting city, but we are seeking the city which is to come.
John 15:19 (KJV)
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

John 17:16 (NASB)
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

It is God who has set these principles in motion. What are these principles?

Here are some of my favorites, that shows what the LAW does:

Mark 4:
15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

This is in fact the DRIVING PRINCIPLE behind every adverse matter in the world.

Do you NOT see it? How could you NOT?

Look inside, see it, perceive it happening!

Romans 7:
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

We are "expected" to reign OVER this working in ourselves, not to DENY we have it to reign over, which latter is the practice of liars.

Even more, when we UPHOLD and "establish" the LAW, we should expect the world to get EVEN WORSE!

Let's look at the END GAME of Jesus in this regards:

1 Cor. 15:
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

There is a rule in play in this world, with the LAW. And that RULE is this:

AMPLIFICATION comes before DESTRUCTION. When the RULE of SIN is so obvious, that the WHOLE WORLD sees this:

Romans 3:19
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Believers believe we are insulated from this working. We are NOT. We are in fact FIRST LINE examples. When it comes to SIN every mouth of us should speak truthfully, that we are as guilty as the WORLD. In this regards, our own mouths are STOPPED and we quit LYING to ourselves and to the WORLD. In this way, in the Way of Truth, we have this power PUT DOWN in ourselves, and reign OVER it, within.

Psalm 33:8
Let all the earth fear the Lord: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

Isaiah 13:11
And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

Yes, this IS the Agenda of God in Christ. And it is BROUGHT FORTH by the flourishing of SIN in adverse reactions to the LAWS of God. NO MAN can stop these things from transpiring.

Matthew 18:7
Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

2 Timothy 3:13
But evil men and seducers ->shall wax worse and worse,<- deceiving, and being deceived.

This is The Divine Agenda! And no, it is NOT a pretty picture. Don't say you can't see it. The "world" is in fact tumbling and erupting, as we speak.

1 Corinthians 6:2
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

The foundation of unmerited Grace is to not have any merit.

This, the world will know.

Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

James 4:4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

All this bad behavior already existed in the world before God provided Moses' law to Israel to formally differentiate the behavior of those who bore the mantle of 'His People' from the rest of the world. Of course the intent of written laws can be circumvented by context and circumstance, so that the real answer to the problem of unrighteous behavior is not found in law, but in the attitude, or spirit, by which one perceives and operates in the world. The Holy Spirit is a free gift to those who repent of their old, natural, self-serving ways to trust in the God who humbled and gave of Himself to serve His own enemies out of love.

All this bad behavior already existed in the world before God provided Moses' law to Israel to formally differentiate the behavior of those who bore the mantle of 'His People' from the rest of the world. Of course the intent of written laws can be circumvented by context and circumstance, so that the real answer to the problem of unrighteous behavior is not found in law, but in the attitude, or spirit, by which one perceives and operates in the world. The Holy Spirit is a free gift to those who repent of their old, natural, self-serving ways to trust in the God who humbled and gave of Himself to serve His own enemies out of love.

Paul addresses this quite nicely:

Romans 3:9
What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

1 Peter 5:
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that ->the same afflictions<- are accomplished in your brethren ->that are in the world.<-

Revelation 3:10
Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

It's much more interesting to prove the scriptural depths of WHY, in the Divine Order of things. Not saying it's pleasant information, but anyone would probably admit that a narrative that is filled with invisible bad actors can be a bit hard to come to grips with, and THIS is the essence of the scriptural information. Assessing the reality of these matters, personally, is even more interesting. The numbers of believers who are capable of dialog in this arena is extremely small.

The world is like marriage. The man and woman start off in love, then start to irritate each other over time, they pick up on each others selfishness, then they start argue and fight, then they hate each other so much because they know each other so well the past never leaves, they both blame each other for there selfish ways yet both claim they are innocent, but they just two different people living in two retarded worlds, and then they get a divorce, then celebrate, then they both go commit adultary. Then history repeats.

Last edited:
There isn't much of a better way to observe the 'end time' matters but by looking at the world.

I have long observed the courses of the world, as being almost directly opposite of the Ways of God in Christ. God has, for example, inserted His Laws into the world. THEN what happens? The world erupts in lawlessness, according to the Principles of Gods Laws.

Examples abound before our eyes:

God says for example, DO NOT KILL.

The world erupted and continues to erupt in WAR and KILLING.

God says for example, DO NOT STEAL.

The world erupted and continues to erupt in theft at every corner of the globe.

God says for example, OWE NO MAN but to love him.

The world erupted and continues to erupt in DEEPLY INDEBTED FINANCIAL SLAVERY.

God says for example, no homosexuality.

The world erupted and erupts with homosexuals.

God says for example, DO NOT LIE.

The world erupted and erupts with liars, everywhere.

Do any of you NOT see these things, and NOT understand the ADVERSE reactions of the world, that works against the things of God? How could anyone NOT see?

The Power of God is being played out, adversely, progressively, at every turn of the WORLD

I don't know what exactly your "SEEING" but the World is pretty mild compared to what it was in Gen chapter 6, 325ad, Again in the 1400's when Rome almost obliterated God's Word from everyone.

It's not what your seeing now, it's what you did not see back then. Had you, then the World is doing pretty good right now.

I don't know what exactly your "SEEING" but the World is pretty mild compared to what it was in Gen chapter 6, 325ad, Again in the 1400's when Rome almost obliterated God's Word from everyone.

It's not what your seeing now, it's what you did not see back then. Had you, then the World is doing pretty good right now.

I've considered that as well, and would generally agree. We all tend to look at people of the past as ignorant barbarians in many ways. Not the beneficiaries of science and tech, etc. I would also surmise that in many ways they may have also been better off. I'm not too far removed from farming with horses for example, and heard my elders talk affectionately about that way of doing things, being more connected to the earth and to the blessings of creation.

The world is like marriage. The man and woman start off in love, then start to irritate each other over time, they pick up on each others selfishness, then they start argue and fight, then they hate each other so much because they know each other so well the past never leaves, they both blame each other for there selfish ways yet both claim they are innocent, but they just two different people living in two retarded worlds, and then they get a divorce, then celebrate, then they both go commit adultary. Then history repeats.
Yeah, multiplied by 7 billion. Quite a chaotic picture, ain't it? :pray

It's a more difficult grappling with scripture to see Gods Wisdom in the earth, with adversity. Why is there an ill side of the ledger (or so many ills.) What is the Wisdom in that? How does it operate in the scriptural senses. How to move within these realities. How to reign, not be stained, etc etc. There are different narratives that run beneath the surface quotients of our world that are quite entirely fascinating, wherein shows Gods Superiority, presently ACTIVELY working, openly, before our eyes. And yes, that would be on the ILL side of the ledgers. The sides we all SEE and detest and try to insulate ourselves from.

So, yeah, that is my fascination with Gods Ways. I spent many years wallowing in optimistic cherry picking of the scriptures I liked to apply to and for myself, and never looked at the other sides of the equations.

Life has taught me that is not how God works with me, or anyone else. And that was basically a lie of the optimistic theological consumer, wanting only to buy the good stuff that was personally pleasing and self serving. Along these trails and trials I came to know that the woe of the world is also a woe is me situation as well, just as the Prophets revealed about themselves.

All Gods Real Treasures are in fact hidden in the darkness, on the dark sides of the ledgers. In the things that force you and make you WEAK. The things that smack you into the ground. The things that make you realize you really are nothing. It is there that we meet, head on, the Power of God in Christ, and not the power of ourselves.

There are scriptural cycles and patterns for these matters that every believer goes through. It's not just the world. It's us as well. There is just nothing like a deeply disturbing "woe is me" reality encounter, to force one to see that side of things. Call it a Job experience, if you will. I've had a couple of these in my life. Not to that extreme, but close enough that I despaired of life. And that side led me to not only question the rah rah forms of christianity we practice, but to really consider my own ways in this world, as a religious hypocrite, which I truly was. It was one of the most bitter pills I ever had to swallow. Thinking that I was all fine and dandy, and I perhaps was, on the surface equations and as to how others might have observed me from the external "show." But that was never the case, nor is it for any.

Isaiah 45:3
And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.

No, it's not a game. He Is A Present Active Living Reality. And this REALITY shows on the DARK SIDE of the world as He Moves the puppets of evil in man on the chessboard of temporal life.

Acts 4:
26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

Given eyes to see can bring fear if you lose sight of God and His word

We are fully meant to encounter fear. Many fears. Not to hide ourselves from them. They'll come anyway, automatically, no matter how much wishful thinking we apply, to not make it so.

Proverbs 27:5
Open rebuke is better
than secret love.

Revelation 3:19
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten:

Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Hebrews 12:
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Yes, God has a personal invisible WHIP for your back as well, specially designed just for you, to BREAK you.

Luke 20:18
Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Hiding behind ever facade in the people of the church, are the tears they hide, from this working of God in Christ, in them.

Some believers might call these desert experiences. Long periods of time when God is just not talking to you and doesn't seem to be active in your life. For some it may be even more profound, such as with Job, where just about everything he had was wiped away, off the slate of his life, almost overnight. For Job, I don't think it was so much that he thought the devil attacked him, but that God was behind it all. And when a person sees this, they realize how utterly helpless they are, to stand up to God. It just can't be done. There is no greater woe to encounter, than when GOD, yes GOD, puts out His Hands against you. You will scream WHY and WOE to the deepest parts of your soul. And you see you are entirely helpless, and exposed NOT to the ills of this life, but to HIS HAND in adversity. When the people of the rebuilt temple out of Babylonian captivity built, and the priests opened the law, and read it, they SAW and EXPERIENCED with their own eyes, the REALITY of Gods CURSES had in fact come upon them, and they WEPT. It is the SECOND TEMPLE, the temple that is rebuilt from captivity and curses and punishment, that had MORE GLORY in Gods Eyes.

IT WAS TO THIS HOUSE, THAT JESUS CAME.

Haggai 2:9
The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the Lord of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the Lord of hosts.

If you have ever thought that God is your enemy, you saw correctly, and are loved sons under chastisements of various sorts. And you know this woe, already, that I speak of.

There are many people of faith who make their trade and living by only laying on the good stuff. All the nice things we cling to as believers. Not saying these don't have their place. But that is not all real life is about, either. Neither are the supposed prophets, who speak woe to the people, telling the truth of the matters.

There are deeper courses, to observe.

If any person is in Christ, there is no release from this discourse:

Deuteronomy 32:36
For the Lord shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.

Think similarly to this exercise, from Paul. This IS in fact a DIVINE PROMISE of God that does continually come upon the entire world. And this is the 'setup' that is ALWAYS being prepped in "the world."

Romans 3:19
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

What is really going on with "the world?"

We know who the owner of this wicked world is. It is openly revealed to us, here:

Matthew 4:
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

What is in all these kingdoms of the world?

1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

1 John 5:19
And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

There are some rules that God lays down, before He'll open His Sights on these matters. Most, will naturally incline to resist these rules, and these will see, actually, nothing.

Here is the most important rule. Any believer who has not been led by the Spirit of Christ to enter into Spiritual Law will not see, nor can they see, the things of God. To these, you are wasting your time if you read and try to understand:

Romans 13:
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

1 Thessalonians 4:9

But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

Let's just face a little spoken of but openly known fact. Most believers are just waaay to busy justifying themselves, and condemning other believers to potential hell and perpetual condemnations to even care about other believers, let alone to actually LOVE them. It's like they can't love somebody UNLESS they are doctrinally correct. What kind of hogwash LOVE is that anyway? Really? Really? You CAN'T love a sinner? You can't love someone who doesn't have all the jots and tittles of your pet doctrines recited like a parrot? It's like being in an inquisition. "What church do you go to?" "Do you believe in the Trinity?" "Do you accept the rulings of (whatever) the magisterium dictates?"

Really, a pox on all such condemners. We are commanded to love. That's all there is to this subject. THAT'S what GOD teaches. And yeah, that includes ENEMIES. Let's also realize that the churches that we see today actually FELL into damnation, condemnation and killing each others CENTURIES ago. Yes, they blew themselves up long long ago. What we see today are only the after effects of the anti-spiritual nuclear weapons of mass destruction that blew them all to pieces and scattered them and divided them. THAT's what's set before our eyes, today. Think of them however rosy you please. At the heart of all therein, they lurk to condemn. Sorry, it's just a fact.

Do I respect foundation matters? YES! But I am UNwilling to sacrifice LOVE in the process.

Where is THAT foundation? Where is THAT in the doctrines? So, to those who can't LOVE, here is the Word from the Prophet to you:

Isaiah 29:
20 For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off:
21 That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.

Why did "believers" cut the tongues out of their adversaries and torture them and burn them alive over TRINITY matters!? Is that what they call RIGHT?

Don't make me laugh. Any believer can have all the right in the world, and if they don't have LOVE, they really have nothing.

If you've managed to read this far, I'll get to the other side of the coin. The account of the RICH MAN.

And therein, we will observe his world, his inhabitants, and the DIRE judgments of God that come upon him.

Last edited:
Grappling with matters of evil, it's creation, it's effects on the world, and Gods Judgments are the single most difficult topic matter in ALL of christian theology. The matters are termed in the realm, Theodicy. The study of evil in conjunction with A Perfect God. From there ALL wonder arises. We say, how in the world can this possibly be so? Even the world vaunts this in our face. They all say IF there is A God, then WHY is there so much evil and death?

Eschatology [end time] is a sub-section study of Theodicy, because it concerns the END of evil, sin, death, and the scriptural precursors to that final event, that HOPE of our faith.

And in this field of Theodicy, there are many speculations. Most of them quite worthless I might add. Some postures insulate God from His Own creation. Some make God out to be some kind of a Sovereign Monster. Some have numerous other gods creating themselves, essentially polytheism. Some even go so far as to say there is no evil, but that it only exists because of a lack of good, as in a vacuum.

The entire arena is fraught theological with landmines.

IF we look even closer we might even find these various postures, in attempts to understand evil, are what have divided the churches.

So where do we even begin?

I submit to the Divine Sovereignty of God in Christ. To understand, perhaps we start at the TOP? Let's look at our own King of All Creation. I have shared with many fine theologians, living and (dead in the flesh.) Many of them consider Paul's letter to the Ephesians The Holy Spirit's LOVE LETTER to the churches. I do as well. And Paul set's up The Spirit's Love Letter thusly, with The Divine Superiority of God in Christ. IN this we see many matters. One of them is God in Christ's Sovereignty over ALL THINGS, and this would also be His Sovereignty over the power of EVIL, and even our Sovereignty IN HIM.

Ephesians 1:
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

What are, then, ALL THINGS?

Let's just put off the charades, and consider, in the simplicity of ALL THINGS, that means ALL THINGS.

IF ALL THINGS were created by God, through Christ, THEN that includes powers, some invisible, and also includes the POWER of EVIL. Is EVIL a power? Yes, by the Word of God through the Prophet:

Habakkuk 2:9
Woe to him that coveteth an evil covetousness to his house, that he may set his nest on high, that he may be delivered from the power of evil!

Did God create ALL POWERS? Again, by the scriptures, yes:

Colossians 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

If anyone wants to defend a less than Sovereign God, go find another thread to do so.

God created ALL THINGs including ALL POWERS and yes, that includes the power of evil, which God PURPOSEFULLY MADE.

Back