Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who is the army of Rev. 19: 14.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Marilyn C

WHO IS THE ARMY IN Rev. 19: 14.

`Then I saw heaven opened, & behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful & True, & in righteousness He judges & makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, & on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, & His name is called the Word of God.

And the
armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white & clean, followed Him on white horses.` (Rev. 19: 11 - 14)

Who do you think this army is? And what scriptures do you think back up what you believe.

Marilyn.

Malachi & I have been having a discussion on this topic on another thread & as it was a bit off the topic I thought I would move this aspect to here.

Malachi has been looking at Jude 14 -

`Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, (ungodly) saying, “Behold., the Lord comes with ten thousands of His `hagios,` holy ones,…` (Jude 14)

Some versions of the Bible write, angels, some saints & some holy ones. Thus as with all topics we need to look into all the scriptures pertaining to this topic.

So we read that Enoch prophesied about the Lord coming with ten thousands of His `Holy ones.` Now who are these `holy ones.` If we go to Deuteronomy we read of Moses talking about this same event.

`And he said: “The Lord came from Sinai, & dawned on them from Seir; he shone forth from Mount Paran, And he came with ten thousands of `quodos,` holy ones.” (Deut. 33: 2)

Finally we are told by David in the Psalms who these `holy ones,` are.

`The chariots of God are myriads, thousands upon thousands; the Lord is among them as at Sinai, in holiness.` (Ps. 68: 17)

The `chariots of God,` are the angel army of God, who bring judgment upon the ungodly.

Marilyn.

`Then I saw heaven opened, & behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful & True, & in righteousness He judges & makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, & on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, & His name is called the Word of God.

And the
armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white & clean, followed Him on white horses.` (Rev. 19: 11 - 14)

Who do you think this army is? And what scriptures do you think back up what you believe.

Marilyn.

They are the saints who have died throughout time....

Revelation 6:9 "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:"

Revelation 6:10 "And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord [Master], holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth."

Revelation 6:11 "And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled."

If you follow Jesus as a Christian, and if you are doing your part to remake earth in the image of Heaven, then you are included in that army right now. Your white horse is the righteous power given you to fulfill your duty in Jesus Name.

Mat 6:10 - Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Hi Malachi,

You have asked me to look into the Strong`s Exhaustive Concordance with regard to the word `saints.` I have done this & as we know the Greek word is `hagios` meaning sacred, holy one & is used in God`s word for saint & also for angel. The scripture in Jude 14 has the word `hagios ` which could be saint or angel.

As I have said before some versions of the Bible say, holy ones, some saints & some angels. Thus we need to look into all the scriptures on this topic (as you would know) to confirm whether `hagios` in Jude 14 is either `saints or angels.`

I have already pointed out some scriptures referring to the `Lord coming with ten thousands of `hagios,` (saints or angels). Moses tells us in Deuteronomy that the Lord came from Sinai with ten thousands of `quodos,` Hebrew also for holy ones. (Deut. 33: 2) Then in the Psalms David tells us that these `holy ones,` at Sinai, are the chariots of God, & that they are myriads, thousands of thousands. Thus we know that they are God`s angel army. (Ps. 68: 17) God`s word interprets it for us.

Now we need to look into who Jesus, Himself says comes with Him at the second coming.

Marilyn.

They are the saints who have died throughout time....

Revelation 6:9 "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:"

Revelation 6:10 "And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord [Master], holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth."

Revelation 6:11 "And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled."

Marilyn,

You are merely quibbling about something that is very clear and plain. Whether it is "holy ones" or "saints" there is just ONE Scripture where "holy ones" can be construed as angels (Dan 8:13). Period.

There is no ambiguity whatsoever about the saints accompanying Christ at His Second Coming, as n2thelight and Sinthesis have pointed out. And the passage from Rev 19 should be from verses 6 through 14:
6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Now let's connect the verses which are bolded and underlined and determine if the saints do indeed accompany Christ at His Second Coming.

1. Does the Lamb (Christ) have a Wife? Yes
2. Is this Wife arrayed in fine linen, clean and white? Yes
3. Does this fine linen represent the imputed righteousness of the saints? Yes
4. Is the army descending with Christ clothed in fine linen, white and clean? Yes
5. Does that clearly establish the identity of the army as being the saints, as well as the Wife of the Lamb? Yes

Having this passage clearly before us Marilyn, you should abandon your theory about this army being anything other than the saints. I trust you will let us all know that Scripture has prevailed over speculation.

Last edited:
If you follow Jesus as a Christian, and if you are doing your part to remake earth in the image of Heaven, then you are included in that army right now. Your white horse is the righteous power given you to fulfill your duty in Jesus Name.

Mat 6:10 - Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
reba is looking for the like button...
Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Some how some way these verses dont read to me as His Second coming..

Lets drop the holier then thou stuff... one members ideas or thoughts are as valid as the next with in the frame of the SoF

reba is looking for the like button...
Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Some how some way these verses dont read to me as His Second coming..

Why don't they read that way to you?When do you think He comes other than with His armies?Keeping in mind my prospective,He returns only once....

Interesting.

Jude 1:22
And of some have compassion, making a difference:
23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

There is a battle, but it is not with our human anger or fleshly ways.

What battle might be laid out in the great commission?

Name of the Father. Repentance.

I grew up under hell fire and brimstone teachers / evangelists. In one sense the Law can be used lawfully to point out sin. You can't justify with the works of the law, but you can show what you need to repent of and (extend it into wicked inward thoughts).

A whole lost world is out there with a battle for the need for awareness of sin. The good guys wear white (the true and faithful servant -- with some wolves dressed in white to deceive).

After repentance comes accepting Christ.
Then
Finally the baptism in the Holy Spirit empowers for service.

The battle rages. Have you enlisted?

eddif

Hi Malachi,

I have replied to your two questions & now I will answer my question to you.

`Who Jesus said would come with Him.`

`When the Son of Man comes in His glory, & all the HOLY ANGELS with Him.` (Matt. 25: 31)
`the Son of Man .....comes in His own glory, & in His Father`s glory & in the glory of the HOLY ANGELS.` (Luke 9: 26)
`when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with HIS MIGHTY ANGELS.` (2 Thess. 1: 7)

God`s word is very clear & straightforward - His Holy angels are going to come with Him when He returns to earth in power & great glory.

I will answer your other questions next.

Marilyn.

Philippians 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Those who spread the gospel will suffer persecution.

Submitt my thoughts on the word for angles.

Messengers:
1 angelic host of heaven
2 symbolic nerves in our body that carry messages of pain and joy
3 those who carry the gospel to the world (Revelation messengers to seven Churches - the people are the body parts of Christ).

II Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Those who run in the midst of battle and deny him he will not support. We are like a person who is a nanny. The battle is not being obnoxious, but using the weapons of our warfare.

Kind of Mississippi disjointed. Oh well. I have problems seeing while I wear these welding goggles. One day I will see clearly. I Corinthians 13:12

eddif

Why don't they read that way to you?When do you think He comes other than with His armies?Keeping in mind my prospective,He returns only once....
arnt we His army? Is he not here? Does He live in you and me?
What purpose to the verse 13 at/after His second coming?
Verse 15 his Word is the 'sword' again what purpose at/after His second coming?

arnt we His army? Is he not here? Does He live in you and me?
What purpose to the verse 13 at/after His second coming?
Verse 15 his Word is the 'sword' again what purpose at/after His second coming?
I say we are.

eddif

Hi Malachi,

You wrote some good questions that need to be looked at from God`s word.
  1. Does the Lamb have a wife? Yes – Israel.

God`s word tells us that God is Israel`s husband & she His wife. Israel was unfaithful & went after other gods. Thus God `divorced`them. (Jer. 3: 8) But God will take them back & `remarry,` Israel. This means He will connect again with them & be their God.

` “ For your Maker is your husband, the Lord of hosts is His name; & your Redeemer is the Holy one of Israel;…For the Lord has called you like a woman grieved in spirit, like a youthful wife when you were refused,” says your God.`(Isa. 54: 5 & 6)

`”And it shall be, in that day,” says the Lord, “That you will call me “
My husband,”….I will betroth you to Me forever; Yes, I will betroth you to me in righteousness & justice,….`(Hosea 2: 16 & 19)

2. Is this wife arrayed in fine linen, clean & white?
3. Does this fine linen represent the ….righteousness of the saints?

Yes, - the Old Testament saints were accounted righteous by God because they believed in what He said.

`…he obtained witness that he was righteous,….` (Heb. 11: 4)
`…..who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises,…..` (Heb. 11: 33)

4.Is the army descending with Christ clothed in fine linen, white & clean? Yes - The Lord`s Holy Angel Army.

The Lord tells us that when He comes in power & great glory, His holy angels come with Him. And we can see from God`s word that angels are also described as being clothed in fine linen. This means that they are HOLY angels.

`When the Son of Man comes in His glory, & all the HOLY ANGELS with Him...` (Matt. 25: 31)
`And out of the temple came the seven angels….clothed in pure bright linen, & having their chests girded with golden bands.`(Rev. 15: 6)
`linen,` from the Greek word - `katharos,` meaning clean, clear, pure.

So we can see from God`s word, Malachi, that the Lord Jesus Christ will connect again with Israel, His `wife/bride.` Thus He comes in power & great glory with His Holy angel army to deliver Israel from its enemies.

`In that day the Lord will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; ….It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
And I will pour on the house of David & on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace & supplication; then they will look on Me whom they have pierced, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, & grieve for Him as one grieves for a first-born.`(Zech. 12: 10)
`And I saw heaven opened, & behold a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful & True, & in righteousness he judges & makes war…..And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white & clean, followed him on white horses,
Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword with it He should strike the nations.` (Rev. 19: 11 – 15)

` And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts….`(Zech. 14: 16)

A wonderful promise there for Israel of their forgiveness & deliverance from their enemies.

Blessings, Marilyn.

And the

Marilyn.

8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Revelation 19:8,14

The armies are the saints that are returning with Him, and all His holy angels.

26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven. Mark 13:26-27

and again

31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.
Matthew 25:31

JLB

Revelation 7:14
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Ephesians 4:8
Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

I Peter 3:19
By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

eddif

1. Does the Lamb have a wife? Yes – Israel.
Act 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. Some think the Church is Israel; is that you opinion?
When the fullness of the Gentiles come, God at that time will turn again to Israel
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

2. Is this wife arrayed in fine linen, clean & white?
3. Does this fine linen represent the ….righteousness of the saints?
Yes, - the Old Testament saints were accounted righteous by God because they believed in what He said.
Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
This righteousness of the saints above is actually better translated as the righteous works of the saints. Strong's interprets it as " A righteous act or deed." This would be in contrast to the meaning of virtue of righteousness of the new nature of Christ when we are born of God, and solely by grace as the gift of God.
The Lord tells us that when He comes in power & great glory, His holy angels come with Him. And we can see from God`s word that angels are also described as being clothed in fine linen. This means that they are HOLY angels.
I'm pretty sure you're aware that the word "Angel" has the meaning of "Messenger, or pastor" by Strong's. Can you tell me who Jesus' angel is of Rev 1:1? . . . He (Jesus) signified it by His angel unto his servant John.
A hint.
Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
And Rev 22:8-9
Rev 22:8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
Rev 22:9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets . . .

God bless you sister in Jesus' name.

Hi all,

Some interesting comments. Now I see that people aren`t distinguishing between 1. The Body of Christ, 2. Israel & 3. The Nations. Thus I don`t see any value trying to discuss, as we would be talking `apples & oranges,` if you know what I mean - from different perspectives.

God bless, Marilyn.

Does the Lamb have a wife? Yes – Israel.
You just contradicted what is revealed in Revelation 19.

There is not a whisper about Israel in that passage. Whatever the relationship of Israel is to Christ, it has no bearing on Revelation 19. The Lamb's Wife is the Church -- all the saints in Heaven, who then come riding with Christ at His Second Coming.

That does not exclude the angels (as you have been trying to exclude the saints so assiduously), but it confirms that the saints and angels come with Christ. But Revelation 19 says nothing about Israel or the angels, and Jude says nothing about them either. That overturns your theories (and theories should be discarded once the true facts come to light).

Back