Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do you take the risk of eating murdered animals?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Hej73

Perhaps meat eaters will not be punished because they are so brainwashed.
Perhaps evil forces wanted to destroy you spiritually and decided to convince you meat is not murder.

Why are you risking everything for meat when there are so many alternatives? To me that is insane.

Perhaps evil forces wanted to destroy you spiritually and decided to convince you meat is not murder.

Why are you risking everything for meat when there are so many alternatives? To me that is insane.

• For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.

Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. Romans 14:1-6

• He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks

JLB

Welcome to the Forum.

Please share some Christian values you believe are edifying for the Community here.

How is the weather is Sweden?

Bless you.

JLB

That's about what it comes down to. If you read Romans 14:3 it says that God has received him whether he eats meat or only vegetables. If you read the former verses it says the one who doesn't eat meat should not judge the one who does, and the one who does eat meat should not look down on the one who doesn't.

Why do you think he says that the one not eating meat should not judge the one who does? Why do you think he says the one who does eat meat should not look down on the one who doesn't? Why do you think he hasn't said the one who doesn't eat meat should not look down in the one who does, and the one who does eat meat should not judge the one who doesn't? They are different things, aren't they? So it is quite important and it helps to understand the reasons for it.
The evil forces just want to destroy. Period. John 10:10). If they can only destroy the flesh of animals and not the soul, it still is not enough to satisfy them. God is a God of salvation though, and if He can save the eternal soul of His beloved children, that is His desire. Whether the humans are saved or not it will not necessarily reduce the harm they do to animals. In time, however, if staying on the path of the truth, they will be led to appreciate the point of view of those innocent victims and maybe be prepared to make some personal sacrifices of good will.
Why are you risking everything for meat
Can you explain that some more? Are you suggesting that the whole earth might be destroyed because humans are eating meat? It's not really clear to us what you had in mind when you said this because we've only met you for the first time :)
when there are so many alternatives?
The alternatives aren't very good though, for meat eaters. I'm a vegan and I don't like the taste of meat, I can't stand meat alternatives but I do like a good burger. I have found though that the meat alternatives are quite unhealthy, such as the beyond meats. Have you noticed that they leave a really strong aftertaste?
To me that is insane.
You're obviously highly developed in the awareness of veganism. I am too, but it seems that you and I are making some different assumptions about the necessary penalty upon meat eaters. There's no doubt some interesting reasons for that ;)

Since you're in Sweden and I've missed something from while I was there, would you be able to help me with a couple of things? I remember there's this frozen burger patty that comes in a blue cardboard box and there's two patties in a box and I was getting them from Hoemkop, but I don't remember the brand and I haven't looked really hard through my photos. Maybe you know the ones I am talking about. And also, if you don't mind, the vegan cheese in NZ is rubbish and I miss the cheese I was getting in Sweden. Could you remind me the name of the main brands again? I remember there was two main cheese brands and it was one of them that I have wished I could replace :)

Nice to meet you and I hope you will spend some time with us, being a positive influence!

Reactions: JLB
Where does it say that? Quote please:). I suddenly got to think about Daniel...
GB Mr Tamasi.
M
Excuse me if I seem harsh. I'm not!:)

So let's stick to the Word:

“All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be dominated by anything. “Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food”—and God will destroy both one and the other. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.
1 Corinthians 6:12‭-‬13 ESV
M aka L.

Remember Peter! What is clean? And what is not clean.. Search the word. It holds the answers!

I have talked with someone in the spiritual for about 8 years. Was recommended not to eat meat. I am writing here because i asked if i should warn people of eating meat. The answer was yes. No expert on the Bible but not everyone would agree that for example "meat" relates to flesh.

I have talked with someone in the spiritual for about 8 years. Was recommended not to eat meat. I am writing here because i asked if i should warn people of eating meat. The answer was yes. No expert on the Bible but not everyone would agree that for example "meat" relates to flesh.
I think there's a lot to gain by understanding it. After all, God did see everything He made and was pleased by it. Does it bring Him pleasure to see the death and misery of those whose design He has poured His heart into? Obviously not. So the eating of meat is not a sacrifice for God, but for one's own stomach. In fact it is God's sacrifice and that is why we give thanks. (I remember the last time I tried to give thanks for a meal of meat - I was not able to do so with good conscience).

Another aspect is the taking of innocent life to sustain the guilty, which has been the underlying philosophy of sacrificial religions ever since sin managed to capture the guilty and hold them ransom by guilt. In these days however, Christians do not use the sacrifice of animals to cover their sins, so the sacrifice is only to feed their appetites, or if they are a farmer, then it is to fill their wallet. Obviously if someone is taking the life of the innocent for financial gain, there is some debt accrued against their conscience that can only be covered by mercy. That's why we are told to not judge them for eating meat. It's already hard enough for them to break free from without also having their ego bruised by our judgment.

Can you tell me what is the name of the spiritual discipline you have referred to?

What are your thoughts on fish?

As far as im aware Jesus didnt accuse anyone for eating meat, even the fish he feed 5000 is flesh meat. Im not sure why the bible would use fish as an example of Jesus feeding if didnt want people eating flesh meat. It would have been feeding 5000 with bread and potatoe or something.

Also i dont know the story but did not God or Moses or someone say that the Levites share was the meat offering to eat?. I found this basic one example. Talking about eating meat. Even in the holy place?.

"The priest shall burn them on the altar as a food offering presented to the Lord. It is a guilt offering. Any male in a priest’s family may eat it, but it must be eaten in the sanctuary area; it is most holy".

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies.
Many will continue to higher dimensions soon. Heaven you may call it. When that happens our compassion and awareness increase very much. My spiritual contact helped me to experience that and i cried and cried and cried. You really really do not want to have innocent animals death and suffering on your conscience then. It may not be "punished" but you may hurt yourself. Do not do that to yourself!!

Think like this: How will you feel about yourself if in heaven you understand that those animals are forever gone? If there is no chance to get them back and to say i am sorry. 😔
:sob:
It may stop your spiritual progress because you may not be able to handle those emotions.

Instead spend the rest of your time here to preach compassion for animals. You will help others AND yourself. I think that is one big reason my contact is telling me to tell you since i used to hurt animals.

Again try to think risk vs reward like a poker player. Meat eating means BIG spiritual risk and very little theoretical reward. Can you at least agree with that? Hope to see you in heaven.
:clap:
💜

Think like this: How will you feel about yourself if in heaven you understand that those animals are forever gone? If there is no chance to get them back and to say i am sorry. 😔

Why are you suggesting that animals don't have a place in heaven?

Did you see those burger patties I told you about? Can you please take a photo for me when you find them in the supermarket? They were forty something krona for one box of two, but definitely the best and worth it!

Wow, this was pretty random o_o

Anyway, is eating meat a salvation issue to you?

There have been a lot of great responses here.

Not all meat alternatives are healthy, either...perhaps why some of us choose not to replace them. They offer crucial ingredients that can help your body like zinc, iodine, and iron.

They offer crucial ingredients that can help your body like zinc, iodine, and iron.
That's the sacrificial mentality again: to take the life of the innocent because it is the only way to sustain the life of the one who is perishing. There's ample ways to nourish the body without exploiting animals though, especially in this era of science and manufacturing.

Humans love power and control and arguing. People pretending they care about others when they really only care about themsleves, or they speak good words just to be seen and praised for it by others.

Meanwhile all other living things are just getting on with there natural daily lives with no interference, well only interfered with by humans of course.

Why are you suggesting that animals don't have a place in heaven?

Did you see those burger patties I told you about? Can you please take a photo for me when you find them in the supermarket? They were forty something krona for one box of two, but definitely the best and worth it!
No i meant it is a risk that the animal itself or its personality may be gone.
A cows soul may evolve spiritually and no longer be that cow. But i do not know how that works.

Back