Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Ya know, we just can't seem to agree on the timing of the rapture.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
And I keep asking myself, why?
That's easy.

Any rapture scheme that blatantly ignores what Jesus said about the resurrection is idiotic and doomed to failure, and all of them require ignoring what Jesus said.

Is it any real surprise that we can't agree on the timing of something for which we can't even agree on the meaning?:eeeekkk

Ha Ha....this topic is something in common with most other forums I have been on. Nobody can agree about it. :yes Jesus told us there would be signs, and that we should be ready, but that no man knows the hour. If we are 'His'...then we do not need to worry about, or argue about the time or the correct interpretation. We just need to love Him and love each other.

Ha Ha....this topic is something in common with most other forums I have been on. Nobody can agree about it. :yes Jesus told us there would be signs, and that we should be ready, but that no man knows the hour. If we are 'His'...then we do not need to worry about, or argue about the time or the correct interpretation. We just need to love Him and love each other.
Bob how can there be 'signs' for an event that can take place any moment?

What you have provided is a textbook example of pre-millennial convenience specifically; the purposeful blurring of the 'Rapture' and the Second Advent while simultaneously holding ,close to vest, the vary docrtine that insists these are event separated by at least a number of years.

Correct me if Im wrong and welcome to the forum.:waving

H

Bob how can there be 'signs' for an event that can take place any moment?

What you have provided is a textbook example of pre-millennial convenience specifically; the purposeful blurring of the 'Rapture' and the Second Advent while simultaneously holding ,close to vest, the vary docrtine that insists these are event separated by at least a number of years.

Correct me if Im wrong and welcome to the forum.:waving

H
Maybe theories are not in agreement because there is no rapture as is commonly preached? Matthew 24:29-32 shows that both pre and mid trib theories are wrong since it states "Immediately AFTER the tribulation of those days..the Sign of the Son of Man will appear.." and "all the tribes of the earth" will see Him coming.."He will send His angels to..gather together the elect from ,,,heaven (also can be translated as the "universe, the world")". Note that as for the "taking away" of verses 40-41, the context is of the wicked taken away by the flood of Noah's day. It's possible that the "taking away" is from wherever they are to the valley of Armageddon! Note too that the gathering together of the elect does not state they are taken to heaven, only that they are gathered together by Him as He is coming to earth. Note also that this apparently takes place just before the FINAL judgement of chapt 25:31-46. Since this takes place "when the Son of Man comes" (25:31) it is on earth and not in Heaven where He sits on the throne. Pretty much wrecks the post-trib theory too.

Rapture theories are part of what keeps forums alive!

Agreeing on rapture or rapture theories is not unto salvation...

Did anyone ever think that the bible teaches more than one rapture? Thus, when one group focuses on one of the raptures, then the timing differs from another group's belief because they see a different rapture in scripture, but they also think there's only one rapture.

Thus, they are all correct. They are also all wrong!

Number of raptures is topic and needs its own thread :tongue2

m03135.gif

nice sundial.

i am no longer any form of a tribber but i remain premillenial. i dont believe we are getting better in that the west is moving towards christianity in fact the opposite is occuring. america isnt christian anymore and hasnt been since at least 1962.

i could say really since the scopes trial. i wouldnt be suprised if china or s.korea proclaims christ as lord as a nation. the later would be first as they send more missionaries out then america does. the problem for the tribbers is that they only look at america or whatever western nation they reside in, verse the persecution and GROWTH OF THE CHRUCHES IN THE middle east and in china and commie regimes.

i do see a purpose for modern isreal just not as many tribber say it will be brought to pass.

Any rapture scheme that blatantly ignores what Jesus said about the resurrection is idiotic and doomed to failure, and all of them require ignoring what Jesus said.
I personally (and professionally) find these types of comments rather unproductive-- or rather quite negatively productive and not supportive or positive at all. I would like to see comments draw upon the positive aspects of what someone believes personally rather than try and call another believer names (such as implying someone's an idiot because they don't believe the same way you do.)

I'd engage in such discourses if they didn't continue to fall into calling other people names. What do you think?

With that said :hysterical yeah, go figure that no one knows the exact timing of the rapture! :hysterical

A quick look at history, nothing like some persecution to strengthen the Israelites/church.

For way to long the American Christian has looked for escape/rapture over obeying the command of Jesus to spread the gospel. This IMO has been sense WWII. A lot of factors went into this evil... the Scofield bible, darby, eg white etc. these thoughts built over the years and we thought WE had victory over WWII and left the Lord God out of the the equation ... the fact that Americans are too comfortable..

Some of us are roses, some tulips, pansys, poppys, daffodils, lovely orchids, we are all flowers in His garden.

There is value in allowing people to be who they are, speak how they wish. What may not be productive to one could well be just the thing that impresses another. We are all God's creation as gloriously different as are!

sadly reba seems to have a point. american christianity is dying. those that are pre-trib look to god and say come lord jesus all the while praying for a revival.

perhaps what god is doing in the west is answering that prayer. he is letting the sinners rage and us see what hypocrites we are. somehow that verse where there is sin abounds grace abounds all the much more.

I see things that way for USA Jason, but not for His whole world. He has a church He is not a loser. The victory was won a few years back! America need to fall on her knees and repent for the many evils she has committed. I would at the same time remind God (like He needs it?) of our years of spreading the gospel. This nation prospered well when for the most part we we a christian nation.

Christianity has ebbs and flows like most everything. Down the same lines as the stock market.... pick a date of late, read the market and it will most likely be down but the overview is still one to advancement.

I hold to the fact that about 2000 years ago we Christians only numbered 12....;)

Human life expectancy something must be better than 100 years ago. The only good thing is God.

[FONT=arial, helvetica]2000[/FONT] [FONT=arial, helvetica]77[/FONT] [FONT=arial, helvetica]
[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]
[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]1950[/FONT] [FONT=arial, helvetica]68[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica][/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]1900[/FONT] [FONT=arial, helvetica]47[/FONT]

Back