Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Is "The End?"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

smaller

It gets rather tiresome reading all the dire things that believers think they see in the book of Revelation.

Doom, Gloom, Apocalypse, the anti-Christ man, blood, horrors.

How is it that we miss the obvious in the book of Revelation? One of the first "principles" laid down in Revelation is this:

Revelation 5:
13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Kaboom to every doomist. You just missed the best part of the whole book.

Never saw it, didja? The REDEMPTION of CREATION.

What happens at the end? What is it the end of?

The promise of the Gospel is this: The END of this wicked age, and the evil generation. The END of the mystery of iniquity. The END of Mystery Babylon. This is what the END speaks of. The END of misery. The END of suffering. The END of tears. The END of pain. And finally, the END of death. Death will be "no more." Sorrows will be "no more."

Isaiah 11:9
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

Habakkuk 2:14
For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

The above is what the prophets saw coming.

When Jesus spoke of the END, He described is to be "like" or "as" the days of Noah.

Matthew 24:37
But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

IN these accounts, we seldom observe HIS RETURN and that that means to ALL the contrariness that currently exists upon the earth. It is ALL the contrariness that will be removed:

Matthew 13:41
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

Where is the DOOM AND GLOOM in this action?! Doom and gloom shall be REMOVED and wiped off the face of the earth.

The knowledge of the Lord, of His Christ shall fill and cover the 'whole earth.' Exactly as it was spoken of here, by Isaiah:

Isaiah 54:
8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.
9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.

Luke 21:28
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Matthew 10:31
Fear ye not therefore
, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Luke 12:7
But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

The FEAR of the LORD is found in this:

How much GLORY of HIM can we stand? Overpowering, Overcoming Glory is a mighty matter. Beyond what any man can bear.

Luke 12:32
Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Can we STAND enough LOVE to turn us into Himself? Can we even perceive such a FLOOD? This FLOOD will blindside the world.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

And here we sit, cowering in fear.

I fear Gods Overwhelming Glory. And welcome that FEAR with all I can bear.

Revelation 15:4
Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

Why do we miss the obvious? And instead, cower in fear, afraid.

Turn, FACE our Maker. Be Overwhelmed by His Eternal Things. He is The Flood that will destroy the earth. HE Is The Fire of PURGING. The Fire that burns BUT DOES NOT CONSUME, just as Moses observed upon the lowly bush.

Exodus 3:2
And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

4 And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.
7 And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;
8 And I am come down to deliver them

1 Corinthians 10:11
Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Anticipate our DELIVERER. The Destroyer of DOOM AND GLOOM!

You close your eyes and you fall asleep and you never wake up as far as we know.
It is our blessed hope in Jesus Christ that we will wake up to a new body and live forever in happiness with God.

Titus 2:13;

You close your eyes and you fall asleep and you never wake up as far as we know.
It is our blessed hope in Jesus Christ that we will wake up to a new body and live forever in happiness with God.

Titus 2:13;
Amen! The "end" of ourselves, as we currently know ourselves, is not a bad thing. It is our hope to put off our current planting in corruption, weakness and dishonor in this natural vile body, Phil. 3:21. 1 Cor. 15:42-49.

I expect Mr. Rollo and I will look upon each others, Perfectly. What that really means, I don't think either of us can say, currently.

I have no idea what awaits on the other side. Sniffing in the wind of the Spirit, we get "glimpses." Just enough to keep us coming back for more.

It's so interesting to read other people's thoughts! I agree the Book of Revelation is deliverance and recovery, and a new day! And the end of all the griefs you mentioned. Praise the LORD! The very Father Himself will "Tabernacle" (tent, abide, live with) "mankind upon Earth" - Earth made new! "The lion will eat straw like the ox. The bear will graze with the cow" - Is 11:7.

I think Revelation is a simple narrative. A play.. an orchestra, each note after beginning its sound, continues to sound to the end.. The end of man's empires and mankind's building of life on sand. Apocalypse is the end of the lesson. (Of good from evil / life from nonlife,death.)

Apocalypse, as we know, being "the unveiling" (gr). When things fall/collapse, they are revealed to be what they are. Truth is unveiled. Truth from error. It's a hard lesson, but really, what other option would a creator have? In order to prevent this whole mess (imperfection, opposite of life) would be no rational creatures? Ever? When He endowed thinking ability a whole new world (tree) of possibilities came about. Surely He is Perfect. And Perfect makes no mistakes..

The end of everything which kills, which causes death. And the last enemy vanquished, death! None dead.. "With God all things are possible!"

Revelation is a frustrating book. It says blessed the one who reads and heeds, yet there's locks on the vision. ;) Oh yes.. effective ones. But easy! Signing off tho, I can have a tendency to prattle..

It's pretty kool that in God's story, "the end" is actually the beginning!
Thanks for the reminder!
I definitely don't think we should cower.. He is "our shade from the heat", and "shelter from the rain" and He will "lead to streams of living (fresh) waters.."

God bless! :)

Back