Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Work anxiety

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

evenifigoalone

Fare thee well, Felicia
2024 Supporter
I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder back in 2018. Since then, I have come a long ways--it's way easier to talk to people than it used to be, I'm far less shy, and generally I just don't get anxious just from trying to socialize. But one place where, for whatever reason, I still get some anxiety is my workplace. It comes out of seemingly nowhere.

Recently I had a low grade panic attack while waiting on customers. I did my best to keep on working, and managed to do my job throughout the attack....but it was very difficult and customers could tell I wasn't feeling well. (One came back a few days later and asked if I was okay because I seemed like I was sick the last time they saw me.) I also did an anxiety inventory on my symptoms to rate their intensity, and it came back as severe.

I haven't had another attack since, so maybe it was a one time occurrence. But it has had me wondering if I should have my psychiatrist write a drs note for my boss so that I can get accommodations, such as occasionally being allowed to hop off my register for say 15 minutes, if I feel like my anxiety is getting intense and I need a few moments to do some calming techniques.

Another area of frustration is I decided to start seeing a therapist again, and I had had an appointment at the beginning of the month......but it got pushed back a whole month due to them accidentally assigning me the same therapist as one of my family members. (They can't have the same therapist for people who are related.)

HI :) so what would you like pray for? Please forgive me but may I be blunt? Do you believe Christ can heal? :)

God has already given you peace. Christ said peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Its also written and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Notice the word "WILL". So its your right to tell that anxiety to go in Jesus name and quote His word! Like fear I say NO God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind.

That peace is yours to receive in JESUS name :) praying

I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder back in 2018. Since then, I have come a long ways--it's way easier to talk to people than it used to be, I'm far less shy, and generally I just don't get anxious just from trying to socialize. But one place where, for whatever reason, I still get some anxiety is my workplace. It comes out of seemingly nowhere.

Recently I had a low grade panic attack while waiting on customers. I did my best to keep on working, and managed to do my job throughout the attack....but it was very difficult and customers could tell I wasn't feeling well. (One came back a few days later and asked if I was okay because I seemed like I was sick the last time they saw me.) I also did an anxiety inventory on my symptoms to rate their intensity, and it came back as severe.

I haven't had another attack since, so maybe it was a one time occurrence. But it has had me wondering if I should have my psychiatrist write a drs note for my boss so that I can get accommodations, such as occasionally being allowed to hop off my register for say 15 minutes, if I feel like my anxiety is getting intense and I need a few moments to do some calming techniques.

Another area of frustration is I decided to start seeing a therapist again, and I had had an appointment at the beginning of the month......but it got pushed back a whole month due to them accidentally assigning me the same therapist as one of my family members. (They can't have the same therapist for people who are related.)
I've seen people having panic attacks and it must be very scary for you when it happens .
Pray with faith that God will take this away from you.
Prayimg along with you. :hug

Yeah, anxiety can look like a lot of different stuff cuz it has a variety of symptoms with varying degrees. So what a panic attack looks like for one person, may be a little different from the next. In my case, I was shivering, shaky, stomach hurt, felt like I could throw up, and just had this general feeling of intense unease. I wanted to cry and scream and run away all at once, just get out of there, but I had to keep cool as much as humanly possible. If I had had the chance I would have grabbed my supervisor, told him I didn't feel well, and asked if I could go back to the break room for a few minutes, maybe even have requested to be allowed to end my shift early. But the customers just kept coming with no breaks, and my supervisor was nowhere to be found. I had to keep going.

Does your supervisor know you suffer with anxiety? If so are they quite understanding?
Some do, some don't. One asked me about the wristband I wear, which says "CIT" (crisis intervention team) and "mental health alert" on the inside*. I answered honestly and said I have anxiety.
And I thiiiink my boss may have seen me talk about anxiety on facebook, but I haven't actually talked about it with her. Neither have I asked for accommodations or aid.

*(The wristbands are a local effort to work with the police and use the wristbands to identify someone with a mental illness. In the event of a crisis or police encounter, you can ask for an officer who is trained in crisis intervention. Plus if you have a mental health diagnosis and violent tendencies due to that diagnosis, for example, you'll get sent to the psych ward instead of jail. That last bit doesn't apply to me as my illness isn't that severe, but there are people I know personally who have had to do that.)

Some do, some don't. One asked me about the wristband I wear, which says "CIT" (crisis intervention team) and "mental health alert" on the inside*. I answered honestly and said I have anxiety.
And I thiiiink my boss may have seen me talk about anxiety on facebook, but I haven't actually talked about it with her. Neither have I asked for accommodations or aid.

*(The wristbands are a local effort to work with the police and use the wristbands to identify someone with a mental illness. In the event of a crisis or police encounter, you can ask for an officer who is trained in crisis intervention. Plus if you have a mental health diagnosis and violent tendencies due to that diagnosis, for example, you'll get sent to the psych ward instead of jail. That last bit doesn't apply to me as my illness isn't that severe, but there are people I know personally who have had to do that.)
I don't know what it's like in your state nor the legal protections you have there, but in Texas, even though I belonged to a union, the major international energy company I worked for made absolutely no accommodations to my anxiety. They basically ran me out of the plant and fired me.

I don't know what it's like in your state nor the legal protections you have there, but in Texas, even though I belonged to a union, the major international energy company I worked for made absolutely no accommodations to my anxiety. They basically ran me out of the plant and fired me.
Yeah, that's why I'm unsure. I didn't even tell work about my diabetes until I was offered a donut and I had to explain why I couldn't eat it. But, they have been very very accommodating to my diabetes, so there's a fair chance they'd be with this too.....I'm just not sure how different they view mental illness from something well known and relatively well understood by the populous like diabetes.

Yeah, that's why I'm unsure. I didn't even tell work about my diabetes until I was offered a donut and I had to explain why I couldn't eat it. But, they have been very very accommodating to my diabetes, so there's a fair chance they'd be with this too.....I'm just not sure how different they view mental illness from something well known and relatively well understood by the populous like diabetes.
In Texas physical disabilities are somewhat respected while psycho/emo illness is treated with "just get over it" or "their just faking it" and/or "blame the victim". Look into your state laws as to how mental illness is treated. In Texas mental illness is not protected except by federal law.

I could not even imagine what you go through with this, but if you have faith and believe in your heart that Jesus can heal you and do not doubt this then start claiming your healing in Jesus name no matter how you feel as He will make you whole again. These are attacks of Satan and Christ has already given us the victory over him so just bind Satan in Jesus name and tell him he has to flee as it is written, James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Always remember that greater is He (Christ) that is in you than he (Satan) that is in the world.

:pray for you sis:hug

praying

Back