Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why Does the Anticipation Of Jesus's Coming Cause Such Frustration In Those Anticipating Satan's Coming

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I have never understood how someone who faces each day secure with their Christ supplied confidence, joy, hopefulness, to overcome every pain, sorrow, trial & temptation that the day may bring by means of His constant presence & power, a presence that is just as real , finding Him in whom they live everywhere, as any anticipated presence His actual coming may bring, causes such heartburn and frustration for those who are anticipating satan's arrival ?
Why does the fact that someone who has the Lord of Hosts with them here and now, anticipates one day seeing His face before Satan's face cause such consternation for others ?

" This is the day that the Lord has made , we will rejoice and be glad in it ." ( Psalms 118:24 )

Last edited:
We do not need to anticipate the coming of Satan as he has always been in the earth being the principalities of the air who does weaken the nations (people).

As for Jesus, no one can predict the coming of Christ as no one knows the day or the hour, Matthew 24:36-39, but Jesus has already given us the signs to watch for before He returns and when those who are His own will be caught up to meet Him in the air, Matthew 24:29-31.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I kind of think…

Some groups use the 2nd coming as escapism. There’s also the in group out group thing going…we will go with Him vs Those people who will suffer etc.

Honestly? I love Jesus and I am thankful that He will return…

I don’t generally think a lot about it. Sometimes the news gets intense and I’m thinking that the stage is being set but…???

No one knows the day or hour….

We do not need to anticipate the coming of Satan as he has always been in the earth being the principalities of the air who does weaken the nations (people).
If you are on record chastising other believers for not accepting that the next end times event to take place on earth is satan's tribulation then by definition not only are anticipating it, you are formulating your negative characterizations of other Christians based upon this anticipation / belief you have for the tribulation being the next end times event .

Satan is on a short leash right now here on earth, the very separate tribulation event will be initiated by God taking the leash off for a time.

This dramatic increase in his power on earth, as opposed to his now limited power , otherwise known as the tribulation, is a separate, singular, end times event that the frustrated & disturbed have specifically recognized multiple times in their attacks on those who do not consider the tribulation to be the next event .
It is a little late for the frustrated to act as though satan's power on earth now , and his granted power increase in authority during the tribulation is all the same .
Especially considering this one time power increase granted to satan is the event that their negative characterization attacks on others are centered on .

What I have never understood is why this belief of others causes such frustration and bitterness to well up in people who literally are not connected or impacted in any way to these others ?

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I kind of think…

Some groups use the 2nd coming as escapism.
If someone is so lacking in God's peace in this world as to be desperate for "escape" how does that prompt someone else to attack them, chastise them ?
I still don't get that coming from a Christian
For me that would instead be someone in need of intersession from the faithful , helping them to face their problems in the understanding that no amount of darkness that this world contains can blot out the Light that streams from the Eternal ,
" Lo I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." ( Matthew 28:20)

If you are on record chastising other believers for not accepting that the next end times event to take place on earth is satan's tribulation then by definition not only are anticipating it, you are formulating your negative characterizations of other Christians based upon this anticipation / belief you have for the tribulation being the next end times event .

Satan is on a short leash right now here on earth, the very separate tribulation event will be initiated by God taking the leash off for a time.

This dramatic increase in his power on earth, as opposed to his now limited power , otherwise known as the tribulation, is a separate, singular, end times event that the frustrated & disturbed have specifically recognized multiple times in their attacks on those who do not consider the tribulation to be the next event .
It is a little late for the frustrated to act as though satan's power on earth now , and his granted power increase in authority during the tribulation is all the same .
Especially considering this one time power increase granted to satan is the event that their negative characterization attacks on others are centered on .

What I have never understood is why this belief of others causes such frustration and bitterness to well up in people who literally are not connected or impacted in any way to these others ?
Wow, where did you get all of this out of my simple post #2. You have added so much to my words putting things in my mouth I never said. You have frustrated your own self by speaking negative words against me.

Satan has nothing to do with the tribulations of God's great wrath being poured out in the end of days during the sounding of the seven trumpets. It's God's wrath against the ungodly and unrighteousness that is in the world that Satan has caused and his end will be cast into the lake of fire after Jesus plants His feet on the Mount of Olives for the final battle against Satan.

I have never understood how someone who faces each day secure with their Christ supplied confidence, joy, hopefulness, to overcome every pain, sorrow, trial & temptation that the day may bring by means of His constant presence & power, a presence that is just as real , finding Him in whom they live everywhere, as any anticipated presence His actual coming may bring, causes such heartburn and frustration for those who are anticipating satan's arrival ?
Why does the fact that someone who has the Lord of Hosts with them here and now, anticipates one day seeing His face before Satan's face cause such consternation for others ?

" This is the day that the Lord has made , we will rejoice and be glad in it ." ( Psalms 118:24 )
The answer is that the description you give does not match what we experience each day. It is not what the New Testament believers experienced either. Life even walking with God just isn’t like that.

Christ doesn’t automatically supply confidence, joy, hopefulness, etc.

When I read this sort of theology, I’m so glad I’m free of all of it. In my thinking the times the great tribulation (not called with caps thee Great Tribulation) are over. Satan is generally losing as more and people are becoming believers. I have great reason to hope and that hope is not based on anticipating the end of my life as I know it.

The answer is that the description you give does not match what we experience each day. It is not what the New Testament believers experienced either. Life even walking with God just isn’t like that.

Christ doesn’t automatically supply confidence, joy, hopefulness, etc.
For me He does.

Eph 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Wow, where did you get all of this out of my simple post #2. You have added so much to my words putting things in my mouth I never said. You have frustrated your own self by speaking negative words against me.

Well said. When I read the response to your post number 2, I thought to myself, "What in the world? This person is upset and is not here to spread the Love and Peace of God that is supposed to be within them."

Well said. When I read the response to your post number 2, I thought to myself, "What in the world? This person is upset and is not here to spread the Love and Peace of God that is supposed to be within them."
I take it then you have never read in these forums of pre-trib believers being characterized as "cowards" "Desirous of escaping", " liars" , " afraid to suffer" ?

Did you just join these forums this week ?

You may want to take note that no one answering this thread so far has denied that these characterizations exist here ,just that they are not they are not the ones making them.

I take it then you have never read in these forums of pre-trib believers being characterized as "cowards" "Desirous of escaping", " liars" , " afraid to suffer" ?

You may want to take note that no one answering this thread so far has denied that these characterizations exist here ,just that they are not they are not the ones making them.

Say what?

No one has ever said that those who believe in a pretrib are cowards or liars or afraid to suffer for the sake of Christ. When you say such things adding words that were never spoken by other members then you had better have proof. You are walking a fine line of violating the terms of service and if this behavior does not change you will be giving warnings that will lead up to you being banned from CF.

No one has ever said that those who believe in a pretrib are cowards or liars or afraid to suffer for the sake of Christ. When you say such things adding words that were never spoken by other members then you had better have proof. You are walking a fine line of violating the terms of service and if this behavior does not change you will be giving warnings that will lead up to you being banned from CF.

Speaking for myself, what you have written (and done) builds respect. Reading these words inspires me to live them out more than I currently do.

Thank you for the personal help! :biggrin

For me He does.

Eph 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Do other people see you as completely confident, joyful, hopeful, etc., 24/7? May we observe if all, 100%, of your posts reflect that?

It’s easy to fool yourself as to what you think your internal wherewithal is. It’s much harder to fool those who live and work with you. But I’m perfectly willing to apply that standard you claim is you 24/7 to what you write. Agreed?

No one has ever said that those who believe in a pretrib are cowards or liars or afraid to suffer for the sake of Christ. When you say such things adding words that were never spoken by other members then you had better have proof.

Walpole

FromUSAGenderMale
ChristianYes
Messages1,214JoinedSep 9, 2018Monday at 8:10 PM
So God did tell an absurd lie .
Enoch used his own ingenuity & machine to leave this place and God rewrote the story to try and take all the credit .

Genesis 5:24
And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

Good lookin out Walpole !
No, God cannot lie.

The lie is from those who state that Jesus will somehow sneak back to this world before His second coming and snatch certain people up to heaven to avoid suffering. This is the antithesis of Christianity.

Anyone who tries to convince people they can avoid suffering is a liar. For man is saved BY the cross, not from it.

============================================================================

Would you like more " proof " of these negative and disrespectful characterizations targeting pre-trib believers ?
Apparently their usage has become so common that you really don't even notice them anymore .

Do other people see you as completely confident, joyful, hopeful, etc., 24/7? May we observe if all, 100%, of your posts reflect that?
In Christ , Yes.
The great result ensues .

" Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee,
because he trusteth in thee." ( Isaiah 26:3 )

In Christ , Yes.
No, that’s not the answer. You cannot claim people see only in faith character qualities. So can we measure your writings by that standard and see if your character matches your “in faith” description of yourself?
The great result ensues .

" Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee,
because he trusteth in thee." ( Isaiah 26:3 )
Is your mind always stayed on Him? Can we measure your posts by that qualification? Can we point out where you slip? If what you say is true, it won’t happen.

No, that’s not the answer. You cannot claim people see only in faith character qualities. So can we measure your writings by that standard and see if your character matches your “in faith” description of yourself?

Is your mind always stayed on Him? Can we measure your posts by that qualification? Can we point out where you slip? If what you say is true, it won’t happen.
Yes

Back