Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wisdom you are my sister; Understanding you are my closest family.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Allegorically speaking, the “immoral woman” is the world.

The Spirit of Wisdom and Understanding instructs us in the way of life, to keep us from being distracted by the seductive allurements of the world… if we have ears to hear.

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. 1 John 2:15-16

I believe in this hour the Spirit is speaking to the Church about these things, to instruct us and keep us from being polluted and defiled by the things of the world; that the love of God would both remain in us and abound more and more as we see the end of this age approaching.

And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
Matthew 24:12-13

Take firm hold of instruction, do not let go; Keep her, for she is your life. Proverbs 4:13

May God strengthen us, bless us and give us ears to hear what the Spirit is saying in this hour.

JLB

Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. James 4:4

Why would we as followers of Jesus, want to “make ourselves” an enemy of God? Makes no sense.

The answer question is simple.

Because we lack knowledge. IOW we just don’t know.

We just don’t know that we can “make ourselves” an enemy of God.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also will reject you… Hosea 4:6

An adulteress is someone who is married; who is in covenant relationship with another, and decides to have relations, intercourse with another.

Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

JLB

Back