Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

When Men cry

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

God's_gift

Tears don’t usually come easily to men. But in John 11: 35 ,†Jesus weptâ€.
Is crying, a weakness in your eyes? What are the things that make men cry?

I think this is influenced by our cultural norms.

I tend to be more emotional than I wish I was. It's one of the things I'd change about myself if I could. When I went to Brazil for my first mission trip, I was an emotional wreck as I took it all in. I was like that all week! Brazilian men are not that way. They were probably thinking, "These American men... They tear up a lot.". :)

For me, when I have those moments of clarity and encounter the Lord in an extraordinary way, when my children do something particular to make me extra-proud, and when I see someone brought to faith. I don't weep over sad things really. More so, happy things. :yes

Women are worldclass experts when it comes to crying. They have faulty eye-tears faucet. Women can cry at any time: in the toilet, church, arena, home, school, in the public - everywhere.

Even when most of our women are very happy you see them cry.
------
For a man to cry...OMG
There is trouble
Invite God

I think this is influenced by our cultural norms.

I tend to be more emotional than I wish I was. It's one of the things I'd change about myself if I could. When I went to Brazil for my first mission trip, I was an emotional wreck as I took it all in. I was like that all week! Brazilian men are not that way. They were probably thinking, "These American men... They tear up a lot.". :)

For me, when I have those moments of clarity and encounter the Lord in an extraordinary way, when my children do something particular to make me extra-proud, and when I see someone brought to faith. I don't weep over sad things really. More so, happy things. :yes

Good post. Yet, sad things caused Christ to weep. He wept over Jerusalem's fate. Matt. 23:38 And Laz.. death.
And Peter?? He went out and wept bitterly over his denial of Christ in repentence. True Godly sorrow.

It is very hard for me to see the prophesy of earths ending & while we have the knowledge which some do, that there will not be weeping for our loved ones seemingly end to be? that we love dearly. I for one believe that even in heaves's judgement we will find much weeping for some that will not be there because of our lack of concern. Even children or family. (if we make it there ourselves even)

--Elijah

PS: Rev. finds that all tears will be wiped away. But that is when the judgement is all over & it is recorded when New Jerusalem is coming to earth. Rev. 21:4

I don't feel comfortable crying with an audience but as I get older that I find myself giving in to emotion more than I did before. There are times when I'm alone to be watching a movie or some news story and being brought to tears and it happens more and more frequently. It's embarrassing even when I'm alone but also feels like a release. Strange.

Is it a sign of weakness? No.

No it is not a weakness to show emotion. It truly takes more strength in our society to have/show real emotions.

Steve is a pretty emotional sort of guy.... He tears up fairly easily... hates is about as much as you guys are saying you do. One of my favorite pics from our wedding day is him and his best man sitting together, Jesus' hand on his shoulder and him with a box of Kleenix on his lap and tears running down his face.

He's not a weak guy though....not at all.

I'll say it.....I'm a cryer. I cry when soldiers come home to loved ones, or when they come home to their child and meet them for the first time. Sometimes at movies, but not a lot. I have cried almost every day since coming back to Christ though. I have a emmense feeling of love when I talk to God much of the time, and whenever I'm at home singing along with some good worship music. I can't help it though. An overwealming feeling comes over me, like I can feel God with me, and I just cry until I can't anymore as I praise Him. That feeling that brings the good tears is better than any drug on earth, and I would deffinately know. I thank God that I have the experience.

I think when a man cries it shows their unsuppressed emotions to true feelings like wearing their heart on their sleeve and to me that shows great strength. When my husbands mother died last year he would not cry around me even though at times he looked like he would, but rather took his sorrow in private because he did not want to look weak in front of me and that's so wrong. Jesus wept in compassion for his friend and we know Jesus was never weak.

No it is not a weakness to show emotion. It truly takes more strength in our society to have/show real emotions.

this, a million times. i never cry and i wish i could. it's healthy and therapeutic.
did you know that in ancient greece it was a sign of manliness to cry when it came down to it?

this, a million times. i never cry and i wish i could. it's healthy and therapeutic.
did you know that in ancient greece it was a sign of manliness to cry when it came down to it?

I was like this for the longest time, but I think I'm now starting to turn around. I'm slowly but surely letting my emotions out and it DOES feel good! :yes

Do women cry? Yes! Always!
Do men cry? Yes! Not always.

If you really want to know how seriously men cry GO TO A STADUIM DURING A MATCH. UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL.:lol

You will get embarrased when your team loses.

Back