Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Is Shown By Christendom's Utter Lack of a Unified Theology?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Jacob62

All of Scripture demonstrates amongst its writers and Prophets a singular agreement upon Theology and Faith. There is never any argument or disunity, other than the minor example between Peter and Paul about Gentile observance of the Law, which was quickly resolved.

Each writer and segment of Scripture builds and confirms what had already been written. Church denominations did not exist. Tares in the Church, ignorance of God, overt sin, weaknesses, and failures did exist, but a central core of comprehension and faith was identifiable.

After the Early Church, there has come into place nothing but a trend for divergent faith and practice upon every aspect of Theology and Doctrine. Where is the unity commanded by Christ in John 17:21, "That they also may be one in us"?

Do not waste our time restating what I have already said, here. Do not chat and share like an intuitive woman. Do not give lame explanations. Do not give shallow speculation. Do not start talking about me. Just give an answer.

divergent faith and practice

Just what do you mean by this?

Please list the differences in faith between Methodists, Baptist, Anglican, penticostals and any other protestant believing churches.
Note I'm not talking about Baptist's majoring on baptism or Anglicans fancy dress and litergy or penticostal hand waving or other differences between denominations, but for you to prove your claim that there is differences in there faith.

Just what do you mean by this?

Please list the differences in faith between Methodists, Baptist, Anglican, penticostals and any other protestant believing churches.
Note I'm not talking about Baptist's majoring on baptism or Anglicans fancy dress and litergy or penticostal hand waving or other differences between denominations, but for you to prove your claim that there is differences in there faith.
Vast differences in Soteriology, Eschatology, Church Governance, Christology, Scriptural Authority, Eternal Security, Ecumenism, Doctrine of Works, Apostasy, Social and Political Activism, Spiritual Justification, Legalism, Faith Tradition, Church Discipline, Dispensationalism, Gender Identity, Scriptural Symbolism, Cosmology, Creation.

How much more is there to identify?

Vast differences in Soteriology, Eschatology, Church Governance, Christology, Scriptural Authority, Eternal Security, Ecumenism, Doctrine of Works, Apostasy, Social and Political Activism, Spiritual Justification, Legalism, Faith Tradition, Church Discipline, Dispensationalism, Gender Identity, Scriptural Symbolism, Cosmology, Creation.

How much more is there to identify?

Two points.
What difference in the theological believes are there about what saves someone?

What relevance is any believe system that is not rooted in the Bible, is gender difference is not a theological stance but a socialogical belief not backed by science.

Do not waste our time restating what I have already said, here.
Ok. I won't state what you have already said.

Do not chat and share like an intuitive woman.
Hi Jake. C'mon honey. What's really on your mind?

Do not give lame explanations.
Hey if you had my plantar fasciitis you might be lame.

Do not give shallow speculation.
I will hazard a guess and say you don't like swimming in deep water.

Do not start talking about me. Just give an answer.
Ok Jake. I promise. If this is all a big joke, you do stay in character well. Five star acting for sure.

Two points.
What difference in the theological believes are there about what saves someone?

What relevance is any believe system that is not rooted in the Bible, is gender difference is not a theological stance but a socialogical belief not backed by science.
Well put. Thanks so much.

A perfect time of the year to unpack this question .
There is really nothing new under the sun.
Remember that many of the " Christians " welcoming Jesus into Jerusalem, laying palm branches and their clothes before him as he rode in on a donkey, were also present a short time later screaming for his blood before Piolet.
And so it remains to this day that if Jesus were to arrive on the scene tomorrow to proclaim judgment many churches currently calling themselves " faithful " to him would be calling for him to be quickly silenced .

many of the " Christians " welcoming Jesus into Jerusalem, laying palm branches and their clothes before him as he rode in on a donkey, were also present a short time later screaming for his blood before Piolet
What has given you that idea? It's not written in the bible, is it? What we see written in the bible though, is "I will give to you the keys of the kingdom. Whatever you forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven but whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." and we also see that the very same man whom that was said to is the one who had three opportunities to take a stand to bind that shedding of blood on earth. But if the one who holds the keys of the kingdom cannot stand with courage, then how can any others? And that is why every one who had worshipped Jesus Christ on His triumphant entry to Jerusalem were not found standing up for him in that moment.

Consider instead that if Peter had said "yes, I know this man and I stand with him. If you crucify him you have to crucify me too". Wouldn't then the sons of Zebedee have stood with him, and the other disciples too? And any number of the crowds with them? Do you think the Pharisees could have advanced to kill a whole group of men on that day? I think it would have been too much for them and Pilate would have not done it either. He was already searching for a way to pardon Jesus (John 19:4, John 19:10,12 Matthew 27:24, Matthew 27:17).
And so it remains to this day that if Jesus were to arrive on the scene tomorrow to proclaim judgment many churches currently calling themselves " faithful " to him would be calling for him to be quickly silenced .
Well you can already see it happening. If ever somebody goes into a church and reveals the wrongness that is happening there, they are thrown outside instead. If they had loved the truth and if they had known what love is, they would rejoice in the conviction and would turn from the error of their ways. But that's not what happens. It happens quite the opposite, that even though they are thrown out from the assembly, not even one person stands against the wickedness of the shedding of the innocent blood. The whole reason for that is that none of the churches or the people in the churches is able to stand in the power to do the good that God would do through them.

Hear and give ear!​
o not be haughty!​
For Adonai has spoken.​
Give glory to Adonai your God,​
before it grows dark,​
and before your feet stumble​
on mountains at dusk.​
When you look for light,​
He turns it into the shadow of death,​
and turns it into deep darkness.​
But if you will not listen,​
my soul will sob in secret​
before such pride,​
and my eyes will weep bitterly​
and overflow with tears,​
for Adonai’s flock will be taken captive.​
Jeremiah 13:15-17 TLV​

Last edited:
What has given you that idea? It's not written in the bible, is it? ........... if the one who holds the keys of the kingdom cannot stand with courage, then how can any others? And that is why every one who had worshipped Jesus Christ on His triumphant entry to Jerusalem were not found standing up for him in that moment.
For me call for personal responsibility most certainly is written and stressed in the bible.
Independent of anyone else is failing to do .
I never read of Jesus giving anyone a pass on personal responsibility due to such circumstances .

For me call for personal responsibility most certainly is written and stressed in the bible.
Independent of anyone else is failing to do .
I never read of Jesus giving anyone a pass on personal responsibility due to such circumstances .
If you could answer the question I asked of you, that is to explain why you think that the same people who were worshipping Him were also demanding His blood, then we might be able to establish some new understandings. I don't think that the person who loves Jesus and praises Him "Hosanna" can be saying the same day "crucify Him!" "Release Barrabbas to us instead!" and "His blood be on us and our offspring!". That's what you have said though and I think it demands an explanation. Up to you ?

If you could answer the question I asked of you, that is to explain why you think that the same people who were worshipping Him were also demanding His blood, then we might be able to establish some new understandings. ?

Very simple I'm surprised you don't know this already .
People / organizations professing faithfulness to Christ can be liars .
It happens.
You don't understand this ?
Think of Judas. a professing faithful follower of Jesus who traveled , ate , slept in His presence all the while pretending .
And then sold Him to death upon the cross .
The same spirit of deception is very much alive on planet earth today .
Nothing new under the sun .

"There is never any argument or disunity, other than the minor example between Peter and Paul about Gentile observance of the Law, which was quickly resolved."

Oh before Christ there were arguments and debates and you name it. What did Christ say from the start a kingdom divided will not stand. Satans been at this since he fell. Yet what is written will happen. Christ is lord every knee shall bow and confess Him as lord. See the Father has already spoken it.. its done. There is only one body where Christ is the head.

"There is never any argument or disunity, other than the minor example between Peter and Paul about Gentile observance of the Law, which was quickly resolved."

Oh before Christ there were arguments and debates and you name it. What did Christ say from the start a kingdom divided will not stand. Satans been at this since he fell. Yet what is written will happen. Christ is lord every knee shall bow and confess Him as lord. See the Father has already spoken it.. its done. There is only one body where Christ is the head.
No arguments you here tried to speak of can be shown from Scripture, as having been undertaken by Godly people.

A perfect time of the year to unpack this question .
There is really nothing new under the sun.
Remember that many of the " Christians " welcoming Jesus into Jerusalem, laying palm branches and their clothes before him as he rode in on a donkey, were also present a short time later screaming for his blood before Piolet.
I think most of the people welcoming Jesus into Jerusalem were doing so because they thought they were witnessing the arrival of their savior from Roman rule, then saw He was not the savior they were looking for. When He returns, some churches teach such a popular watered down gospel, they won't recognize our real Savior then either.
In my time on earth, I find most people flakey, erratic and blown with the wind.......me too sometimes I guess. People have an earthly armor......pride, ego, jealousy, etc and forget/refuse to remove it in order to put on the armor of God. Those tend not to be able to discern/stand against circumstances/oppression.......I speak from experience and not a pedestal.

The various camps within Christianity are a good check upon false doctrine, and they encourage the continual searching of Scriptures that may well affect and change your doctrine.

The danger of having only one 'so called' unified church means that when it goes awry, it takes all with it. The Roman Church being a good example.

Quantrill

The various camps within Christianity are a good check upon false doctrine, and they encourage the continual searching of Scriptures that may well affect and change your doctrine.

The danger of having only one 'so called' unified church means that when it goes awry, it takes all with it. The Roman Church being a good example.

Quantrill
No Scripture states any sort of various camps within Christianity are good checks upon false doctrine. The Spirit of God leads one into Truth, not camps of people.

This is very good news.

Please chat and share what those arguments and debates were. I await.

Back