Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Is The Reward?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
What is the reward when we get to heaven? What do you look forward to? I read about many mansions, streets of gold, crowns for some, The spotless clothing, No deceit, a white rock with a new name on it, being able to see or perhaps even be with our loved ones again, eating from the tree of life, rivers of living waters, no thievery, a new body...

It is written, the mind of man can not comprehend the goodness that the Lord has in store for us. I must admit, this all sounds pretty good so far, and is well comprehended, so if there is more that we can't even begin to comprehend...wow, what else do you think there is? What would you like there to be?

I have an idea...the transformation. We will be transformed in the twinkling of an eye, and will get new spiritual bodies (WOW!). We will see the Lord as He really is, for we will be as He is. This has got to be more significant than any of the other things! Wow, just...wow. I look forward to this. :)

Yet, I think all of this is going to pale in significance, to...the real reward. All of those things will be nice, don't misunderstand me. Nicer than anything we have ever experienced or imagined for sure, but...somehow, I think there's something greater,,,I think that is going to be...being in the presence of the Lord Himself! I have read and listened to a lot of near death experience accounts and they all say the same thing. That the feeling that washes over them at that time is a feeling of pure love and acceptance.

God is love. So to be in the presence of God is to be in the presence of pure love. God will dwell with us, so we will have this benefit of being in the presence of the Lord all of the time, for eternity. I think this is the reward. The real reward. To just be able to dwell in the presence of the Lord.

What do you think? :sohappy

Face to face with God.
Eternal life.
Yes, what could be better?
Some people talk about rewards as though some will get more than others and be greater in heaven than others.
I think that's a misunderstanding.
I think when Jesus sits us down and tells us about all the things we did on earth to serve him, we will be amazed at things we did and had forgotten.
He will tell us things about ourselves we didn't even realize.
We will see people who got saved because of the seeds we planted.
And much more I am sure.
And whatever else goes with it, I am sure it is beyond our understanding.
It will be wonderful.

Wow, oh wow; man cannot comprehend the things God has prepared for him. Hey, I’m going to be forever in the presence of the Lord, I’m going to have a body incorruptible, have a place prepared for me, and I don’t have to imagine all this; just what it totally means as to benefit.

Of course if God says we cannot comprehend certain things, and so can we guess anyhow utilizing some things told us? Is there a difference in the walk of different saints, and in rewards given? E.g., Rev 22:12 “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.” What this, Edward might have more reward than me?

Let me leave off here to see responses before going on. Blessings to you all in Jesus’ name. :wave2

I think some will get more than others. It has the statement about even the least in heaven will be greater than John the Baptist etc., and Jesus said blessed are those that have not seen and believed (some were chosen and got a visit from Jesus and so forth, others heard and believed without seeing. This take more faith so will get more reward? Perhaps) Then it talks about crowns in different places, for different things. Crown of righteousness, crown of life, crown of glory, crown of rejoicing, and the incorruptible crown. (I think that's all of them, lol). These crowns are for different things, like one is for pastors & teachers, another for overcoming temptation etc., not all have the same place or function in the body and some do their calling better than others, more diligence perhaps. This sort of makes sense that a man who was a dedicated pastor for 40 years and faithfully fed the flock, that he would receive something more than say, the man who did a death bed conversion.

Overall, I would say that making it into heaven at all, even as the least in heaven, that person will feel and be blessed just to be there, and this makes sense for narrow is the gate.

It also talks about many mansions in one place, and in another mentions rooms in my fathers house. Maybe some get their own place while others get a room somewhere. Though I think it's debatable as to which would be better, your own house in heaven...or a room in the Fathers House! Whoa. :)

Have you ever considered the difference between them of Revelation 5:9-10 in heaven prior to the tribulation to come that will reign as kings and priests, compared with them of Revelation 7:9 that came out of great tribulation in Rev 7:14 and stand before the throne of God (Not round about and in the midst of the throne as the others) and become servants of God day and night according to Rev 7:15. This seems to me to be a vast difference and reward than reigning with Christ. God will heal all tears and dwell with all, but do you believe them of the bride will know what they have allowed Jesus to do in their lives? They will have crowns, when others have a palm and a white rock.
:wave2

Have you ever considered the difference between them of Revelation 5:9-10 in heaven prior to the tribulation to come that will reign as kings and priests, compared with them of Revelation 7:9 that came out of great tribulation in Rev 7:14 and stand before the throne of God (Not round about and in the midst of the throne as the others) and become servants of God day and night according to Rev 7:15. This seems to me to be a vast difference and reward than reigning with Christ. God will heal all tears and dwell with all, but do you believe them of the bride will know what they have allowed Jesus to do in their lives? They will have crowns, when others have a palm and a white rock.
:wave2

No, I had not. I just did right now though, and I must admit...you're right and this is a good point! This makes my point too. There will be differences, and while we all will be serving God, which is an honor and privilege, that there will be better positions and different positions in heaven, in the body of Christ. It says in scripture, build up your treasure in heaven in Matthew

Matthew 6: 19-20
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:/(KJV)

Now that's interesting. In a way, it almost sounds like an incentive program. While I do believe that just dwelling with God and being in His presence is a (the!) reward unto itself, it does seem to indicate that we should think on these things and strive towards them. Not a bad idea. What else can I do for the Lord today, etc..:)

Do you think that's being greedy or prideful to strive for treasure in heaven?

:thinking

The reward is to have our vile bodies change into likeness of Christ who is the Firstfruit, Romans 8:23. When we see Jesus face to face we shall inherit our place as heirs in this New Body, Romans 8:15-17; Galatians 4:4-7.
20) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.
21) Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body, according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself.
Philippians 3:20-21

What a reward I receive the full adoption into the family of God, have a body that will be sinless, just like my Saviour's, instead of being in this sinful vile body. Won't have to worry about sickness or injury any more. And as many others have stated I get to see the Blessed Trinity face to face.
1) Behold what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.
I John 3:1-2

As for my reward now:
But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly; wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for He hath prepared for them a city.
Hebrews 11:16

For the little faith that I show in Jesus Christ, God is not ashamed to be called my God.

Back