Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Windows 11

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Vince

"Phishing" involves attacking the weakest part of your security system: you. Phishing attacks often send official-looking forms and statements requiring you to sign in when you didn't have to sign in before. And one tech site warns that as new users get Windows 11, they might be tricked into giving away their passwords, because you really do have to sign into many familiar sites when you get a new operating system.

Sounds like there's more to it than that.

I think it matters! I can't conceive of a world in which that happens .. how can it be?

Well that's good, because I don't attend church either.
I watch The Lakewood church on 'TV
If I lived in Houston, I'd attend church
Of the hundreds of churches nearby me, I don't know of one of them I'd want to attend

And here I thought Windows 10 would be the last iteration of Microsoft Windows.
I wonder why the new number?
Valid problem, Crossnote. Many people including me, believe that Windows 10X was a massive upgrade to Windows 10, that would only work on new, powerful computers. MS announced that they were abandoning 10X, and a few weeks later, out of the clear blue sky, announced that they would be releasing Windows 11 in a few months.

In my opinion, which could be wrong, Windows 11 is simply a massive upgrade to Windows 10 that will only work on new, powerful computers.

In another low-key statement, Microsoft has reported that the Windows 11 Start Menu will include an icon advertising movies for sale in the Microsoft Store. It appears that you will be able to delete the icon. There will be a Microsoft Store icon, however, that you cannot delete.

In another low-key statement, Microsoft has reported that the Windows 11 Start Menu will include an icon advertising movies for sale in the Microsoft Store. It appears that you will be able to delete the icon. There will be a Microsoft Store icon, however, that you cannot delete.
thanks for this info

This isn't new, but MS has explained that once you install Windows 11, you have ten days to change your mind, and there will be no problems going back to 10, with all your files intact.

After 10 days you can still go back, but you will have to do a clean install of 10.

Here's an exact quote from a Microsoft mailing sent out yesterday:

Most Windows 10 PCs currently being sold will be able to upgrade to Windows 11. For the PC to be able to upgrade to Windows 11, it must meet the minimum hardware specifications and specific hardware is required for some features. Specific timing will vary by device.

In other words, budget PCs, and older PCs that have not been sold yet might not be able to run Windows 11.

Hey.. lets see I installed Windows 11 on my Surface pro 3. On my other system left windows 10. Then installed Windows 11 fresh on another and everything works great. So far there is nothing in the start menu that I can't get rid of..just unpin it. I like the icons in the middle of the taskbar.. you can move them over to the left. As for anything you get sent you just look at the EMAIL address from where it came from. Can't hide that.

So far had no problems what so ever. The settings got reworked looks good. That NEW weather icon on the taskbar is not there lol. Not sure how I feel about the new WIDGETS. I will say it reminds me of my Mac lol. I don't use them much.. Just don't read or watch the news. But you can put all kind of things there you like. I can't move the taskbar anywhere.. not sure if thats coming.

Last.. for me its Windows 10.1.. but very nice. What you can and can't update to windows 10.. not really sure. Well my Surface Pro 3 would not let me do the preview. It has like TPM 1. Yeah I don't TMP 2 anywhere lol. So I used a USB and it just upgraded my Surface Pro3 and everything I used before works fine. So there ya go my 2 cents.. I always thought I had more cents...haha.. pfft

Microsoft re-released its free Windows 11 Compatibility Check today. Some folks will be glad to know that 11 will now accept SOME 7th generation computer chips.

This is good news because it indicates that MS is getting control over the difficult and controversial TPM program that makes most computers ineligible for 11.

Microsoft has released contradictory statements that SEEM to mean:

Any hardware that meets the minimum requirements will be able to install Windows 11, even if the hardware is too obsolete to run it well. Computers doing this will probably not be able to receive Windows Updates, nor will MS support them if they have any problems.

IT'S HERE!

Microsoft has just announced that Windows 11 will be released on October 5, 2021! With a huge waiting list, MS will decide who will go first, and the list will not be complete until the middle of 2022.

It appears that MS intends to release 11 to newer machines in the Windows Insider Program first.

And the bad news--they won't be able to run Android aps, as promised. MS hopes to add that ability later.

Wading through contradictory reports, Microsoft has announced that they will lower the requirements for Windows 11, but you should not install 11 if it doesn't meet the original requirements because it won't run well.

Why are they doing this? Because tech geeks have figured out ways to install 11 on computers that do not meet the requirements. One guy even installed 11 on a Mac computer. MS won't stop them, but they will not support these installations, nor will they allow them to receive updates.

And so...some geeks have figured out how to bypass this, and they can install 11 updates on computers that don't meet the minimum requirements.

My advice? Leave that to the geeks. If your computer doesn't support 11, don't install it.

Continuing to clarify their contradictory statements, Microsoft conceded that most Windows 10 computers will be able to bypass their minimum requirements and install Windows 11, but it won't run well.

And a new problem has come up. Some online games that run well on Windows 10 won't run on Windows 11 because the GAME doesn't meet 11's security requirements.

Is there an online diagnostic test to determine if your pc is up to snuff?

No. But if you use any search engine, it will give you two free diagnostic tests for Windows 11. Neither one will harm your computer. However, both of them will fail you if your TPM chip is not turned on.

Well Gang, it's the first full week of football, and the Windows 11 sports gadget has miserably failed the test.

Connecting you to the Microsoft Sports site, the gadget gives you the latest scores--from several hours ago. This Sunday morning it was still reporting yesterday's college football games as being at halftime.

Come on MS, you better recover from this fumble!

The Plot Thickens!

Microsoft announced yesterday that Virtual Machines (that allow you to run programs on a separated operatistem) that do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive Windows 11 updates.

Huh?

Okay, a virtual machine is a computer program that creats an artificial computer, with its own operating system, on your computer. If something goes wrong, it will not affect your computer itself. You can then delete the virtual machine and re-install it without the problem.

So?

Remember I had pointed out that I saw a budget laptop with Windows 10 Pro? 10 Pro allows you to create a virtual machine that will run 11--but now it can't receive upgrades.

One piece of good news and two pieces of bad news:

1) Windows 11 does not have the legendary Blue Screen of Death
2) They replaced it with the Black Screen of Death
3) This is not a joke.

Haven't used windows here at home in 10 years on my computers (wife has a windows computer, tho). Windows 11 is more powerful make-up on the same pig if you ask me. Many times her new MS computer is too slow to do a simple google meet to our son and his family, so I break out the ol' chromebook here and it boots and communicates in a flash, no attitudes. And I'm not even talking viruses which is the #1 reason why I bash Microsoft. I'm just talking functionality here.

Valid points, Tim. My wife and I are big game players, so we use Windows. My Chromebook, however, is much faster if I only want to go on the web.

Back