Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What kind of traveler are you?

• A. Beach Bum – love the sun and the sand

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • B. Mountains for me- Nature is inspiring

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • C. Learning wanderer- after culture and people.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • D. All of the above

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

God's_gift

disregarding my work related travels,...i love the sun and the sand so i'm a beach bum :)

how about you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a bit of all--I like going just about anywhere. There's something refreshing about going somewhere I've never been before.

Well I live in the mountains... but being a Californian transplanted to Idaho I really do miss the ocean. There are times when I hate being so far from the coast!

However, when it comes to traveling, I like going to all different kinds of places and I love to seek out the history and the culture of whatever place I'm going to. :yes

Here in Pennsylvania we have rolling hills that can take your breath away in all the beauty that God has given for our good pleasure especially in the fall when the leafs change color. I've never been to real mountains like in Montana and Colorado, but hope to get there someday as to me this is Gods majesty in all it's splendor. Beaches are alright, but give me my mountains.

I think it's the combination of good scenery and / or buildings AND the history associated with them that make travel so interesting; and sometimes there is particular relevance to some aspect of church history.

Not a graceful one, that's for sure. I don't like going with a group, just family, but they are all grown now.

Places I like are nature, namely gardens (we have Longwood Gardens just south of me near Philadelphia) and when I'm out of state, I also like to find botanical gardens. Ironically, I don't know much about plants, but I love nature. Then when I'm in some garden I've never visited before, I always quip, "This is a nice place, but it needs a sundial!" :lol

The other place I like is anywhere there's water --- sandy ocean beach, maybe waterfalls (such as Niagra or even back-woods falls like Bushkill falls), a lake, a pier somewhere with boat cruises etc.and must have nice sunsets. :) A relaxing meal with some wine watching the sunset and Kenny G there playing "Songbird" is always a plus. :lol

I was raised as a kid owning a cabin on the border of the Poconos, and the woods is nice, too (sort of like a humongous garden) but the downside of it is that is very muggy, buggy and full of poison. I realized later in life I do not like the woods (and by extension camping) as much as the previous places I mentioned. The other places are also more open-spaced.

Not a graceful one, that's for sure. I don't like going with a group, just family, but they are all grown now.

Places I like are nature, namely gardens (we have Longwood Gardens just south of me near Philadelphia) and when I'm out of state, I also like to find botanical gardens. Ironically, I don't know much about plants, but I love nature. Then when I'm in some garden I've never visited before, I always quip, "This is a nice place, but it needs a sundial!" :lol

The other place I like is anywhere there's water --- sandy ocean beach, maybe waterfalls (such as Niagra or even back-woods falls like Bushkill falls), a lake, a pier somewhere with boat cruises etc.and must have nice sunsets. :) A relaxing meal with some wine watching the sunset and Kenny G there playing "Songbird" is always a plus. :lol

I was raised as a kid owning a cabin on the border of the Poconos, and the woods is nice, too (sort of like a humongous garden) but the downside of it is that is very muggy, buggy and full of poison. I realized later in life I do not like the woods (and by extension camping) as much as the previous places I mentioned. The other places are also more open-spaced.

Hi, Tim: the Poconos, so were you on the Penn. side or the New Jersey side?

I really like it round there, not far from the Delaware Water Gap.

Hi, Tim: the Poconos, so were you on the Penn. side or the New Jersey side?

I really like it round there, not far from the Delaware Water Gap.

My cabin was 3 miles west of Wind Gap on the Pa side. It was on an old abandoned Lehigh New England Railroad bed. My father and I used to take bike rides to Wind Gap and sit on that train bridge over route 33 waving at the cars going northward.

I'm familiar with the Delaware Water Gap, and one time during a ride up that way as a youth I took several pictures of it. I don't get up that way much any longer, but once in awhile I pass it.

Although I grew up in Allentown, I now live just south of Easton Pa. near the NJ border.

My cabin was 3 miles west of Wind Gap on the Pa side. It was on an old abandoned Lehigh New England Railroad bed. My father and I used to take bike rides to Wind Gap and sit on that train bridge over route 33 waving at the cars going northward.

I'm familiar with the Delaware Water Gap, and one time during a ride up that way as a youth I took several pictures of it. I don't get up that way much any longer, but once in awhile I pass it.

Although I grew up in Allentown, I now live just south of Easton Pa. near the NJ border.

Ty Tim, very interesting! I have passed through that area, and, especially from the NJ side, I was very impressed, because the usual image of NJ is of flat. market gardens and NYC suburbs and retail parks.

disregarding my work related travels,...i love the sun and the sand so i'm a beach bum :)

how about you?

I'm with you there. My ideal vacation is on some warm beach with my feet in the water, but the rest out...just relaxing.

So pretty much this!

relaxing-on-the-beach.jpg

Well, I sunburn too easily to spend too much time on the beach. I like well-shaded areas, so it's the mountains for me!

Well, I sunburn too easily to spend too much time on the beach. I like well-shaded areas, so it's the mountains for me!

Speculative:

Well, too much direct sun can be bad for the skin.

(If a person has a tattoo exposed to the sun, it can be affected ,too.)

I love the mountains... feel at peace there ....

I love the oceans ... the vistas can be amazing ...

Everywhere I travel, I prefer to interact with the locals and learn more about them .... by listening, one can learn about culture, preferences, their opinion of the USA (if one is out of the country) ... I wouldn't do well if I was the only person on an island

Back