Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.

siddhi koli

Matthew 12:31-32

King James Version

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.​

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+12&version=KJV

I think you will find the scripture is very precise about this as I have posted. it is calling the work of the Holy Spirit the work of Satan.

That's is correct as the scripture directly says it's because they said he had a unclean spirit. So calling the work of God unclean is blasphemy. Its basically calling God unclean and of the devil. Not wise.

Even as Jesus gave warning about people calling there brother a fool, judge wisely, they could be doing works through the spirit and you don't want to say they have a unclean spirit and crooked If they doing God's work, and Paul said test the Spirits. Its not hard to tell who is a fraud anyhow. False prophets are easy to spot. Anyone who knows scripture knows a false prophet when they see one.

If i went to a church and someone tells me if I give them cash God will bless me, the bigger and more amounts I give the more blessings I will revieve, I will call them out. I know God doesn't sell his blessings for cash so I'm not afraid to judge . Just a basic example.

Last edited:

Matthew 12:31-32​

King James Version​

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.​

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
This is a very good question and an answer I don't have. But I do have more questions.

1.) Is there any such statement in the Epistles that deals with the New Covenant
2.) Can I loose the spirit of God once I have it in this grace administration
3.) Could this be something that only applied to Israel to whom Jesus was talking to

Last edited:

Matthew 12:31-32​

King James Version​

Speaking in a derogatory way against the Holy Spirit.

In the example in the text you quoted, it was calling the Holy Spirit the Devil.

JLB

Yes.... your pretty much correct... except for the unpardonable sin part!

Mat 12:31 "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32 "Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

We are not talking Eternity here... It's a sin of the ages...
Paul
Mark 3:29
but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin” —

Isn't blasphemy to intentionally attempt to spoil the reputation/ name of one in such a way as to make them appear repulsive / offensive to others? I'm sure we've all experienced/encountered someone who has blasphemed God in this manner (even within this forum) ... Richard Dawkins comes to mind also.

This is how I understand the warning concerning blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. It is my understanding that the Holy Spirit is what draws people to the Truth and enables them to understand it. It is similar, maybe, to a person's conscience (which can be seared if sufficiently led astray). Will the Holy Spirit inhabit (or be drawn to inhabit) someone who has been poisoned against it? If you poison that well, are you not responsible for those who are harmed by it's waters?

If scripture were absolutely clear on this matter, I don't think that so many people would have this question.

Isn't blasphemy to intentionally attempt to spoil the reputation/ name of one in such a way as to make them appear repulsive / offensive to others? I'm sure we've all experienced
yes in this case we all have all manner of sin in my old days i told vile jokes i used God name in vain far as i can tell through study when you die w.o Christ that is the unpardonable men that use to be die hard atheist's have been saved and are in the ministry .
blasphemy

blăs′fə-mē

noun​

1. Contemptuous or profane speech or action concerning God or a sacred entity.
  2. An instance of this.
  3. Irreverent or impious action or expression in regard to something considered inviolable or sacrosanct.

see in some way we have all done this in our lost days. when we get saved we become a new creation in Christ old things passed away all things become new 2 cor 5:17

you mean according to how you see it and all others are wrong
How "all others," as you put it, see the passages is thru the filter of modern American evangelical biases. That has no room for this exceptional case; which our Lord went out of His way in Matt 12.31 to explain was an exception to everything else.

How "all others," as you put it, see the passages is thru the filter of modern American evangelical biases. That has no room for this exceptional case; which our Lord went out of His way in Matt 12.31 to explain was an exception to everything else.
i have yet to see you explain it..

Going to close this thread for some clean up, some post will be deleted in response to pierac's post. No violations made against those who replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back