Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do feel we have to market salvation as free? What are we really appealing to in a man?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
when it comes to securing salvation
there is security in our salvation that can not be denied. the big question is so secure can one walk away/ be lost again.

that is a 64 thousand dollar question. to be honest it will never be settled here on earth. as stated i am not osas or osnas teacher. i go by a know so salvation you should know if you are. if you dont know your not.

as per living staying in sin till death. then making heaven our home. i find no scripture that backs that up.

since i am not the judge of salvation .
i dont have the authority to say.
i have just enough oil to take care of ME and that is a full time job
That is true. And that's a good attitude to have. But the part of the Bible that tells us how we can discern the children of God from the children of the devil was written by John to the church so we would not be deceived by false teachers. Because false teachers are recognized by their behavior, not just their doctrine.

there is security in our salvation that can not be denied. the big question is so secure can one walk away/ be lost again.
The security of salvation is the sureness and efficacy of Christ's sacrifice and Priesthood. That is crystal clear in scripture. The question is whether or not a true believer will always have the sureness and security of Christ's ministry applied to his life.

The question is
its a BIG question. i have studied this out over 20 years. when i first got saved i was almost a legalist . i couldnt even say eternal life . my mom side of the family are southern baptist very much osas . in fact i have some question about some of my cousins.. they like the wild side of life. my aunt sent me pamphlets on eternal security. i read through them all of course i was gen baptist they are not osas. the eternal security teaching is pretty close. but there is some things is till question.. so i am a know so salvation teacher

so i am a know so salvation teacher
Yep, just know for sure that you're saved. That is what matters.

2 Peter 1:10
10Therefore, brothers, strive to make your calling and election sure.

What good is it to know if OSAS is true or not when you're not even saved to begin with for it to matter, right?

The problem with analogies when it comes to securing salvation is there is nothing in this life to compare salvation to where you have something if you believe, and don't have it if you don't believe.

Matthew 9:29
29“According to your faith will it be done to you.”

What in life is like this? Nothing that I know of. And so analogies don't do well here. Salvation is something you have because you believe, or don't have because you don't believe.
Well, Jesus used them all the time. He said the Kingdom of God is like …a material analogy on earth. I mean most of the parables, if not all, are analogies. You just don’t like that one although the Bible actually speaks of “neglecting” a faith same as neglecting any gift. God isn’t taking care you don’t neglect the gift given. He has his part and we have ours. He never controls us. The Demons control a man and controlling is evil. In the Kingdom of God, we always have our sovereign will. We can submit and obey or rebel. But He refuses to control us like puppets. That is the way of the evil powers.

And of course this life works with according to your faith. Very similar too. If a team believes they’ll lose, they’ll lose. Now if they believe they’ll win, doesn’t mean they will but there are many christians who believed they’d be healed and weren’t. So attitude or faith plays a huge role in outcome.

Last edited:
evidently you dont have a clue..
Again you start off with an untrue personal insult. Shows that you know your position is weak.
let me help you if its possible.
the groups who teach osas teach saved by grace through faith justified by faith. blood and grace. the only difference is the teach one can not lose salvation . they have scriptures to back it up. just like the osnas group has their scriptures ..its a one word thing called interpretation .
Well actually, they have to extract the bits of the scripture and twist it. They also have to completely ignore plain as day scripture that addresses believers falling away from the faith as a stern warning. One can interpret “the beast was like a ….” but “forgive us just like we forgive others” is clear and requires action. “Interpreting” is a way to avoid the obvious truth and is deceitful.
but as usual with both groups they are to busy screaming your wrong wrong and i have the correct doctrine.. instead of doing as paul instructed work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. a woman i grew up around her brother and i was good friends . she is full blown Pentecostal lady preacher . when i talk to her i simply talk Church i dont tell her she is wrong. it would ruin a friendship .

i know several bro and sisters in Christ that believes different than me so its obvious by your post you dont have a clue.
It’s pretty clear that I understand a great more than you on the matter and it bugs you. Probably best to leave it at that. I refuse to employ the ad hominem.

Now if they believe they’ll win, doesn’t mean they will
Exactly. That's why I say there isn't anything comparable in this life to how a person either has salvation because they believe, or doesn't have salvation because they don't believe, because this life doesn't work that way. Football teams don't win because they believe they can win. But justification/salvation is 'won' based solely on whether or not you believe. So our analogies used to illustrate being saved by believing, rather than being competent, fall woefully short.

Preservation of the Saints, which means you can’t lose your ticket to Heaven no matter how you behave. They have a different twist.
We have to be careful here. The original Calvinism doctrine does not teach you can act any way you want and you still go to heaven. Quite the opposite in fact. In the article I quoted it is "non traditional Calvinist doctrine", called "Hyper Grace" that believes that no amount of sin, or even unbelief(!) can cause you to lose salvation. The link below goes right to that part in the article.

Well, Jesus used them all the time. He said the Kingdom of God is like …
He did use many parables. And my favorite is Luke 14:31-32.

Luke 14:31-32
31Or what king on his way to war with another king will not first sit down and consider whether he can engage with ten thousand men the one coming against him with twenty thousand? 32And if he is unable, he will send a delegation while the other king is still far off, to ask for terms of peace.

33In the same way, any one of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be My disciple.

But again, there's no earthly example being used here of seizing something based on the power of your believing, and not having something because you don't believe. Because one doesn't exist. The world just doesn't operate that way. And so no analogy can illustrate that particular point. But surely the parable can inspire faith in a person to do in regard to King Jesus what the weaker king coming against the greater king must do-ask for terms of peace long before the battle ensues. Absolutely my favorite parable about making peace with Jesus in salvation! Total surrender!

Last edited:
He did use many parables. And my favorite is Luke 14:31-32.

Luke 14:31-32
31Or what king on his way to war with another king will not first sit down and consider whether he can engage with ten thousand men the one coming against him with twenty thousand? 32And if he is unable, he will send a delegation while the other king is still far off, to ask for terms of peace.

33In the same way, any one of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be My disciple.

But again, there's no earthly example being used here of seizing something based on the power of your believing, and not having something because you don't believe.
You must be joking right. Of course there is. There are thousands of examples of people who seized something because they believed they had a right to it. Probably millions. They powerfully believed it was there’s.
Because one doesn't exist. The world just doesn't operate that way.
As you can see it certainly does.
And so no analogy can illustrate that particular point. But surely the parable can inspire faith in a person to do in regard to King Jesus what the weaker king coming against the greater king must do-ask for terms of peace long before the battle ensues. Absolutely my favorite parable about making peace with Jesus in salvation! Total surrender!
That’s not even close to what it teaches.

but “forgive us just like we forgive others” is clear and requires action.
It is crystal clear. And it does require action.

What is not so clear at first blush is our action of forgiveness is not what solicits justification/salvation. That is secured entirely on the basis of our faith in the blood of Jesus. The faith that drives our forgiveness of others, all by itself, is what makes you righteous (justifies you).

So, let's talk about this. Your next argument may be, and rightly so, is that, ultimately, you still have to perform the action to be forgiven by God. Or else God is lying, right? So what happens to the person who gets justified by faith, all by itself apart from works and then does no work (the work of forgiving in this case) commensurate with that faith? Reformers say he never had real faith to begin with and so was never really justified to begin with. Non-Reformers say he loses the justification he received when he believed the gospel. His lack of obedience signifying his subsequent unbelief.

In both cases justification/salvation is freely given in exchange for the person's faith in that justification/salvation. The one thing that is definitely excused in both cases is that somehow the literal action of forgiving itself is what justifies a person (makes them righteous). For that, as we both agree, would constitute the false works gospel condemned in scripture.

Back