Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is Reformed Old Catholicism??

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So you're against all these churches springing up, so you made another one?

I don't understand.

And I hate learning from wikipedia regarding faith issues.

Could you explain your church, please.

Again, thanks.

From the website of Reformed Catholic Church.

In 1730, as The United States of American was being born, The Great Awakening brought about the proliferation of Evangelicalism and the solidification of Methodism. As the Roman Catholic Church became aware of their new need to compete in a marketplace of ideas, the First Vatican Council, Vatican I, was convened.

The Roman Catholic Church, as a result of Vatican I, created the doctrine of "Papal Infallibility." Also, Pope Pius IX scribed an apostolic constitution named Ineffabilis Deus. In his constitution, he established the doctrine known as the "Immaculate Conception." While this was a practice of some Christian communities, the Roman Church made it into dogma with no real theological support. These overreaches by the Roman Catholic Church were again met with schism. In 1871, in response to Vatican I, the Old Catholic Church of Utrecht was born.

In 1653 the Jansenist movement was declared a heresy by the Catholic Church. It was because The Catholic Church considered that Jansenism was calvinist in its leading. Jansenism found a home in what was then the Spanish Netherlands ;sirt Denmark and it was the low countries and it was in the low countries that the Roman Catholic church allowed the bishoprics to be decided by the laity. When in the 1700s the Roman Catholic church decided to remove that right from the laity a number of church parishes seceded. And it was about the 1720s that the nascent Old Catholic church and the Jansenists joined forces and largely became one group.

It is from these beginning that The Reformed old Catholic Church arose, now, we are a liberal church that is we accept the ordination of women, We accept the role of tradition in understanding scripture and we ordain :LGBTQI people. Perhaps I should explain that we interpret tradition through the life of the church as a whole and so we see no grounds for preventing anyone from attending, from taking part in the life of the church and from being ordained . We do not accept the ‘clobber passages’ which some groups use to attack those of differing sexual orientations.

In 1653 the Jansenist movement was declared a heresy by the Catholic Church. It was because The Catholic Church considered that Jansenism was calvinist in its leading. Jansenism found a home in what was then the Spanish Netherlands ;sirt Denmark and it was the low countries and it was in the low countries that the Roman Catholic church allowed the bishoprics to be decided by the laity. When in the 1700s the Roman Catholic church decided to remove that right from the laity a number of church parishes seceded. And it was about the 1720s that the nascent Old Catholic church and the Jansenists joined forces and largely became one group.

It is from these beginning that The Reformed old Catholic Church arose, now, we are a liberal church that is we accept the ordination of women, We accept the role of tradition in understanding scripture and we ordain :LGBTQI people. Perhaps I should explain that we interpret tradition through the life of the church as a whole and so we see no grounds for preventing anyone from attending, from taking part in the life of the church and from being ordained . We do not accept the ‘clobber passages’ which some groups use to attack those of differing sexual orientations.
What does WE INTERPRET TRADITION THROUGH THE LIFE OF THE CHURCH AS A WHOLE MEAN?

Since the CC is a conservative body and is the opposite of what you believe, it would seem proper to remove the word CATHOLIC from your title.

We accept the role of tradition in understanding scripture and we ordain :LGBTQI people.

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Surely you mean homosexuals that have repented of this lifestyle, right?

JLB

I have no idea what ROC is.
Please explain...
Thanks.
The Reformed Catholic Church is an Independent Catholic Church, not under the authority of the Bishop of Rome. We are similar in our liturgy, sacraments and apostolic succession. We differ in our desire for inclusion of all people regardless of marital status, sexual and/or gender identity, or other human distinctions that lead to exclusion. Our heritage flows from the Catholic Church, which split with the Roman Catholic Church in 1870 over certain doctrines of the First Vatican Council. We profess a more progressive theology, ordain men and women, offer open communion, and are fully affirming and inclusive of the LGBTQ community in the life of the Church, including Holy Orders.

I'll inquire on what doctrines of the first Vatican council they rejected.

The Reformed Catholic Church is an Independent Catholic Church, not under the authority of the Bishop of Rome. We are similar in our liturgy, sacraments and apostolic succession. We differ in our desire for inclusion of all people regardless of marital status, sexual and/or gender identity, or other human distinctions that lead to exclusion. Our heritage flows from the Catholic Church, which split with the Roman Catholic Church in 1870 over certain doctrines of the First Vatican Council. We profess a more progressive theology, ordain men and women, offer open communion, and are fully affirming and inclusive of the LGBTQ community in the life of the Church, including Holy Orders.

What do you mean that your heritage flows from the CC and you broke off from the RCC?
First, I hope you know that Roman is a rite.
The CC is called the CC

Second, the CC does not believe in your doctrine,
Not the old CC and not the new CC, the CC of right now.

What do you mean that your heritage flows from the CC and you broke off from the RCC?
The CC is called the CC

And we do not care what you think just as you don't care what we think.

Papal Infallibility, among others.

The CC is called the CC

its not my doctrine nor my heritage. That's from their churches website.

Externally they appear identical.
Their interior lives couldn't be more opposed.
I really don't see much difference between old Catholic and Protestants. Protestants and Catholics are more united in faith and morals than Catholics and old Catholics.

The interior life of the old Catholic Church and the exterior life of the Catholic Church are so contrasting I find it difficult to understand why old catholics flow from the Catholic Church.

Back