Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

WHY CALVINISM IS UNBIBLICAL - IRRESISTIBLE GRACE

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

GodsGrace

Staff member
CF Ambassador
The Calvinist teaching of irresistible grace teaches, simply, that the grace of God is irresistible.

This teaching is necessary due to the doctrine of Unconditional Election, already posted previously.

If God is going to choose to save some and leave the others to be eternally damned to hell,
then, of course, He must give grace to those persons and the grace MUST be received by them.
This grace will change their heart and make them WANT to be saved and make them want to love God -
because Calvinists believe that everyone hates God except those chosen (elected) by Him.

Instead of trying to explain this further - which is rather confusing to be honest....
I thought it would be interesting to listen to a very prominent Calvinist explain the doctrine of irresistible grace.

Why?

He begins by stating that man has always resisted the grace of God....
and then goes on to explain how God's grace is irresistible for the elect.
Which begs the question: Can man refuse God's grace or not??

Calvinist doctrine is most illogical...

Here is Dr. R.C. Sproul (who is no longer with us).
He also does not like the acronym T.U.L.I.P.
(a rose by any other name.....)

The Calvinist teaching of irresistible grace teaches, simply, that the grace of God is irresistible.

This teaching is necessary due to the doctrine of Unconditional Election, already posted previously.

If God is going to choose to save some and leave the others to be eternally damned to hell,
then, of course, He must give grace to those persons and the grace MUST be received by them.
This grace will change their heart and make them WANT to be saved and make them want to love God -
because Calvinists believe that everyone hates God except those chosen (elected) by Him.

Instead of trying to explain this further - which is rather confusing to be honest....
I thought it would be interesting to listen to a very prominent Calvinist explain the doctrine of irresistible grace.

Why?

He begins by stating that man has always resisted the grace of God....
and then goes on to explain how God's grace is irresistible for the elect.
Which begs the question: Can man refuse God's grace or not??

Calvinist doctrine is most illogical...

Here is Dr. R.C. Sproul (who is no longer with us).
He also does not like the acronym T.U.L.I.P.
(a rose by any other name.....)

If God’s Grace is irresistible, then right away we must conclude that —

1. All men will be saved, because God’s Grace is irresistible.

2. God does not want some men to be saved and therefore withholds Hs irresistible grace from them on purpose, because if he didn’t, then they would be saved, BECAUSE His grace is irresistible.

Since number 1 would be Universal Salvation, it holds that number 2 must be correct… if irresistible grace is true. :confused

This is where God’s nature of love and being just must be contorted into something biblically unrecognizable.

JLB

Irresistible grace also negates sharing the gospel. There's no value in doing so because God has already decided.

Irresistible grace also eliminates the redemption that came through that final and perfect sacrifice of the Lamb of God. It wasn't necessary because God had already made the decision.

Also, God chose Israel, so they were His chosen people. Stephen said this to the Jews.

48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. (Acts 7:48-51 KJV)

Back