Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why The Experts Disagree.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
There is quite a time period between the two events but they are often cross-referenced.

I believe Paul is talking about himself in this way to deflect criticism of boasting.

He is not sure whether he was caught up physically or in the Spirit, but John has no doubt that he was in the Spirit.

Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,

Rev 4:1-2 After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, "Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this." (2) Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.
Thanks for the comment.

1 Corinthians 9:8 kjv
8. Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also?

Comparing the law and spirit seem to be a tough road for many.
Looking at parables is right there with law and spirit.
Spirit revelation and law revelation have parallels in my redneck mind.
Seed equals word of God
Ground equals mens hearts

Caught up to heaven equals Romans 1:20
One is hidden the other is revealed. Same thing (IMHO), but I can see the trouble telling the difference in the body and out of the body. Now (time and position) we are in the body looking at symbols of creation and comparing it with heaven (the law /creation and the kingdom / heaven). I think those statements are called Schizophrenia by some. I am the one trying to explain something outside the box most people may call foundational truth. When an ox is compared to a teaching elder some say what has that to do with anything?

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Revelation 5:1 kjv
1. And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

Jesus on the throne of our heart, broke the seals:
Of sickness
Individual death
Demonic oppression
Blindness
Pharisee type thoughts
etc.

Parables addressed those areas, but were hidden. The disciples had to ask for understanding.

Seeing they might not see.
Hearing they might not hear.
Isaiah 6

2 Corinthians 3:15 kjv
15. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

But today, some do hear.
Revelation does come at the correct time. Before the time it remains sealed.

eddif

1 Timothy 6:20 kjv
20. O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Now a little different slant
American standard version
20. O Timothy, guard that which is committed unto thee , turning away from the profane babblings and oppositions of the knowledge which is falsely so called;

Judgement of what is called science / knowledge needs a spiritual gift to make the correct answer.

Just because we read something that is well received, does not mean it is a Bible truth. We need to select our truth very carefully.

eddif

We are made in the image of God. What we see in Heaven, is what we should see in human anatomy. Not on the same level, but like a parable.
The seed is the word of God
The Ground is men’s hearts

We are made of dust.

eddif

I have come to see the Seven Sealed Scroll as a Divine Deed of Destiny. The spiritual conceptualisation is of a legal document that exists to establish the evidence and authority from which various Divine Rights and Judgments proceed. We only become aware of this Seven Sealed Scroll because John is given a vision of it so that we can know what is in it.
Exeter. Thanks for sharing your understanding of the Sealed Book. No offense taken, this chat room is about sharing our thoughts and beliefs after all. In this post I will share with you what I and others believe this sealed book is all about. I will post a portion of a commentary, by L. Wilson, taken from Jesus Final Victory, pgs. 135,136.

{Rev. 5:1} And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

While I was studying the four living creatures, there was a transition in the temple. The thrones of the twenty-four elders were rearranged for a special convocation.(Dan. 7:9) A trumpet blast sounded and a hush fell over the vast assembly. One of the seven angels who stand before God spoke in a loud voice. He called a meeting to order. Billions of angels stood reverently as the Ancient of Days took His seat. The host was seated and the meeting began.(Dan.7:10) I was nearly blinded by the dazzling presence of the Father. I could barely see His right hand extending out of incredible glory. In his hand was a book sealed with seven seals.

The book sealed with seven seals is also called “The Lamb’s Book of Life.”(Rev.13:8; 21:27(Note; After the Lamb receives the book from the Father, John calls the book the Lambs’s Book of Life.) The Father wrote this book before the creation of the universe, even before the angels were created. The book is sealed with seven seals because the Father does not want anyone to see what He has written until the appropriate time arrives. The Book of Life has been securely stored ever since it was written. Everyone in Heaven knows about the existence of this book, but no one knows the details that are written in it.

The Book of Life contains a complete history of life. Everyone (angels and human beings) involved in the drama of sin is included – past, present, and future. Using His perfect foreknowledge, the Father wrote the book and sealed it for at least two reasons applicable to this study.

First, at the appointed time, the contents of this book will be revealed to everyone who has ever lived. The Father wants to prove to the universe that even though He has perfect foreknowledge, He loves everyone without reservation. He will not use His foreknowledge to manipulate His subjects or protect Himself from sin and rebellion. In other words, the Father will prove that even though He foreknew the enormous cost of sin, even though He foreknew that Lucifer would become His greatest adversary and cause great harm in His house, He created and loved him anyway. The Father also used this same foreknowledge and love on Adam and Eve and their descendants.

The Father does not deal with His children on the basis of His foreknowledge. Instead, He deals with us on the basis of His love. Even though He knows every future decision that every being will make, He allows each being to exercise his power of choice. He will not force anyone into performing any action for personal advantage. The Father sealed up the book because, at the appointed time, He wants the universe to see that His fore- knowledge does not affect or alter His love for His subjects. He respects the free will of His children to the point that He would rather die than violate our will.

The Father had a second reason for writing The Book of Life. At the appointed time, He will prove to the universe that one of Heaven’s most intriguing laws is righteous and it is thoughtfully based on infinite love and wisdom.

The Bible indicates that Bible writers knew about the existence of the book which the Father had written,(Ex. 32:32; Ps.139:16-19; Lk.10:20) but again, only the Father knows the details written in it. The Son and the Holy Spirit do not know what is in the book.(Matt. 24:36 (NIV) The Godhead planned it this way because if the Son and the Holy Spirit knew what was written in The Book of Life, the Godhead could be accused of conspiracy once the book is opened. To keep the charge of conspiracy from having any validity, special angels have recorded the history of sin’s drama in real time, that is, as life transpires. Recording angels chronicle every thought, word, and action. Their record books are used to judge mankind (Dan. 7:9,10) because the contents of The Book of Life are not exposed until sin’s drama is completed. At the end of the 1,000 years, the seventh seal will be broken and everyone will see that the Books of Record (made by angels) are identical with The Book of Life.

Because the Books of Record were recorded in real time and a record of each person’s choices is faithfully recorded, there can be no charge that the Godhead conspired to save some people and destroy others. Actually, just the opposite will prove true. The Books of Record will prove that each child of God freely made his or her choices. The record will clearly prove that He loved everyone the same regardless of their choices and their eternal destiny!

In this post Exeter, I will share what God the Father wishes to accomplish by having Jesus open the seven seals. In a later post if your interested I'll share what each seal is and their timing. In the next post I'll share the timing of the court room scene in Rev. 4&5.

(Note: same commentary, pgs. 137, 138)
(Rev. 5:3) And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.

{3} Curiosity settled like a cloud over the vast assembly. Everyone was focused on the book sealed with seven seals. The angels knew this was an unusual meeting and certainly not a routine question or offer. As I watched the process, no one in Heaven, on Earth or even under the Earth (that is, among the dead), was found worthy to open The Book of Life and look inside it.

The question of worthiness is paramount to breaking the seals because each broken seal launches a new campaign on Earth. When He wrote the book, the Father predetermined that seven campaigns would be necessary to explain who Jesus really is and all that He represents. This exposure is necessary because Jesus, the Creator, so closely identifies with His creation that no one can tell who He really is unless there is a revelation. The Father wants the universe to know that Jesus, in substance, is His equal. The Father wants everyone to know that man’s redeemer is a co-eternal, Almighty member of the Godhead just like Himself. Even though they are distinct and separate beings, they are like twins, having no difference in substance, powers, or prerogatives. The seven campaigns will be completed when the seventh seal is broken at the end of the 1,000 years. Then, the revelation of Jesus Christ will be completed at the end of sin’s drama. Everyone will then know His full identity. After everyone knows who He is, Jesus will do an amazing thing:

“Then the end will come, when he [Jesus] hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. For he[Christ] must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For he[The father] ‘has put everything under his feet[Christ].' Now when it says that ‘everything’ has been put under him[Christ], it is clear that this does not include God[The Father] himself, who put everything under Christ. When he[Christ] has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him[The Father] who put everything under him[Christ], so that God may be all in all.”( 1 Cor. 15:24-28)

When The Book of Life is opened and the information inside is exposed, the Father will be exonerated. Lucifer’s lies and sophisticated logic will be proven false and no argument can be made against God’s love for His creation. John did not know at the beginning of this vision what the seven seals represented, but he evidently understood that the contents of the book had to do with freeing the Father from a cloud of doubts and suspi- cions. This is why he wept when no one was found worthy to break the seven seals. What is more grievous and heartbreaking than to see someone you love falsely accused?

God has given His children reasoning powers and the Father is looking forward to a day when everyone in His universe will understand the foundations and operation of His government. When the contents of His book are revealed, everyone in the universe will know that God is love. The Father does not require submission because He is Almighty God. Instead, the Father wants everyone to understand that He is the “servant leader”
of the universe. He has every divine power necessary to provide for the welfare of His children and there is no better way through the corridors of eternity than trusting in His infinite wisdom. The Father wants His children to know that He does not use divine power to manipulate His children, instead He uses His divine power to ensure that the laws of love will be forever exalted and enforced. God is called a God of love because His actions are always consistent with love. God is called Almighty God because He insures that nothing will overrule
the two laws of love that govern the universe (love God first and your neighbor as yourself). His actions are in perfect harmony with the laws of love because He never steps outside the laws of love!

The Father is a cheerful giver and He loves a cheerful giver.(2 Cor. 9:7) He will accept nothing less than a cheerful decision to trust Him, love Him, and obey Him. Even though He is Almighty God and has incredible powers, He will prove at the appointed time that He has not and will not ever use these powers to control the choices of His children.

The book sealed with seven seals is also called “The Lamb’s Book of Life.”(Rev.13:8; 21:27(Note; After the Lamb receives the book from the Father, John calls the book the Lambs’s Book of Life.)
No. The Seven Sealed Scroll is not the Lamb's Book of Life.

Ask yourself what is disclosed when the Seven Seals are opened.

Then consider what the Lamb's Book of Life contains.

They are not the same, never have been, never will be. To think so is to indulge in falsehood & fantasy

Hi again, Goldwing.

I'm not asking for agreement from you or anyone so I hope my thinking doesn't upset those who have a different view of John's vision.

I don't believe anyone can attach a specific date to the courtroom scene, or the opening of the seals.

I have come to see the Seven Sealed Scroll as a Divine Deed of Destiny. The spiritual conceptualisation is of a legal document that exists to establish the evidence and authority from which various Divine Rights and Judgments proceed. We only become aware of this Seven Sealed Scroll because John is given a vision of it so that we can know what is in it.

It is God's Will that all the things in Revelation be disclosed to His People, which is why John was given the vision and instructed to write it down, no mean feat for him to do, but he is obviously aided by the Holy Spirit.

Just as Genesis speaks of beginnings, so Revelation speaks of endings, and both of them make it abundantly clear that from beginning to ending God deals righteously, justly, and mysteriously with His Creation.

Just as no-one can determine when in Eternity God spoke the Universe into being, I don't believe anyone with a worldly timeline can exactly pinpoint when the contents of the Scrolls manifest, but rather we can observe similarities to world events and predict that they will accummulate and come to a climax, ultimately as disclosed in the Book of Revelation.
I think I will cast my vote on the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The actions of God on earth, more or less the way you and for_his_glory are approaching what has been done and what will be done on earth (Gods plan over time). Who gets the praise? God. Do I understand it all? No.

If there is a difference in what I see. It may be when the last times start. May be. Also I may see the parallels ( different levels of agreement even as far back as creation / Genesis). Maybe. We all have to examine what is being said. Walk in one mind is easy said, but requires the power of God.

I am searching the scriptures.

Thanks

eddif

They are not the same, never have been, never will be. To think so is to indulge in falsehood & fantasy
See if I agree.

There are books:
Physical forces of life that are dealt with.
Eternal promises of eternal life in Christ Jesus.
Records of human actions
Book of the law
Others

eddif

There is quite a time period between the two events but they are often cross-referenced.
Ok it took me a bit of time but it finally clicked. Historical and Systematic theology questions something not discussed by early authors. Just try not exclude me because I am one of those ( whoever those are). Actually I seem to be biased against comments of authors after the Bible authors. In a sense I am biased against my own comments. So you and I watch what eddif posts.

Context? Not a big issue for me at all. I look for concepts that transcend time and context. Sorry about that. The parables have a hidden message / truth that can be revealed. Since Gods concept of time is a day is like a thousand years (and the reverse), I am living A few weeks after what happened at Pentecost.
Jesus talked about seeds from creation, and explained it in his time.

I want us to be involved together in the one new man. A man taken from Jew and gentile (who were miles apart) and made one new man.

Enough for now.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Exeter, In this post I will endeavor to explain the timing of (Rev. 4&5)

(Part 1 of 3)
First: it is important to understand that the prophecies in Dan., and Rev., are unlike other types of prophecies, in that they are unconditional. Meaning God the Father has predetermined all of the events recorded within the seventeen prophecies found in these two books, to take place at their appointed time, in order to bring sins drama to an end. The timing of no event his hinged on mans cooperation. God will finish the work. This in it’s self is great news.

Second: Each of the seventeen prophecies has a beginning point in time, and a ending point in time, and the chronology of each event within each prophecy will come to pass in the exact order given. To change the order of events within each prophecy distorts the plans which God has revealed to us, so we can be informed, and not confused, and lost in the end.

Too, and this is amazing, one must understand that when each event comes to pass it then becomes, time stamped. Example: say you draw a time line of your life. On it your mark your birth, then your first day of school, latter your graduation from HS, and latter college. In doing this you probably assigned a date to each event, right?

The same thing applies to all the events found within apocalyptic prophecy, at some point they have, or will take place, and it will become time stamped. God is revealing to those who can grasp this, how we are progressing in time toward His second return. God wants to be transparent, but we christians seem to think He is beyond our ability to understand so we close our minds to understanding His plans as He has revealed them within these prophecies. Of course this makes the devil very happy, and leaves people wide open for His deceptions.

Ok, how to determine the timing of Rev., 4 and 5. First, we find no mention of timing within the prophecy of Rev. 4. The starting point is determined by linking Dan.,7:8-28, with Revelation 4 and 5. Dan., was zoomed forward to see the Father, the Ancient of Days, convene a special meeting in 1798. John was also zoomed forward to 1798 to observe the same meeting, but from a different perspective. Both saw the exaltation of Jesus.

Keep in mind now what I said earlier, about the fact that when each event comes to fulfillment, in it’s chronological order, it gets time stamped. In Rev. 7:8 Daniel is shown a future event and it will go down like this: Out of the fourth kingdom, (Rome) Ten horns (kingdoms), will arise. Then he notices another little horn rise up. This horn uproots three of the ten, and becomes the eighth horn.

In vs. 9, He is shown the following event, the courtroom scene in heaven where the Ancient of Days/ The Father convenes over a court proceeding in which books were opened. Daniel then describes more details that reveal that Jesus approaches the Father accompanied with the clouds of Heaven[by thousands of angles]. Notice that in this future event Jesus will receive something that He does not yet posscess, at that time, authority, glory and sovereign power [all power]. In Rev. 4:11, Johns sees Jesus receiving the same things, glory, honor, and power. Since Jesus received glory, honor, and sovereign power once, their is no need for Him to receive it the second time. Therefore, when we consider all the details presented by both Daniel and John of this heavenly courtroom event, we can reasonably conclude they both were zoomed forward in time to witness the same event, which is the exaltation of Jesus.

To understand the dating of the exaltation of Jesus event ,we must understand the dating of historical events which record the fourth beast the ten horns and the little horn. I will get lazy here as I often do in my post and quote from my trusted source. Larry Wilson’s commentary and Dan., and Rev.

(Part 2 of 3)
(Dan. 7:21-22) I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

{21} During my vision, I saw the eighth horn making war against the saints for a long period of time and it kept on defeating them {22} until the Ancient of Days took His seat and issued a restraining order. After He issued the restraining order, the eighth horn lost its ability to hurt the saints of God. Over time, it became clear that the restraining order was temporary. The eighth horn regained its power and resumed its persecution of God’s saints. As it regains power, it will continue to speak boastfully and insult God’s sovereign authority again. I learned that the eighth horn will not cease its opposition against God, His truth, and His saints until fire destroys it at the Second Coming. There will be no rest for God’s saints until false religion is destroyed and Jesus establishes His kingdom. Then, and only then, will the meek have peace on Earth.

(Dan. 7:23) Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it on pieces.

{23} The angel told me that the monster beast will be the fourth empire to appear on Earth. This kingdom will be called Rome. Rome’s governance will be different from the previous kingdoms of Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Grecia. Rome will hire mercenary soldiers and even though it will not have a monarch, its ruler will exercise power over life and death. Rome will become renowned for its use of iron weapons and this kingdom will control a larger territory than any empire before it. God will give Rome the power to devour its enemies, crushing any tribe or nation that defies its authority. When the Roman Empire fills up its cup of sin, God will remove Rome’s power – even as empires before it were removed from power.

(Dan. 7:24) And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

{24} The angel continued, “The ten horns on the monster beast represent ten ethnic kings who will rise up from within the Roman Empire. These kings will hate the ruling government at Rome. Over time, these kings will break the Roman Empire apart, piece by piece, and they will terminate Rome’s authority by A.D. 476. These tribal nations will be called: Goths, Ostrogoths, Vandals, Burgundians, Franks, Lombards, Alameni, Suevi, Anglo-Saxons, and Heruli. After Rome’s power is broken into fragments, a different type of king, represented by the little horn, will rise. Unlike the tribal kings represented by the ten horns, the eighth horn will be a religious king whose throne will endure for more than twelve centuries.

“Shortly after the sixth century A.D. begins, Emperor Justinian will endeavor to reunify the old Roman Empire by creating the Holy Roman Empire. To purify and unify the empire, Justinian will give special authority to the pope in A.D. 533. This authority will give the pope (and his appointed prelates) power to determine who is an orthodox Christian and who is a heretic, but three of the original ten kings will hate the church because of religious differences. The Heruli, Ostrogoths, and Vandals will show no respect for Justinian or church authorities in Rome. These tribal nations will be uprooted by A.D. 538 and the pope will begin to exercise civil authority in A.D. 538. This process explains how the eighth horn will dominate the other seven for 1,260 years. (See Addition- al Note at the end of this chapter.)

(Dan. 7:25) And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws:

{25} “The eighth horn rising out of the fourth beast represents the Roman Catholic Church. Its leaders will falsely think that they can usurp God’s sovereign authority. The church will insult the Most High God by creating and imposing false doctrines on its subjects. The special authority Justinian granted to the church will establish a church/state precedent which the church will use to persecute those who refuse to obey its doctrines. Wielding absolute authority over Christians in Europe, the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church will think that it has the authority to change the day of worship which the Most High God has plainly declared to be the seventh day of the week.(EX. 20:8-11) The Catholic Church will also decide to eliminate the second commandment from the Ten Commandments. By dividing the tenth commandment into two parts, the Catholic Catechism will give the illusion that it contains ten commandments.(Compare the current second Edition English Translation of the Catechism of the Catholic Church with Exodus 20:3-17) The Ancient of Days will permit the Roman Catholic Church to persecute His saints for a time, times, and half a time – 1,260 years (according to Rule Four). Be assured that God will look after His saints while they are in the wilderness. He has prepared a place for them.

You may wonder why God allows the eighth horn to have power over the saints for 1,260 years. Strange as this may sound, persecution keeps the faithful – faith-full. Persecution separates nominal Christians from thoughtful and prayerful Christians. Persecution makes the Word of God come “alive” and for the honest in heart, truth becomes more important than the traditions of men. Persecution purifies the heart and soul and the Comforter brings great peace to the faithful.

(Part 3of 3)
(Dan. 7:26 ) But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

{26} “The 1,260 years will end when the court is seated and the power of the Roman Catholic Church is temporarily terminated.

(Note: If you can comprehend the following paragraph- it will be a revelation that will simply fill you with joy and understanding.)

Naturally, human beings cannot see what is taking place in Heaven, so God has linked events in Heaven with events on Earth. I like to call this linkage the “Heaven-Earth Link-age Law.” When prophetic events transpire on Earth, “linked events” occur in Heaven. For example, when the 1,260 years allotted to the eighth horn [The Papacy] comes to an end, the courtroom scene described in verses 9 and 10 will occur in Heaven. We know this because the Father will issue a restraining order against the eighth horn. As a result, the power of the Roman Catholic Church will abruptly end. The church will lose control over the nations of Europe. The pope will be captured and exiled to France in February 1798. This event on Earth is linked to the restraining order the Father issued in Heaven. This occurrence is how we know the courtroom event in both Daniel 9, and Rev. 4, took place in 1798.

The little horn will later recover from the deadly wound it received in 1798.(Rev. 13:3) A treaty (actually the Lateran Pacts of 1929) will be ratified in June 1929 and Vatican City will be returned to the papacy. Over time, the Roman Catholic Church will regain world respect and recognition. By the twenty first century, the church will have diplomatic ties with more than 178 nations. This international prominence will play an important role during the Great Tribulation. During the devastating judgments described as the first four trumpets of Revelation 8, the religions of the world will come together in an effort to appease God so that His wrath will cease. World leaders will select the pope to be the leader of a new government. Because the world will be in an extreme crisis, Babylon (the new government) will achieve world control without firing a single bullet. Babylon will create laws mandating moral behavior and the worship of God. Some of Babylon’s laws will be contrary to the Ten Commandments, specifically, the fourth commandment. Babylon, under the leadership of the pope, will persecute those who refuse to obey its laws for forty-two months. (Rev. 13:4,5, Literal time) Even though the saints will be persecuted and millions will die as martyrs for their faith,(Rev. 6:9) Babylon will come to a horrible end. Jesus will annihilate His enemies at the Second Coming.

{27} “Ultimately, the powers of darkness will prevail until the end, but do not be discouraged. Jesus will destroy them and create a new Heaven and a new Earth. Then, the world will be handed over to the saints. God’s children will love, worship, and willingly obey their King forever.”

Again, we know that the courtroom scene in Heaven occurred in 1798 because there is a “linked” event on Earth. The power of the papacy was broken that year.

Exeter, John was not shown in vision as receiving any other book, other than the book sealed with seven seals. Thereafter Rev. 5, John refers to it as, "The Lambs book of Life" as it then becomes the posssession of the Lamb. In either case it still is the book of Life, which the Father wrote before any life came to be.

You ask, what is disclosed when the seven seals are opened. I will share that info in a latter post. but the contents of the book of life will not be revealed or know, until the seventh seal is opened at the end of the Great White Thrown judgement at the end of the 1,000. yrs.

The contents within the book of life, and the events/campaigns that are carried out when each seal is opened is designed for transparency to vindicate the Love and justice of the trinity to all of God's creation against the lying accusations put forth by Satan, the father of lies and all who chose to follow him.

So, please share what you think.....say the first two seals had to do with? I'll share my views too.

I believe it is my spiritual gift to understand them.
Be very careful with statements like these. You are placing your opinion above that of anyone who you think does not have this gift. Why do you believe that you have this particular gift?
The four laws Mr. Wilson has discovered by God's grace, and His timing are a matter of proven fact and not his opinion
Be wary when a Christian "discovers" something that is taught nowhere else in church history.

For example, John Calvin "discovered" that the descent of Christ to the dead was actually a metaphor for his substitutionary atonement - even though nobody before him had ever thought that, and the universal consensus was that it was a literal descent.

Specifically, I take issue with rule 2 at least:
A fulfillment of apocalyptic prophecy occurs when all of the specifications within that prophecy are me This includes the order of events outlined in the prophecy.
He excludes the possibility that parts of apocalyptic prophecy can be fulfilled at one time, and the rest at another. Furthermore,
God measures apocalyptic time in two ways: (a) a day for a year, and (b) as literal time. The presence or absence of the Jubilee calendar (1437 B.C. – 1994) determines how prophetic timing is determined.
(b) is obviously sometimes true. However, it is peculiar for him to make up a rule saying that any time a day has a metaphorical meaning, it must refer to a year, and that it could have no other metaphorical meaning. By the way, the "day of the Lord" refers to an unspecified time period, and sometimes even the church age (Christ's death up to Christ's return), not just either to a literal day or a literal year.

2 kings 6:5 kjv
5. But as one was felling a beam, the axe head fell into the water: and he cried, and said, Alas, master! for it was borrowed.
6. And the man of God said, Where fell it? And he shewed him the place. And he cut down a stick, and cast it in thither; and the iron did swim.

This passage violates the laws of gravity and bouyancy.
It does not violate the compassion laws toward humanity.
The miracles of Jesus are more toward love, compassion, understanding than science. Calling forth Lazarus from the dead after decay. After decay violates science.

The God that created time can turn back time.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
eddif you are correct in each case, however, in each case God preformed a miracle. And Miracles operate outside of God's natural laws, which is why they identified as miracles.

Be wary when a Christian "discovers" something that is taught nowhere else in church history.
Yes we need to be careful about hearing something new. However, one can be so cautious, that they never open there minds to consider anything lest they be mislead. Therefore, they remain in darkness as God reveals progessive truth at His appointed times.

Yes we need to be careful about hearing something new. However, one can be so cautious, that they never open there minds to consider anything lest they be mislead. Therefore, they remain in darkness as God reveals progessive truth at His appointed times.
1 Corinthians 14:26 kjv
26. How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
27. If any man speak in an unknowntongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
28. But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
29. Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
30. If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
31. For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
32. And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
33. For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

I suppose one of those times would be at our assembly times. Maybe like here. Sounds like the experts may include the prophets and others that contributes. Each one is adding to the presentation, and not adding confusion.

Self control is practiced.

eddif

Last edited:
1Corinthians 1:26 kjv
26. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27. But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28. And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29. That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Back