Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

why I lean towards Calvinism...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Then ask your brother. I’m sure he’ll tell you what comforts you.
No he wouldn't .

He has said it's a heresy if it occured in the early church .he is very anti Calvinistic .

Nope but Im not insulting .

You assume what I think .like how I can simply not see your view like you .that I simply blind .no.my mind doesn't rest .I think ,over think it's called PTSD and that is what it will do .

I may get 8 hours of sleep but each dream for an hour after waking up I remember.

So please . I listen to their arguments .they don't preach Calvin.they seldom. Even talk about him .they seldom mention the five points .it's a bias.had you attended any good reformed church you would see that

No he wouldn't .

He has said it's a heresy if it occured in the early church .he is very anti Calvinistic .

Nope but Im not insulting .

You assume what I think .like how I can simply not see your view like you .that I simply blind .no.my mind doesn't rest .I think ,over think it's called PTSD and that is what it will do .

I may get 8 hours of sleep but each dream for an hour after waking up I remember.

So please . I listen to their arguments .they don't preach Calvin.they seldom. Even talk about him .they seldom mention the five points .it's a bias.had you attended any good reformed church you would see that
I understand Calvinism quite well. Let’s move on.

Different than female elders.
Nope .look
Do you really think that ordination of woman was for just teaching ?

Seriously the definition of an elder is one who is apt to teach .

A pastor is not the only who can and at times they must have back up.imnmy church all elders can be called upon to preach and teach .a female in my church won't lead a Bible study of both sexes .

Note that lady was preaching to the congregation,was she some novice ?
Nope she was given authority a position of an elder .

Nope .look
Do you really think that ordination of woman was for just teaching ?

Seriously the definition of an elder is one who is apt to teach .

A pastor is not the only who can and at times they must have back up.imnmy church all elders can be called upon to preach and teach .a female in my church won't lead a Bible study of both sexes .

Note that lady was preaching to the congregation,was she some novice ?
Nope she was given authority a position of an elder .
No, an elder has authority and teaches authoritatively, and is a part of church leadership.
a female in my church won't lead a Bible study of both sexes .
I'm very sad to hear that. But same at my church. Of course, a man can lead a Bible study of both genders...

Led classes,ran and orphanage (deacon) and also
No, an elder has authority and teaches authoritatively, and is a part of church leadership.

I'm very sad to hear that. But same at my church. Of course, a man can lead a Bible study of both genders...
I'm sure if I disrespected her the elders and pastors there would boot me or rebuke .same thing .

I'll if a man desires to be a Bishop (espiscopal,presbyter,) he must be a man of one wife .apt to teach,slow to anger ,rule his house well
In context there isn't any room for gender swapping in that .

Back