Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why Power Was Restricted From Heaven

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
Screenshot_20220606-094442.png
An Emoji Devotional for Mon 6th of June 2022

Topic: Why Power Was Restricted From Heaven

Highlight:

And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.
Luke 12:19‭-‬21 KJV

Who can stand against the Lord? No one; He knows the intent of your unseen agenda.
Please forgive us Lord Jesus our hidden intentions that will jeopardize our relationship with you. Apostle James said in James 4:14 that we are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. In Luke 6:24 Our Lord Jesus told us "But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation."
Luke 6:24 KJV

When power is given to people, they seems to forget the importance of God in their lives. Some become less interested in prayer while some others may begin to indulge themselves in sin with false belief that those things are given by God to enjoy. The worst of it are those who forgot God in their lives and begin to make plans without involving God in it.

Show me that man who after being so great and famous would seek God's first in all they do and I will say such men are few. So many times as a Christian who want to beat deadlines in their business delivery, failed to praise God, and forsook prayers and Sometimes say "God understands, He is the one who gave the business in the first place". Some people place their source of money above God. This was why God restricted the power given so that men may return to their maker.

We found it in so many places in the old testaments where the Children of Israel forsook their God and follow idols of foreign lands and adultery which God forbid them because of the prosperity they enjoyed with other nations. Solomon in all His glory did the same thing.

Dear reader as you are reading this today, be ready to firmly hold on to God. In short, Keep your mind with God in all you do. If you have been experiencing challenges, look into these areas and return to God. Promise you will never neglect His importance in your life and you will put HIM first. This are some major reasons why power was restricted from Heaven above. If Read Deuteronomy 28:1-17, you will understand that God already laid down blessings and curse for those who forsake God's ways.

Our Highlight story was about a rich man who became rich and begin to wish His merriment without God in it, He never lived to enjoy those wealth. This is a typical human behavior who once they have financial bounty would automatically off God from their mind and begin to depend on their riches. Be ready to change your mind for the hidden intentions unknown to you but known to God that could jeopardize your relationship with God in a twinkling of an eye when you live in bounty as you will need to renounce the mind that out God off to depend on money. Remember that for this reason, Job was tested.

Prayer: Lord I beckon unto you with the hope I have in you through Jesus Christ that you deal with me in your Mercy and Kindness by showing me compassion for things that are beyond my control. Show me, anything that could jeopardize our relationship and give me the grace to understand and follow the right path. Forgive me all my past neglect of you and return to me in your beauty, glory and majesty today. In Jesus name. Amen.

Return to your rest, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. [Matt. 11:29.] For You have delivered my life from death, my eyes from tears, and my feet from stumbling and falling.
Psalm 116:7‭-‬8 AMPC

Back