Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why Christians Cannot Sin

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
If they still consider their ethnicity an important factor of salvation, they have become idolaters of country over God.
They are still in the OT, OC.
It has nothing to do with salvation. It has EVERYTHING to do with obedience.

It is eternal, but it's eternity included it's passing away at the cross of the presaged Redeemer. (Co. 2:14)
Either it is eternal - meaning it will still be in effect long after final judgement, or it was temporary. It cannot be both. Since GOD said "eternal," I will go with that.

But again, it is NOT about salvation.

If they still consider their ethnicity an important factor of salvation, they have become idolaters of country over God.
They are still in the OT, OC.

And your POV wasn't?

It is eternal, but it's eternity included it's passing away at the cross of the presaged Redeemer. (Co. 2:14)
If circumcision, dietary rules, feast keeping, sabbath keeping, tithing, temple worship, days of atonement, priesthood, etc. are necessary for salvation, then the blood of Christ was not enough of a sacrifice.

Only necessary for the folks who were tricked or misguided into believing any part of the OT was still in effect.
If they accepted one part as necessary, the whole of it was necessary.
They had to elect in which Covenant they would like to live.
They couldn't live by both.
Which are you living in?
It would be of great help of you wrote correct English.

You wrote, "It is eternal, but it's eternity included it's passing away at the cross of the presaged Redeemer." "It's" is a contraction of "it is", it is not the possessive of it, i.e., belonging to it.

Your statement should read: It's eternal, but its eternity included its passing away at the cross of the presaged Redeemer.

It has nothing to do with salvation. It has EVERYTHING to do with obedience.
Doesn't salvation depend on obedience?
Is that obedience to God or to a Law?
As the presages contained in the Law have been fulfilled, why would anyone still need a priesthood or circumcision?

Either it is eternal - meaning it will still be in effect long after final judgement, or it was temporary. It cannot be both. Since GOD said "eternal," I will go with that.
Will circumcision matter in heaven?
If you want to keep celebrating feasts and doing days of atonement, feel free.
Doing so won't impact your salvation one way or the other.
If you abstain from the rituals of the past it won't hurt you.

That portion of the Law now written is our hearts is what really matters.
Circumcision and dietary rules aren't written on my heart.

It would be of great help of you wrote correct English.
You wrote, "It is eternal, but it's eternity included it's passing away at the cross of the presaged Redeemer." "It's" is a contraction of "it is", it is not the possessive of it, i.e., belonging to it.
Your statement should read: It's eternal, but its eternity included its passing away at the cross of the presaged Redeemer.
Thanks for the English lesson...ha ha.
I usually keep the "its" rules intact, so I will blame it on my late morning low blood sugar. :oops2
No other comment on the post?
Laws can exist eternally even if they are not enforced eternally.
The wicked Jim Crow laws are a testimony to that.

This context is to those who were bound under law.

But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.
Clearly there are commandments of importance for all.

You know the commandments: ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.’”

Abstain from sexually immorality.

Love God before all others.
Love others as Christ loved others.

Its a matter of choice not a commandment for righteousness sake nor to remain clean. We have been washed by the Holy Spirit of God and where/what that Spirit touches becomes Holy.

“Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.”

I myself do not back down from grace however:
One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Back