Christian Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Christian Forum aspires to be an online community where Christians can come together in fellowship with the purpose to encourage, inspire and build up our faith in Christ Jesus. John 13:34-35
  • Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Yesterday Marked Five Years That My Girlfriend and I Have Been Dating.

Who Me

From
London England
We plan on being married. We just cannot get married right now. I will be going through bankruptcy, and I am not going to drag her into the middle of it by marrying her.

So, for now, marriage will have to wait.

Have you discussed all the implications of this with her?
The marriage vows say ' For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health. '
I appricate you don't want to involve her in your financial mess, but is she willing to be involved in it?

Isilwen

From
Central Florida
Have you discussed all the implications of this with her?
The marriage vows say ' For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health. '
I appricate you don't want to involve her in your financial mess, but is she willing to be involved in it?

She is thankful that I don't want to involve her in the bankruptcy and is willing to wait till afterwards to get married. Once the bankruptcy is over, we are free and clear to marry.

She also understands that the bankruptcy isn't really my fault as I was fine till child support went up as did my health insurance, while my pay hasn't exactly gone up to match.

I also feel I should mention, I wouldn't have gone the bankruptcy route if she had said no to me doing it. We sat down and talked about it. I also had gotten a debt consolidation consult and was told that I don't bring enough money to do debt consolidation and that bankruptcy would be better.

Last edited:

Who Me

From
London England
She is thankful that I don't want to involve her in the bankruptcy and is willing to wait till afterwards to get married. Once the bankruptcy is over, we are free and clear to marry.

She also understands that the bankruptcy isn't really my fault as I was fine till child support went up as did my health insurance, while my pay hasn't exactly gone up to match.

I also feel I should mention, I wouldn't have gone the bankruptcy route if she had said no to me doing it. We sat down and talked about it. I also had gotten a debt consolidation consult and was told that I don't bring enough money to do debt consolidation and that bankruptcy would be better.

thank you for explaining.