Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do feel we have to market salvation as free? What are we really appealing to in a man?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
So we can understand your doctrine, how do you say one's obedience works out their own salvation without that being the works gospel that this same Paul condemns?

I'm not questioning Paul's words. It says to work out your own salvation by being obedient. I just want you to explain what that means so we can know if you believe that salvation is a reward for being obedient, or not.

Regarding the OP... Salvation is not and never was free. There was/is a cost! Fortunately, that condition was met by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross. Everyone's sin was paid for by that sacrifice. So, that is why salvation is free -- to the recipient.

Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God— not the result of works, so that no one may boast." It is a gift from God; there is no cost to the recipient.

So we can understand your doctrine, how do you say one's obedience works out their own salvation without that being the works gospel that this same Paul condemns?

I'm not questioning Paul's words. It says to work out your own salvation by being obedient. I just want you to explain what that means so we can know if you believe that salvation is a reward for being obedient, or not.
there is no explanation i do it my way through study of the word NO 2 people are going to agree %100 of the time. ..we do what God has us to do. but how many are %100 obedient ?

What is the end regarding our part?
"According to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.
Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
2 Peter 3:13-15a, 17-18a

"According to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.
Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
2 Peter 3:13-15a, 17-18a
“Thou shalt love the Lord they God with all of they heart, soul, mind and strength.”

Back