Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why is God, a person's faith & their polictics is intertwined in the US? (An outsider's question)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi Aussie Mark

Well, I'd sure like to tell you that it ain't so, but I'm afraid that your observations are generally correct. Here in the States, if you're a 'real' christian, then you'll vote Republican...is what the Republicans, many not all, seem to believe around here. Now in the Republican party if you don't bow down to and throw your full and unwavering loyalty to promote whatever lie the leadership throws out to their fellow Republicans, then you're not really a Republican. You're what is referred to as a Rino (Republican in name only).

This phenomenon seems to be most prevalent in the Republican party, In both the Democratic or Independent parties, there is a lot less importance and demand that every member cowtow to some strict allegiance policy. They can pretty much disagree with particular issues without much problem, although on very important legislation there can be some bad feelings among the respective party.

This year, both Krysten Sinema and Joe Manchin have both been voting outside the democratic party. While there have been some heated words, nobody claims that they aren't fully supportive Democratic policy makers. Although Mrs. Sinema has chosen to move to the Independent party, it's her choice and no one seems to be pushing her to leave the Democratic party. She just personally feels that the Democratic party is out of step with her political ideals and so she has moved to Independent.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Aussie Mark

Well, I'd sure like to tell you that it ain't so, but I'm afraid that your observations are generally correct. Here in the States, if you're a 'real' christian, then you'll vote Republican...is what the Republicans, many not all, seem to believe around here. Now in the Republican party if you don't bow down to and throw your full and unwavering loyalty to promote whatever lie the leadership throws out to their fellow Republicans, then you're not really a Republican. You're what is referred to as a Rino (Republican in name only).

This phenomenon seems to be most prevalent in the Republican party, In both the Democratic or Independent parties, there is a lot less importance and demand that every member cowtow to some strict allegiance policy. They can pretty much disagree with particular issues without much problem, although on very important legislation there can be some bad feelings among the respective party.

This year, both Krysten Sinema and Joe Manchin have both been voting outside the democratic party. While there have been some heated words, nobody claims that they aren't fully supportive Democratic policy makers. Although Mrs. Sinema has chosen to move to the Independent party, it's her choice and no one seems to be pushing her to leave the Democratic party. She just personally feels that the Democratic party is out of step with her political ideals and so she has moved to Independent.

God bless,
Ted
Ted

Thank you for your calm and erudite response.

It is good to get an "insider's" response that can assess one's own political system & culture critically.

While we have some Christian parties in our politcal system, they are very small fringe parties so we don't see the same Faith/Polictal link that seems so prevalent in the US. What some Christians here can't understand is how s many US Christians seem to vote for someone who seems so morally bankrupt. (not suggesting Biden is a saint here btw)

Ted

Thank you for your calm and erudite response.

It is good to get an "insider's" response that can assess one's own political system & culture critically.

While we have some Christian parties in our politcal system, they are very small fringe parties so we don't see the same Faith/Polictal link that seems so prevalent in the US. What some Christians here can't understand is how s many US Christians seem to vote for someone who seems so morally bankrupt. (not suggesting Biden is a saint here btw)
Hi Aussie Mark

Yes, I'm just as flummoxed as you, but I recall God's word that a day is coming when a great deception will come over the people. When I see how some just seem to have made this guy Trump some demagogue,... as you say, a liar and a cheat and conniver, as their leader, I shake my head in shame. Yes, I an see how easily this deception that God speaks of is going to be received.

God bless,
Ted

I didn't vote for Trump ,but I guess Christians should go woke,look the army has made it a criminal offense if you misgegender .

Define woman miamited

My own job has ,in trump vile ,has said they must comply with federal law and yup better gender it right .

Trump grifts the IRS,surely the Democrats and the Rino's read that 41000 page bill in days and debated that 1.7 trillion dollars.
But that's not robbery or theft as well a good politician will look out for his constituents.

I could apply that argument with our giving money to the Ukraine for national security,yeah we won the war mean while many now starve from lack of food due to costs and the elderly who did save now are on the streets due to inability to pay local ad valorem or condemned housing or code violations from lack of running utilities.my county can take your home if you fail to pay your water and sewer bill .

That's another thread on that and I know why .it's mostly affecting renters who leave and the landlord doesn't pay .but I bet the elderly and other also will fall behind .local county is several million in collections .

Eh, it's mostly due to Repupublican leaders taking donations from the Evangelical base [their largest chunk]. It's market8ng for the party. Most Democrats in the US are Christian but don't see intertwining state woth the church.

Republicans tend to think the Government should use Christianity as a central pillar of governance. Democrats value to separation of Church and State.

The comment about protecting Chilldren, family, and Marriage is a vague statement to hide that Christian Nationalists and very politically active Evangelicals want to erase and remove rights from LGBT people, non Christians, and in a few cases Non whites.
The last one is more nuanced however.

Back