Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who is the AntiChrist?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Which of these scriptures use the word antichrist ?

Which one of these titles use the word Christ?

The Lamb of God
The Son of Man
The Word
The Lord of lords
The Sun of Righteousness [Malachi 4:2]
The King of kings
The Holy One of Israel
The High Priest
The First and Last
The Savior

JLB

I think we just did this a while back..

these are all Who He is... yes the Christ yep Jesus Christ also has those names ..

the word antichrist in John is not a name is only a discription.. it is not a who it is a what.

1Jn_2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn_4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jn_1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

You know that these refer to the antichrist who John says is coming.

Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 1 John 2:18

The false messiah that will go to the temple and proclaim himself as God.
The false messiah that will be destroyed by the brightness of His coming.

LOL! Neo-fundamentalists claim to to believe the Bible, but they just believe what they want and pretend the Bible agrees with them, just like a liberal.

John doesn't say himself that Antichrist is coming, he is merely referring to an old prophecy that antichrist is coming. "YOU HAVE HEARD that 'antichrist is coming'." (sorry Trolls, John doesn't provide a citation for his quote). And, would you please stop the inane bolding of the word "the" in front of "antichrist". It's really lame to emphasize, let alone base doctrine on, a word in a translation that doesn't appear in the source being translated.

John refers to an old prophecy to point out its fulfillment, "and now there are many antichrists..." "Now" doesn't mean the future, although you might want to check a dictionary about the meaning of now, I could be wrong. LOL!

Also, the Temple was destroyed. There are no more people entering the temple. Obviously. G-O-N-E.

266874365_4bd288d110_o.jpg

This is the arch of Titus, built shortly after the Roman destruction of Jerusalem, the man who in fact did enter the temple and declare himself to be God. The inscription the arch includes "divotito", Divine Titus, Titus the God.

003-arch-of-titus-spoils-jerusalem.jpg

This engraving is part of the arch. This is an image of the Romans looting the Temple, after Titus declared himself God in the Temple, and even having his men perform animal sacrifices to him while at the Tempe. The emblem of the state of Israel is based on this image of the menorah.

Few enter the narrow gate... And, this forum isn't on the narrow path.

LOL! Neo-fundamentalists claim to to believe the Bible, but they just believe what they want and pretend the Bible agrees with them, just like a liberal.

John doesn't say himself that Antichrist is coming, he is merely referring to an old prophecy that antichrist is coming. "YOU HAVE HEARD that 'antichrist is coming'." (sorry Trolls, John doesn't provide a citation for his quote). And, would you please stop the inane bolding of the word "the" in front of "antichrist". It's really lame to emphasize, let alone base doctrine on, a word in a translation that doesn't appear in the source being translated.

John refers to an old prophecy to point out its fulfillment, "and now there are many antichrists..." "Now" doesn't mean the future, although you might want to check a dictionary about the meaning of now, I could be wrong. LOL!

Also, the Temple was destroyed. There are no more people entering the temple. Obviously. G-O-N-E.

This is the arch of Titus, built shortly after the Roman destruction of Jerusalem, the man who in fact did enter the temple and declare himself to be God. The inscription the arch includes "divotito", Divine Titus, Titus the God.

This engraving is part of the arch. This is an image of the Romans looting the Temple, after Titus declared himself God in the Temple, and even having his men perform animal sacrifices to him while at the Tempe. The emblem of the state of Israel is based on this image of the menorah.

Funny, not a single scripture, just more opinion and some pictures from the internet.

Which is why no one takes Preterism seriously. :shrug

JLB

these are all Who He is... yes the Christ yep Jesus Christ also has those names ..

the word antichrist in John is not a name is only a discription.. it is not a who it is a what.

Here is my question again.

Notice what I actually asked.

Which one of these titles use the word Christ?

The Lamb of God
The Son of Man
The Word
The Lord of lords
The Sun of Righteousness [Malachi 4:2]
The King of kings
The Holy One of Israel
The High Priest
The First and Last
The Savior

Christ is not a name, but a title.

The reason we know His name, is because He has been revealed to us.

Before He was revealed, it was only known that the Messiah would come.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:5-8

When he is revealed, then we will know his name.

Because he has not been revealed and we do not know his name, that should tell you he has not yet come, nor has he been destroyed by the brightness of His coming.

JLB

Last edited:

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

I see, so General Titus must have been destroyed by the brightness of the Lord's coming in 70 AD, then right?

Oh, wait, if that happened, how did he get the wonderful arches and become the emperor of Rome? :lol

JLB

Funny, not a single scripture, just more opinion and some pictures from the internet.

Sure, I provided a single scripture, Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 1 John 2:18

Well, at least you provided the scripture I used. I just walked you through it like you're just now starting to learn English.
"You have heard" = John is referring to past prophecy. He's not giving a new prophecy.
"The Antichrist is coming" = it's just "antichrist is coming" in the original Greek.
"Even now many anarchists have come" = literally, "and now", John is pointing out the fulfillment of the prophecy.
"It is the last hour" = meaning the close of the age is at hand (as shown by the arrival of antichrists).

And, you say I haven't given you a single scripture. :screwloose2

Which is why no one takes Preterism seriously. :shrug

All the great saints and church fathers in history were preterists. The Bible clearly teaches preterism in every relevant passage, such as the single verse of scripture quoted above. You just don't believe the Bible. The only legitimate debate is to what degree the Bible teaches preterism.

It's very embarrassing that you don't respond to my argument, but you just pretend I haven't made any argument.

You just don't believe the Bible.
There is no need for this kind of talk.. JLB very much believes the Bible.. His understanding is just not the same as yours.. Jabs such as thrown here will not be tolerated ... this paragraph of the TOS needs to be adhered to

2.4: No Trolling. Do not make an inflammatory remark just to get a response. Address issues not personalities. Respect where people are in their spiritual walk, and respect all others in general. Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.

All the great saints and church fathers in history were preterists. The Bible clearly teaches preterism in every relevant passage, such as the single verse of scripture quoted above. You just don't believe the Bible. The only legitimate debate is to what degree the Bible teaches preterism.

It's very embarrassing that you don't respond to my argument, but you just pretend I haven't made any argument.

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15

Was General Titus destroyed by the brightness of His coming in 70 AD?

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:5-8

Since General Titus went on to become Emperor Titus,
then it's safe to say, that he was not destroyed by the brightness of His coming, because jesus did not return in 70 AD, nor was the resurrection in 70 AD.

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

This man of sin, the son of perdition, the lawless one will be destroyed by the brightness of His coming, at the time of the resurrection/rapture.

Titus and 70 AD are disqualified as being the time, and the person who is destroyed by Jesus Christ Himself.

JLB

Sure, I provided a single scripture, Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 1 John 2:18

There is no scripture in your post.

It's just your opinion and pictures from the internet.

JLB

try the TOS you said you agree to when you signed up edited reba

Here is one of the TOS for this forum.

Now that it is written into our ToS, members found to be promoting the doctrine of Full Preterism will be subject to deleted posts, warnings and/or infractions. CFnet holds that this belief is heresy, and it opposes our Statement of Faith.

Thank you.

Let's agree to use scripture, when we are discussing a controversial topic, such as Preterism.

It is my belief that the man of sin, the son of perdition, who is also called the lawless one, will be revealed one day at the end of the age, just before Jesus returns from heaven to gather His people at the resurrection/rapture.

At His coming, He destroys the lawless one, who is a false messiah, claiming to be God, by showing false signs and lying wonders in the Temple, and deceiving those who have rejected Jesus as the Messiah.

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8

If these things occur at His coming, then we can rest assured that they did not occur in 70 AD.

JLB

Who is the Antichrist? We hear much talk on YouTube and popular movies that the “Antichrist” is a literal person who is to come in the future. He will deceive the nations and contribute to the destruction of the world. Sound familar? The question is, is this the truth?

Does or will such a man or entity really exist? Is he really coming or is he already here?

The answer will surprise you.

Here is what the Bible really says about the “Antichrist" and it will really surprise you to find out who invented this concept of an literal person called the “antichrist.”

The word “Antichrist” is only found 4 times in all of Scripture. It is not found in the Book of Revelation. It is not the same as the Beast.

1 John 2:18 Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22 Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

2 John 1:7

For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

John (an apostle ministering to the Jews) was using the term in a veiled response to apostate Jews who:

1. Denied the Father and the Son. Denying Christ is also denying the Father - they go together (John 8: 19, John 14: 7, John 16: 7)
2. Did not confess Jesus is from God. God the Father SENT the Son (the 2nd Person of the Trinity) into the world, in the flesh.
3. Denied that Jesus was the Messiah come in the flesh. To them, Jesus was just “another guy”. He was not God in the flesh to them.

The antichrist is not a single individual but anyone (apostate Jews and all) who denies the deity of Christ, the oneness of Christ with the Father and deny that Christ is the Messiah & was incarnate/came in the flesh. Muslims are the antichrist; Jews are antichrist, atheists are to, in short, anyone who denies these things is an antichrist according to the Bible This is what the Bible teaches.

It is not to be associated with the Beast exclusively; though he himself was an antichrist as well. (the beast will be discussed at a later date)

This is what the Bible has to say about the real antichrist. It is a "spirit" an "attitude" a "position of belief"; not a literal man who is coming in the future.

Now this position and interpretation of scripture is new. A man named John Darby in 1830 invented this new way of looking at certain scripture verses and with the help of the Scofield Bible later in the early 1900’s, went on to sweep America and the sleeping church with unbiblical hermeneutics.

We (partial preterists) call this Dispensational Theology.

This new and erroneous view has now swept America and has become the dominating theology despite being wrong. Christian Zionists (as we call them) in the USA use these interpretations to justify supporting Israel (wrongly so) among a host of other problems.

What else has this dispensational theology misinterpreted? Much.

I will next show you that the “Mark of the Beast” is NOT what you have been told!

Now you know.

PEACE

Paloma I generally agree but 1st John 2 18 allows for a individual Antichrist. He says you have heard that Antichrist is coming but he doesn't correct them on the idea of an individual Antichrist coming. He adds a spirit of antichrist to that topic.

I personally believe that John's Epistles were written after 70 AD. When he says this is he who has come not by water only but also by Blood oh, I think he is referring to coming in the flood of Noah and coming in the blood of the Roman soldiers. So by the time of the writing the Desolation upon Jerusalem has already been complete

In Revelation 10 John is also told that he must after being released from Patmos, prophesy again to a group of people of many languages tongues and Nations. If as most preterist understand John was released from Patmos in 68 a.d. this means that he needed to preach and prophesy or explain prophesy again do a new wave of people. The little scroll is different message, therefore it only makes sense that John's Epistles may have been written post 70 AD as they would include the only possibility for a record of his Prophecy of the little scroll.
. I personally believe that Antichrist was referring to Simon bar kosiba Who was appointed Messiah during the bar kosiba war of 132 to 135 ad. He would arrive a short season after the millennium's which many preterists believe were fulfilled in 70 AD

I further believe that in 2nd John, his reference to the spirit of antichrist includes those who deny the continual indwelling of Christ and his teaching with in subsequent Generations. The context of the phrase In the Flesh as he teaches in 2nd John and I think some of First John refers to the indwelling aspect of Christ, not just the reality that he came in bodily form, as I don't even really see that argument defended in these Epistles. The fact is he has come and he continues coming in the flesh and in those who receive him in subsequent Generations.

An excerpt from post #136 above.

I personally believe that Antichrist was referring to Simon bar kosiba Who was appointed Messiah during the bar kosiba war of 132 to 135 ad. He would arrive a short season after the millennium's which many preterists believe were fulfilled in 70 AD.

I believe he was prophecies as maher-shal al hash bad in Is 8 and is there for anti- Immanuel or anti-christ.

I notice JLB identifies as an Administrator. On other forums Administrator outranks Moderator and includes moderating duties..

Is that different here?
There is not to much difference other than the three of us Administrators, stovebolts, JLB and myself have executive discission making over any problems the Moderators report to us.

Back