Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where in the bible does it say not to confess to a man?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What verses say not to confess your sins to a man? I can't find a single verse that states to confess to God and God alone. All the verses I find say to.

Try 1 John 1:9. It says if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins...... I don't see where a priest has this authority.

May God bless, Golfjack

Every Christian has been given the keys.

If one's conscience is weighing on them heavily I think it can be beneficial to speak to a pastor or another Christian. Someone that can remind and reinforce the good news of the Gospel.

Re: reply

golfjack said:
Try 1 John 1:9. It says if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins...... I don't see where a priest has this authority.

May God bless, Golfjack
Matthew 16:19
Matthew 18:18
John 20:23

I should add that only God can forgive sins. Man merely saying "your forgiven" without Heavenly backing is useless.

Ok, I cleaned up the heretical posts and this thread is closed...If someone wished to discuss this, please do it in the Debate forum or in the other religion section....

Back