Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do feel we have to market salvation as free? What are we really appealing to in a man?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I see that salvation or justification has resulted in a love that costs me and I’m not afraid of that cost but see it as my chance to GIVE and not merely RECEIVE a free gift.
Not merely?
You don't walk in the obedience of love to receive anything concerning justification/salvation!

You walk in the obedience of love as an expression of the faith that you already have and which has already secured justification/salvation for you.

Not merely?
You don't walk in the obedience of love to receive anything concerning justification/salvation!

You walk in the obedience of love as an expression of the faith that you already have and which has already secured justification/salvation for you.
Is that all you can talk about, justification or salvation? That is it? Everything turns on justification and nothing else for you? Every topic has to be brought around to justification?

Is that all you can talk about, justification or salvation? That is it? Everything turns on justification and nothing else for you? Every topic has to be brought around to justification?
You obviously forgot the subject of your own thread.

Being "justified freely" is what makes salvation free. You are saved the instant you are freely justified. That's what makes salvation free. The justification you need to be saved is given freely as an act of God's grace apart from works.

You obviously forgot the subject of your own thread.

Being "justified freely" is what makes salvation free. You are saved the instant you are freely justified. That's what makes salvation free. The justification you need to be saved is given freely as an act of God's grace apart from works.
I asked why we we market it as costing nothing when Jesus said it will cost a man everything. You think it is free and costs a man nothing. Move on. Because there are those, including all of the apostles who gave their lives for the Gospel. And they did it gladly. You think it free because you focus on what you get. I repeat, a husband or wife is free but no one who lives in a warm marriage things it means it costs them nothing.

So why can't I just insert 'justification' in place of 'salvation' in the OP if it's as you say and there is no Biblical distinction betwee the two?
It is like asking the difference between being wed and a wonderful married life together. For those who enjoy that, there is no difference except in timing. For those who just like the wedding but not the commitment, there has to be a difference. Nevertheless there is a difference between and wedding and a marriage.

I asked why we we market it as costing nothing when Jesus said it will cost a man everything.
DISCIPLESHIP/OBEDIENCE will cost you everything, not getting saved. That's a gift given freely to a person when they believe in the blood of Christ for the forgiveness of sin.

Because there are those, including all of the apostles who gave their lives for the Gospel.
But not to be made righteous, but as the cost of enduring to the very end in faith, believing. The righteousness they had that qualified them for salvation was given to them as a free gift of God's grace.

Is that all you can talk about, justification or salvation?
what more is there if your saved you been justified sanctified and glorified .

all of these hinge on our salvation made possible By Jesus the finished works of the cross and of course add all these up it===== GRACE God Riches At Christ Expense. is there anything else to add to it?

what more is there if your saved you been justified sanctified and glorified .

all of these hinge on our salvation made possible By Jesus the finished works of the cross and of course add all these up it===== GRACE God Riches At Christ Expense. is there anything else to add to it?
Yes, loving God with all your heart and soul and mind and strength. Same as there is something to add to the marriage after the wedding.

No, by definition, there's a big difference. You have to be justified to be saved. Justification is an entirely free gift.

Yes, but that doesn't mean there's no difference between justification and salvation.

It's only optional and unneeded insofar as being transferred from being unrighteous before God to being righteous before God is concerned. The man in Luke 18:13-14 did nothing except ask for God's mercy to be declared righteous.

Just because this is what some people think, that doesn't mean justification and salvation aren't different terms for different things. You don't have to think you can live in unrighteousness after being saved to believe that justification and salvation are different things.

A man is justified - that is, made righteous in God's sight - entirely as a free gift of God's grace given through faith in the Son, apart from the merit of his righteous deeds. Just as that was true for our example, Abraham, who was made righteous by believing God's promise about a Son apart from the merit of his righteous deeds.

Righteous deeds follow being made righteous by God and are a direct result of being made righteous by God, and understandably so. For it is from the new nature of righteousness that we have received that we then live for God in righteousness. And so the obedience of the holy life is the sign and evidence that one is justified in Christ. And without that evidence -the evidence of saving transformation - no one will enter into the kingdom of God at the end of the age when Christ sorts the righteous from the unrighteous.
Two questions: (1) If we indeed need to be justified before salvation, who is the justifier? (2) How is one justified?

Two questions: (1) If we indeed need to be justified before salvation, who is the justifier? (2) How is one justified?
i hope i am miss reading something justification is the very act of salvation . there is no pre justification to be saved
How is one justified?
by grace by the blood and by faith

You have to be justified to be saved. Justification is an entirely free gift. glad i read this he wrote you have to be be justified TO be Saved is correct

Back