Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wives teach the younger women?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Who Me

Just how do the women here teach the young women in their church or social circle?

How do you educate young women, teenaged girls of the importance of rational thought when considering boyfriends and ptential partners?

What do boys want? Surprise, surprise, they want sex. Sex with no strings attached, no responcibilities.

So how are you showing young women that sex without commitment harms them.

How do they recognise a provider and good father in a young man, what should they be looking for?

Or do you agree with what is being commented on in this article:-

Just how do the women here teach the young women in their church or social circle?

How do you educate young women, teenaged girls of the importance of rational thought when considering boyfriends and ptential partners?

What do boys want? Surprise, surprise, they want sex. Sex with no strings attached, no responcibilities.

So how are you showing young women that sex without commitment harms them.

How do they recognise a provider and good father in a young man, what should they be looking for?

Or do you agree with what is being commented on in this article:-
As is usual the church has got things back to front. When feminism and women's rights got a foothold in the church, they modeled themselves on the world, not the scriptures.

Forever and a day the leadership of the church was always male. David Pawson has written an excellent book about this with that title. Whilst women were demanding their rights alongside men, they forgot to read what the scripture says and because of this, we have the church trying to accommodate women in roles they are not called to and ignoring the roles that they are called to.

God has a plan for his family which he has set out in scripture and when we ignore this things go wrong. I will mention two things here.

One is the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world. One of the reasons why the church does not rule the world is because they do not rock the cradle. They are leaving it to the childcare worker to do that whilst they go out to work. If we are to take on board the whole counsel of God, we have no authority to leave someone else to bring up our children. A few weeks ago I read a report that it is essential that for the first five years of a child's life it is to be cared for by the mother. Not a pseudo mother. or a substitute mother. If it is not, emotional problems ensue.

So what all this means is that the child is abandoned to a secular setup that it is not meant for. That means that its values are shaped by the world, not you.

Two. The scripture says that the older women should teach the younger. Why is that? Very simple. They have been there and done that. Older women are the greatest resource the younger women can have. A group or even one on one is so valuable to a young girl who is making her way in the world.

As I have studied the younger generation today, their first priority is sex. Bugger the consequences. All this hoo-ha about the canceling of Roe v Wade is primarily about having no fallback if I get pregnant. When I was a teenager it was a none event because we did not have sex until we got married. Men showed women respect. Today it is get it while you can when you can.

The understanding of sex today is totally distorted. It has become a recreational activity, not a sign of devotion and commitment. Today more than ever we need older women to teach the younger women. That will do much more for the church than women becoming pastors or rectors or vicars or priests or bishops.

We need female leaders like a hole in the head. We need mothers to raise their own kids not go out to work so you can have a bigger house and we need mothers to rock the cradle and take back the world from its downhill crash landing. And we need older ladies to teach younger ones how to live a life pleasing to God, not pleasing to a boyfriend.

The OP concerns wives teaching the younger women. To me that's a given. Of course wives should teach the younger women. How else would they learn the joys and responsibilities of being mature women, wives, and mothers?

I support what the scripture says
So Do I.

And scripture says that there was a female apostle: Junia. Romans 16.7. Many later manuscripts changed Junia (Latin feminine) to Junias (Greek masculine) but since Junia is in the earliest manuscripts, I take it as original and Junias as being a scribal edit later on to fit with male leadership beliefs. (changing the text to fit the doctrine)

So Do I.

And scripture says that there was a female apostle: Junia. Romans 16.7. Many later manuscripts changed Junia (Latin feminine) to Junias (Greek masculine) but since Junia is in the earliest manuscripts, I take it as original and Junias as being a scribal edit later on to fit with male leadership beliefs. (changing the text to fit the doctrine)
No, they do not. There is doubt as to whether the word is Junias or Junia. Plus you never form a doctrine on one verse of scripture.

No, they do not. There is doubt as to whether the word is Junias or Junia. Plus you never form a doctrine on one verse of scripture.
Not saying a doctrine, just a historical point.
One should not FORM a doctrine based only on one verse; but one verse can certainly prove a doctrine FALSE.

And as long as the question remains of Junia's gender, no doctrine should be formed as to male-only leadership.

Here is the NET translator's note: Or “Junias.” sn The feminine name Junia, though common in Latin, is quite rare in Greek (apparently only three instances of it occur in Greek literature outside Rom 16:7, according to the data in the TLG [D. Moo, Romans [NICNT], 922]). The masculine Junias (as a contraction for Junianas), however, is rarer still: Only one instance of the masculine name is known in extant Greek literature (Epiphanius mentions Junias in his Index discipulorum 125). Further, since there are apparently other husband-wife teams mentioned in this salutation (Prisca and Aquila [v. 3], Philologus and Julia [v. 15]), it might be natural to think of Junia as a feminine name. (This ought not be pressed too far, however, for in v. 12 all three individuals are women [though the first two are linked together], and in vv. 9-11 all the individuals are men.) In Greek only a difference of accent distinguishes between Junias (male) and Junia (female). If it refers to a woman, it is possible (1) that she had the gift of apostleship (not the office), or (2) that she was not an apostle but along with Andronicus was esteemed by (or among) the apostles. As well, the term “prominent” probably means “well known,” suggesting that Andronicus and Junia(s) were well known to the apostles (see note on the phrase “well known” which follows).

Here is the NET translator's note: Or “Junias.” sn The feminine name Junia, though common in Latin, is quite rare in Greek (apparently only three instances of it occur in Greek literature outside Rom 16:7, according to the data in the TLG [D. Moo, Romans [NICNT], 922]). The masculine Junias (as a contraction for Junianas), however, is rarer still: Only one instance of the masculine name is known in extant Greek literature (Epiphanius mentions Junias in his Index discipulorum 125). Further, since there are apparently other husband-wife teams mentioned in this salutation (Prisca and Aquila [v. 3], Philologus and Julia [v. 15]), it might be natural to think of Junia as a feminine name. (This ought not be pressed too far, however, for in v. 12 all three individuals are women [though the first two are linked together], and in vv. 9-11 all the individuals are men.) In Greek only a difference of accent distinguishes between Junias (male) and Junia (female). If it refers to a woman, it is possible (1) that she had the gift of apostleship (not the office), or (2) that she was not an apostle but along with Andronicus was esteemed by (or among) the apostles. As well, the term “prominent” probably means “well known,” suggesting that Andronicus and Junia(s) were well known to the apostles (see note on the phrase “well known” which follows).
Again, trying to dodge the possibility of a female apostle.

Since it is a debatable issue; instead of giving me all the reasons why it cannot be, try giving reasons why it CAN be true.

Again, trying to dodge the possibility of a female apostle.

Since it is a debatable issue; instead of giving me all the reasons why it cannot be, try giving reasons why it CAN be true.
I am not trying to dodge the possibility of a female apostle. I merely posted the NET translator's note.

FYI, It's my personal opinion that a woman can and should hold any position in the church -- the body of Christ -- that she wants to hold. My main verse for this principle is Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus."

There is no need for you to be so defensive because you jump to an incorrect conclusion.

Acts chapter 2, women can teach the bible. The problem is two way street. Many churches are lying to people and teach tradition of men. Second, many parents are biblically illiterate. Deuteronomy 4:10. Priests and parents are responsible to teach their children Gods laws and provisions. Do you see why many kids grow to be punks or delinquents??. How many teens are incarcerated??. I stole someone's hub caps or stole merchandise from a store, and did nothing wrong. I stole money from my parents. Do you see moral decay and break down in society. Some daughters are promiscuous. They learn how to manipulate the system and get free services. Have more baby's, and free load of the state. Second thessalonians 3:3. But the Lord is faithful, Who shall STABLUSH you, and keep you from evil. Those who reject Jesus and refuse to repent, follow satan. Now the parents can't reach their children when they mature. Their words fall on deaf ears. Third John 1:11. Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that does Good is of God: but he that does evil hath not seen God. KAKOPOIEO in Greek means = Evil. Many churches have failed to teach Gods truth, sound doctrine to people. It's more of a social club than house of God. Parents failed their children, being biblically illiterate. I'm not judging anyone. I'm telling it like it is. Jesus will hold parents accountable and the hirelings have spot in hell fire. I won't sugar coat Gods word.

Acts chapter 2, women can teach the bible. The problem is two way street. Many churches are lying to people and teach tradition of men. Second, many parents are biblically illiterate. Deuteronomy 4:10. Priests and parents are responsible to teach their children Gods laws and provisions. Do you see why many kids grow to be punks or delinquents??. How many teens are incarcerated??. I stole someone's hub caps or stole merchandise from a store, and did nothing wrong. I stole money from my parents. Do you see moral decay and break down in society. Some daughters are promiscuous. They learn how to manipulate the system and get free services. Have more baby's, and free load of the state. Second thessalonians 3:3. But the Lord is faithful, Who shall STABLUSH you, and keep you from evil. Those who reject Jesus and refuse to repent, follow satan. Now the parents can't reach their children when they mature. Their words fall on deaf ears. Third John 1:11. Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that does Good is of God: but he that does evil hath not seen God. KAKOPOIEO in Greek means = Evil. Many churches have failed to teach Gods truth, sound doctrine to people. It's more of a social club than house of God. Parents failed their children, being biblically illiterate. I'm not judging anyone. I'm telling it like it is. Jesus will hold parents accountable and the hirelings have spot in hell fire. I won't sugar coat Gods word.
You wrote "Many churches have failed to teach Gods truth, sound doctrine to people. It's more of a social club than house of God. Parents failed their children, being biblically illiterate."

Then follow it with "I'm not judging anyone. I'm telling it like it is."

LOL! You are clearly judging people whom you have never met. "Many churches..?" Have you done an exhaustive survey of what churches teach, or are you just judging a large portion of Christ's body without evidence? "Parents failed their children, being biblically illiterate"? Same thing.

Watch out that you don't become filled with your own self-righteousness that you become a latter-day Pharisee (if you're not there already).

Back