Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why does it say that only Christ of the last days can give man the way of eternal life?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The Lord Jesus said: “But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life” (Jhn 4:14). Most people think that the Lord Jesus has already bestowed on us the way of eternal life, but I have read these words of Almighty God: “Only Christ of the Last Days Can Give Man the Way of Eternal Life.” What’s all this about? Why does it say that only Christ of the last days can give man the way of eternal life?

The Lord Jesus said: “But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life” (Jhn 4:14). Most people think that the Lord Jesus has already bestowed on us the way of eternal life, but I have read these words of Almighty God: “Only Christ of the Last Days Can Give Man the Way of Eternal Life.” What’s all this about? Why does it say that only Christ of the last days can give man the way of eternal life?

Iris,

From where did you gain the understanding that “Only Christ of the Last Days Can Give Man the Way of Eternal Life”?

Did you see this teaching from any of these websites or those with similar emphases?
What about those who claimed to be genuine Christians from the past, e.g. Martin Luther, John Wesley, C H Spurgeon and D L Moody? Is this teaching saying they could not be Christians?

Why don't you give us a link to an article that promotes this teaching and those on CFnet can discuss whether this is true to Scripture or is false teaching?

When are the last days?

I notice you're another Aussie. Welcome to CFnet. I live in Brissy.

Oz

Living water is the word of God given to Jesus as He came to seek and save the lost, John 12:49, 50. The word is active in our life that can either bring about God's blessings or His cursing, Deuteronomy 27:11-26; 28:1-19. When we come to know truth by the Holy Spirit teaching us all things God wants us to learn, John 14:26, the truth being the word of God, springs up in us as we allow the light of Christ shines through us that others will see Christ in us. The last days began with Christ being baptized by John the Baptist and continues until Christ returns for His Bride on the very last day, John 6:40.

Eternal life comes through Christ by that of God's grace to all who will believe in Him, Ephesians 2:8.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. (The light is Christ Jesus)

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Some verses on living water being the word. John 4:4-26; 7:37-39; 12:44-50; Ephesians 5:26; 1 John 5:5-8; Jeremiah 17:13; Zechariah 14:8, 9; Rev 21:6-8; Ezekiel 47:22

There are around 1526 instances of living water in the Bible.

Iris,

From where did you gain the understanding that “Only Christ of the Last Days Can Give Man the Way of Eternal Life”?

Did you see this teaching from any of these websites or those with similar emphases?
What about those who claimed to be genuine Christians from the past, e.g. Martin Luther, John Wesley, C H Spurgeon and D L Moody? Is this teaching saying they could not be Christians?

Why don't you give us a link to an article that promotes this teaching and those on CFnet can discuss whether this is true to Scripture or is false teaching?

When are the last days?

I notice you're another Aussie. Welcome to CFnet. I live in Brissy.

Oz
I'm not sure that Iris Willson is altogether human. She never replies to anyone.
But oh yeah...she has posted links to the website you have shown us.

Kinda strange for a group that claims to abstain from knowledge.

I'm not sure that Iris Willson is altogether human. She never replies to anyone.
But oh yeah...she has posted links to the website you have shown us.

Kinda strange for a group that claims to abstain from knowledge.

John,

Thanks, mate!

However the teaching of the topic is false: Why does it say that only Christ of the last days can give man the way of eternal life?

The Bible does not support such a view. I was saved when I committed my life to Christ in the past. I'm currently saved as I continue to believe in Christ for salvation. My salvation will be consummated at death when I meet Christ.

This doctrine is taught in passages such as John 3:36 (ESV),

Whoever believes [continues believing] in the Son has [continues having] eternal life; whoever does not obey [continues not obeying] the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains [continues remaining] on him.
What I have inserted in square brackets [ ] indicates the meaning of the Greek present tense. There is only eternal life for those who continue believing in the Son, Jesus, and continue to remain in him. There is no eternal life for those who continue not to obey the Son.

Oz

John,

Thanks, mate!

However the teaching of the topic is false: Why does it say that only Christ of the last days can give man the way of eternal life?

The Bible does not support such a view. I was saved when I committed my life to Christ in the past. I'm currently saved as I continue to believe in Christ for salvation. My salvation will be consummated at death when I meet Christ.

This doctrine is taught in passages such as John 3:36 (ESV),

What I have inserted in square brackets [ ] indicates the meaning of the Greek present tense. There is only eternal life for those who continue believing in the Son, Jesus, and continue to remain in him. There is no eternal life for those who continue not to obey the Son.

Oz
I am familiar with John 1:12 which has similar thoughts except it intends all three tenses at the same time.

I haven't looked at the passage you quoted but it seems to be similar in focus...and I do trust your scholarship in Greek/Early Latin that what you have said is accurate. I can't say the same for Iris.

I am familiar with John 1:12 which has similar thoughts except it intends all three tenses at the same time.

I haven't looked at the passage you quoted but it seems to be similar in focus...and I do trust your scholarship in Greek/Early Latin that what you have said is accurate. I can't say the same for Iris.

John,

I know koine Greek (NT) but not early Latin.

Oz

John,

I know koine Greek (NT) but not early Latin.

Oz
Early Latin is Greek but with a new set of rules for word creation. John's Gospel and Revelation is written in Early Latin...Latin continued to morph as did Greek until they were no longer the same.
But at the time that John wrote there wasn't much difference.

Early Latin is Greek but with a new set of rules for word creation. John's Gospel and Revelation is written in Early Latin...Latin continued to morph as did Greek until they were no longer the same.
But at the time that John wrote there wasn't much difference.

John,

From where did you obtain that information?

Oz

Try Wikipedia...

John,

I wouldn't rely on Wikipedia as an authoritative encyclopaedia. Try the article on the 'Greek language' in Encyclopaedia Britannica and it gives a very different view to Wikipedia.

Koine Greek emerged from the earlier Classical Greek used by luminaries such as Plato (Attic Greek) and Aristotle (Classical/Macedonian), Homer, Aristophanes, Thucydides and others.

Oz

John,

I wouldn't rely on Wikipedia as an authoritative encyclopaedia. Try the article on the 'Greek language' in Encyclopaedia Britannica and it gives a very different view to Wikipedia.

Koine Greek emerged from the earlier Classical Greek used by luminaries such as Plato (Attic Greek) and Aristotle (Classical/Macedonian), Homer, Aristophanes, Thucydides and others.

Oz
But we aren't speaking about Greek. We are talking about Early Latin...which was Greek with some new rules. It became a living language just like Greek but had a definitely different outcome than Greek itself did.

said:

.. . . .. . . . . . . I was saved when I committed my life to Christ in the past. I'm currently saved as I continue to believe in Christ for salvation. My salvation will be consummated at death when I meet Christ.
Oz

Make no mistake. There is only ONE DAY that determines who is Saved and who is not Saved, and that is the Day that Jesus Returns to the Earth and Raptures the Church. That DAY is when the Books are opened and if your name is found written in the Book of Life, it is ONLY on that Day that you are SAVED, when you are Taken up to be with Him forever. Hence the reason it is written. He that endures to the end shall be Saved.

You are confusing the Great White Throne Judgment with the Resurrection/Rapture. Two very different events.

The Great White Throne Judgment is ONLY for those who are going to Hell.
The Rapture is Judgment Day for the Righteous, those who are going to Heaven.

At the 7th Trumpet sounding is Judgment Day for the Saints, NOT for the wicked.

Psa 1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

When Jesus gets here on Earth to set up His Kingdom on Earth during the 7th Trumpet sounding, is when the Book of Life is opened and if your name is found in it, then you are JUDGED worthy to be accepted, worthy to be Raptured up with Jesus. This is Judgment Day for the Saints and happens prior to the 1,000 year reign of Christ on Earth.

The Great White Throne Judgement happens after the 1,000 years are fulfilled, and satan is released and he gathers up all his, to battle against the Holy City Jerusalem to try to overtake it. When he fails to do so, which he actually thinks he won't. is when Judgment Day will happen for all those. The Books will be opened AGAIN, and their name will not be found in it, then the Book of Remembrance will be opened and they will be told all those things they did which were evil in the sight of God, and they will KNOW why they chose to go to Hell and chose NOT to serve God and live in Heaven. It is this very Day, the Great White Throne Judgment that they all will be cast into Hell after their judgment is given to them and the reasons for such judgment.

Does this sound like i am confused about these things?

Make no mistake. There is only ONE DAY that determines who is Saved and who is not Saved, and that is the Day that Jesus Returns to the Earth and Raptures the Church. That DAY is when the Books are opened and if your name is found written in the Book of Life, it is ONLY on that Day that you are SAVED, when you are Taken up to be with Him forever. Hence the reason it is written. He that endures to the end shall be Saved.

DD,

Not according to John 5:24 (ESV): 'Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life'.

Oz

Yes the Day of Judgement.

He resurrects the dead in Christ and the raptures the Church.

JLB

DD,

Not according to John 5:24 (ESV): 'Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life'.

Oz

Whoever hears.... hears is to listen with the intention of doing what is heard.

And believes... which is to believe and obey...

So in that light, Jesus is saying the same thing He did, when He said....

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Matthew 7:21

If read just a few more verses we see the conclusion of this matter concerning the Day when the resurrects and raptures the Church.

“Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice “and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. John 5:28-29

In this life, we have eternal life if we are in Christ, and thereby joined to Him and one spirit with Him.

On this I believe we can all agree.

JLB

Back