Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Wisdom and Discernment

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Sister

CF Ambassador
So I want y'all to know I really like this forum and believe I'll be on it as long as it is open. The people on here have beautiful hearts. I haven't been in more of the theology sections, but I tend to steer away from those/ political anyway.

If y'all can remember me in prayer though. I officially left other forums today. It isn't that I don't like them, but during covid lockdown, I made a mistake in that I turned to dreams/dream interpretation. I do believe in them, but I shared hundreds of my dreams pm. And it just started getting really strange. They turned into trying to help deliver someone from a demon/I guess words of knowledge and wisdom. I just was very foolish. I didn't even know about this before, because I was born and raised Baptist/cessationist. I definitely am not now, but the Bible doesn't talk to turning to dreams in the way I did this past year. Hundreds were interpreted. And some amazing signs did happen, but it doesn't mean they were all from God...The one who interpreted said he believed a witch had manipulated them and deceived us both near the end. That the person made the wrong choice and didn't follow the warnings in the dreams. It just got scarey... I was very blind.

I am starting over here. All I've really wanted to do was encourage others and pray for others in Christ and have online support in my walk with Christ. I thought I was doing something great and was eating at a table of demons. It was just a mistake on my long list of life mistakes. I wanted to serve God and help someone and did the exact opposite. I am forgiven, but do feel ashamed about it.

But I say this, that I'm not going to wallow in past mistakes or anything. I was pregnant with my son, laid off from work during covid lockdown, church was closed/zoom, and my husband works thirds, so he slept much of the day. He knew I was doing dreams and stuff, but he just said he didn't believe in that stuff and usually just supports me in whatever I do. But I was very lonely. I had a lot of time on my hands and during pregnancy had a lot of very vivid dreams. I already dream vividly. I'd have visions... Just a lot of weird things. So I don't know about it all. Pray for me that I have better spiritual discernment and wisdom in the future. I think I gained a lot from it moving forward. If my friend who interpreted comes on here, then he is a good person and things. It was always professional. But I do think how we did dreams was wrong. I opened many doors to the enemy, but God forgives and God mentors and guides my life. I belong to Him and He kept me safe this past year.

Dear Sister,
Discernment and wisdom are two of the things I pray for myself.
You already have a beautiful heart and I love your posts. We are so glad you have joined us here. I hope you stay here for a long,, long tine.
Thank you for sharing with us.
I will be praying for you in what you have asked.
God Bless you and your family.

I have a lot of dreams too. Some, I know, were spiritual while others were me just working through a day's events or the past. Wisdom and discernment can be elusive as we try to figure a dream out. The Lord will deliver the meaning in time if it is something we need to know for our benefit.

I had a vision two mornings in a row. My husband works thirds, wasn't home.

First morning I saw my husband by my bedside. He had his hand straight out under his nose with his thumb up, like he didn't want to breathe on me.

The second morning I had a vision of my husband by my bedside and he reached his hand out to me as if to help me out of bed.

I'm reserving my thoughts for a time. Going to pray about it. But yeh. I haven't had as many dreams. It has been good in a way. I just don't know what to make of the last year I think. Overloaded minds don't think clearly. Mouths talk too much. Lol

i personally try not to get too involved in my dreams. part my pre-Jesus existence dabbling in new age, watered down occult, etc. nothing heavy or anything, but...serious sin, nonetheless. and then...

honestly, for a minute there not too long ago (talking months), my dreams got -intense- . I don't mean anything uplifting, I mean -horrifying- , as in...

I'd fall asleep. 2 hours later, I'd wake up, visions of horror (often done in horror movie style, actually...complete with soundtrack) in my mind. ok. grab a drink, simmer, go back to bed, right? right, yeah...that's what I thought.

same thing. 1, 2 hours later...woke up. and again. not every night, but...too, too often. having typed all that...

one of the few nightmares I remember was me, trapped in the back wards of some horrible state hospital (FYI: it seems they're all pretty much -still- horrible, just not used as frequently as way back when). never been to a state hospital or state facility, but...

rough past, could have happened. OK. that dream, actually, was enough for me to drop 1 psych drug, so I was down to 2. it wasn't so much "this "antidepressant" is clearly causing this..." so much as it was more along the lines of "the less psychiatry, the better." OK...

so, now, it turns out people (I'm guessing in my neighborhood, possibly also my parents' neighborhood) had been trying to get me committed. thankfully...yeah, long story, its a no-go, by God's grace. :)

rambling...I do see value in dreams, to a point, but I also remember a time when my dreams were...an escape, basically. pre-Jesus. no real power over my life, sins already piling up, etc...

inward retreat. one sees it in people who go for some forms of Buddhism, some forms of psychotherapy, new age, etc...

its defeat to external forces masquerading as wisdom, basically. that was me...

in your case, honestly, I think you sound as if you were well intentioned and a tad bit stir crazy. God has forgiven you, and just be sure to "hold every thought captive to Christ," from here on out (to the best of your ability, of course...).

God bless you. :)

i personally try not to get too involved in my dreams. part my pre-Jesus existence dabbling in new age, watered down occult, etc. nothing heavy or anything, but...serious sin, nonetheless. and then...

honestly, for a minute there not too long ago (talking months), my dreams got -intense- . I don't mean anything uplifting, I mean -horrifying- , as in...

I'd fall asleep. 2 hours later, I'd wake up, visions of horror (often done in horror movie style, actually...complete with soundtrack) in my mind. ok. grab a drink, simmer, go back to bed, right? right, yeah...that's what I thought.

same thing. 1, 2 hours later...woke up. and again. not every night, but...too, too often. having typed all that...

one of the few nightmares I remember was me, trapped in the back wards of some horrible state hospital (FYI: it seems they're all pretty much -still- horrible, just not used as frequently as way back when). never been to a state hospital or state facility, but...

rough past, could have happened. OK. that dream, actually, was enough for me to drop 1 psych drug, so I was down to 2. it wasn't so much "this "antidepressant" is clearly causing this..." so much as it was more along the lines of "the less psychiatry, the better." OK...

so, now, it turns out people (I'm guessing in my neighborhood, possibly also my parents' neighborhood) had been trying to get me committed. thankfully...yeah, long story, its a no-go, by God's grace. :)

rambling...I do see value in dreams, to a point, but I also remember a time when my dreams were...an escape, basically. pre-Jesus. no real power over my life, sins already piling up, etc...

inward retreat. one sees it in people who go for some forms of Buddhism, some forms of psychotherapy, new age, etc...

its defeat to external forces masquerading as wisdom, basically. that was me...

in your case, honestly, I think you sound as if you were well intentioned and a tad bit stir crazy. God has forgiven you, and just be sure to "hold every thought captive to Christ," from here on out (to the best of your ability, of course...).

God bless you. :)

Sounds like maybe you were in a world of hurt... Didn't feel like you could get out of something, like the mental health world maybe? I've felt that way before in the past... I am thankful God can bring us out of those hurts even when we don't think we have it in us...

But yeh... I believe in dreams and visions from God and Biblical interpretation like with Joseph. But much of mine I do not think they were. I think maybe I was well intentioned searching and yes... maybe a bit stir crazy. Kept me sane. But yeh... Keeping thoughts captive have always been my challenge from scripture.

Writing my book is the first time I've been able to get the wild herd of horses (thoughts) to do as I wanted and put a fantasy to paper. I prayed repeatedly for the Lord to reveal the story to me so I could dedicate it to Him.

That is great. I like to write campfire stories. Sort of like RPGs where everyone writes different characters, but there is no dice involved. I am writing a Christian RPG with a friend on another CF.

Back