Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

When do yiu think

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I don't know what's going on and the excuses in my country. I mean a full-time min wage job pulls about 650 after tax a week. I mean rent a room in a house that's about 200, fill tank gas, 100, food eat well, 100, play with 50 got 200 left. That's 10k saved end of the year, take of unexpected bills, should still have a bit left.

I think alot of people are just irresponsible with money and then cry they broke.

I don't think its hard for people to get into there own home even they probably need mortgage debt, but thats not necessarily bad debt.

I mean some finish there studies and work and stay live with there parents for a few more years until they got a deposit. I don't think Parents care too much living at home for a few more years if there child is putting in the effort to work and save for a home. They in there own home by 21.

Most young people want out quick. Can't wait to get out of home, think the world is easy go rent a house with there buddies.
The cost of a mortgage is beyond many ,this wasn't the case a decade ago.

You can't buy my house if you are from here.but a fleeing liberal can .

I think alot of people are just irresponsible with money and then cry they broke.

What is it that they say? Anyone can be poor, but one has to learn how to be rich. This is true because I have lived on next to nothing before and also had times of wealth. Not real wealth mind you, but there was times I sure felt rich.

I had more money than I knew what to do with. Literally. So I squandered it on the family. Spoiled the kids rotten and the wife too. Then when the economy took a dive which I was used to so I shifted gears fast. And it would'a been good except by then I was married and she was used to me throwing money at her, so she was like what happened? She couldn't handle the transition.

It occurs to me that there is a substantial amount of security in poverty.

Would you agree and why.

Food, shelter, natural resources, manufacturing and labor. These are the things that bring new wealth into the society. Newly grown fruits and vegetables enter the economy as new wealth with a monetary value. The tree in the forest becomes a house. The tree as monetary value enters the cycle as new wealth when it is cut down. Labor continues to bring added value to this tree, as it is transported, as it is milled, and as it is made into a structure. Taxing the things that create new wealth pay against the debt.

But we do not have that type of capitalism anymore, one based on real capital. That was back when we were more of an agrarian society, when agriculture and manufacturing comprised over 80% of the nations GDP. And government and service sector jobs, like teachers, and medical and banking comprised less than 20% of the GDP. Service sector jobs don't create real new wealth. With service sector jobs salaries often payed for by tax dollars, taxing their income provides no real relief in paying down the debt.

The dollar was once upon a time backed by gold. Now it is backed by what, the good faith and credit of the American people? The strength of the dollar changes daily against other currencies, how does that happen.

Perhaps if the dollar and the other currencies were based something real. Gold was a finite resource held by few. But as you said, to take part in the economy, one must consume. That is a common characteristic for all of mankind, we need to eat. What if the dollar, and the pound, or the yen were all valued based on a bushel of wheat, or a bushel of corn? A natural resource grown and consumed across the globe.
That would be interesting to see how it would play out.

Well if the U.S. doesn't start to cut all unnecessary spending we're never going to pay it off while Americans will be slaves to paying taxes. It's already out of control. We need basic services, toss out the rest of the spending.
It's never going yo happen short of a revolution. Way too many special interests have their fingers in the pie.

It's a choice to live in debt.
No, how much debt is the choice. Debt in general is inevitable to function in the ecconomy at this point. To go to college past basic courses will require debt, to own a home will result in debt, to build credit to purchase a vehicle will require debt.

Unless you live in a city where wifi is available in abundance, you have a job you can walk or bike to, and can get to medical and food needs the same way. Debt is inevitable.

I don't know what's going on and the excuses in my country. I mean a full-time min wage job pulls about 650 after tax a week. I mean rent a room in a house that's about 200, fill tank gas, 100, food eat well, 100, play with 50 got 200 left. That's 10k saved end of the year, take of unexpected bills, should still have a bit left.

You have to add in availability. You need to find affordable housing where available. If you live rural this gets even more complicated due to everything being spread out. The 200 left adds up to roughly 800. So take that 800 and figure in electric, internet, water, waste, and insurance. That will drastically lower if not take all of that reserve.

Plus if you have a vehicle you will need to factor in plating, maintenence, medical expenses, clothes, etc.

I make enough to get by. I have one of the highest paid jobs in my area outside a degree. It's brutal.

It's never going yo happen short of a revolution. Way too many special interests have their fingers in the pie.

Well yeah, unfortunately we're too absorbed into our own lives we can't see the big spending problems.

Well if you are technically inclined you can rebuild a vehicle. Many young adults will get a hand me down vehicle, they can save money for a new car fund and buy with that fund. You can get into a trade instead of college. As for homes, well I consider that as equity rather than debt. Of course you are responsible for the upkeep but unlike a vehicle that is a depreciated asset that loses value over time your home doesn't. Just try to live within your means.

Debt, unchecked can spiral out of control and continues to get worse. A lot of people do live beyond their means and often buy a car more expensive than what they can afford piling up more debt and makes it harder to get a home mortgage.

Dominic is apparently sorry he wore a nazi uniform at a dress up party at his 21st.

I mean that was like in the stone age and I dont know if anyone at the party was even offended or anyone even cared?. Why randomly bring it out now?. Was someone holding it against him or something trying to make him feel guilty so he felt he had to apologise ?.

He's sorry for the mistake.

I mean the Leader of my Country, well now resigning, I mean she gave about 3 million tax payer dollars to a established gang, and the classic thing is that gang was originally founded by 2 white supremacists back in like the 60s who went to court and the judge called them mongrels so they called themselves the Mongrel mob.

And I always wondered how 99% of the Mob one of the biggest and most established gangs in the country there patch is a brittish bulldog wearing a german helmet and there symbol is the swastika and there call to each other is seig hail. And 99% are not white skin.

The leader of the country thankfully stood down so I have to say something nice about her for her service as public property.

Alot of people have gone the wrong path and got personal and abusive and she has recieved many threats and all this and that, but im someone who seperates someone's personal life with politics as I don't like interference in my personal life so I dont interfere with someone else's personal life and i want set a good example.

Well politically, Jacindas government and its policies while she was I office, unfortunately I cannot say a single positive thing. Absolutely nothing at all so i will stop there.

What I can say positive is I do wish her the best for her future, and im sure she is a good loving and caring mother to her child, and she can spend more time with her family, and I wish her all the best in whatever she chooses to do.

If it's political I will be back to critisise. Lol. But seriously people are still human beings and there is always something positive you can say about them. So I wish her all the best. Thank you and good bye.

Welcome to the new unelected leader of the country taking over that the people didn't acturally vote for.

As he said he wants people to do what he wants them to do otherwise he will go out and chase them and look for them and find them.

I mean I don't know what he's going to do with them. I mean he said those who dknt do what he wants them to do he will go out and chase them and find them and look for them.

Yea, and the mass majority of east germany in the 30s were everyday men, women, and children who were conditioned and brainwashed to praise there leader who manipulated them to think the minorities were the crooked ones and they were so morally great. He went out looking for them.

If I had one question to ask the new PM I would say from that video.

What do you plan to do with the minority who don't agree and do what you want them to do and you want to go out and find them and chase and look for them?.

What, just going to say, oh, I just used intelligence and resources to track you down just so I can ask nicely can you please do what I want you to do?.

Well yeah, unfortunately we're too absorbed into our own lives we can't see the big spending problems.

Well if you are technically inclined you can rebuild a vehicle. Many young adults will get a hand me down vehicle, they can save money for a new car fund and buy with that fund.
For that you ate going to need space and tools. You cant work on a car in the street and most apartment parking lots. Im not teying to poo poo. Im trying to point out that sincw the late 1980s everything is shift I ng to credit.

You can get into a trade instead of college.
possible. The trade needs to be hiting on your area. You also need a trade school near by. Schools are cutting trades training due to resource needs.

As for homes, well I consider that as equity rather than debt. Of course you are responsible for the upkeep but unlike a vehicle that is a depreciated asset that loses value over time your home doesn't. Just try to live within your means.
You need a good credit history to get a loan for a home. That can only be generated by showing you can pay down debt.

Debt, unchecked can spiral out of control and continues to get worse. A lot of people do live beyond their means and often buy a car more expensive than what they can afford piling up more debt and makes it harder to get a home mortgage.
I agree with you. A large problem is that wages stagnated, but credit has sky rocketed.

Back