Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

You Who Choose Permanent Death. Why Do You Do That?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Well, we both agree that I don't know.
We don't agree to the supposition that you do know.

Aside: Christian Gal down the street has lost 95% of her taste. Would be nice for her to get it back and have a juicy steak. Maybe the Lord will use the OUTBACK Steak House recipe ... again, I don't know, perhaps you do.

I agree you don't know. What a confession.

BarBQue Judas goat. Tastes great.

Quantrill

Well, perhaps first thing to be cleared up is 'when is the marriage supper of the Lamb?' You speak now of the 'new heavens and earth'.

Quantrill
It was the Apostle John that spoke of a New Earth and a New Heaven;

1Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.
”Revelation 21:1-4

Regarding the "when" question:
It does not matter "when."
All that matters is that in the New Earth and in the New Heaven '
"there will be no more death" . . . because "the old order of things has passed away."
And THAT means there will be no killing of animals and eating them, in the New earth
and in the New Heaven.

Best Regards.

JAG

``

Concerning the Millennial Kingdom I see no reason for there to not be animals killed for food.

Concerning the New Heavens and Earth, who decides what mans diet is? Man or God? Whose side will one choose? There are plenty of people who think you shouldn't eat vegetables because they are 'living things'. Does God listen to them and take their advice?

Why doesn't God make it so we don't eat anything? That would solve all the problems. But He didn't. We have stomachs. Digestive systems. Taste buds...that crave good BarBQue. Will that be erased? How bland Heaven must be.

Quantrill

We do NOt have to give up eating "meat" in the New Earth and in the New Heaven
because what we call meat here on earth can have a heavenly counterpart.
What does that mean?
It means that God is quite capable of creating heavenly food for us, that would
be a counterpart to say, your favorite ribeye steak without THAT being the dead flesh
of a cow. You would not know the difference.

So?

So you CAN HAVE what you want to keep (which is the enjoyment of "meat")
and at the same time , ,
(2) NOT have to kill animals in order to keep what you want to keep (which is the enjoyment of "meat")

If it looks like a ribeye, has the same texture as a ribeye, , and taste like a ribeye,
when it is NOT the dead flesh of a cow ~ then you would not know the difference.

Best Regards.

JAG

Maybe the Lord will use the OUTBACK Steak House recipe ..
I like the Outback now and then.
I get their "Bloomin Onion" and a cheeseburger or sometimes their
Alice Springs Chicken.
The Outback is not all that popular so after church on Sunday
there is no waiting to get seated. I like that. I don't stand in
line to get food, unless I'm with my extended family and they
want to go to a popular restaurant.

Best

JAG

``

It was the Apostle John that spoke of a New Earth and a New Heaven;

1Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.
”Revelation 21:1-4

Regarding the "when" question:
It does not matter "when."
All that matters is that in the New Earth and in the New Heaven '
"there will be no more death" . . . because "the old order of things has passed away."
And THAT means there will be no killing of animals and eating them, in the New earth
and in the New Heaven.

Best Regards.

JAG

``

Well, I believe it was you who used the marriage supper of the Lamb as an example. So, to me, the 'when' does become important. Both the when and where, for that matter. Why? Because in the Millennium there will still be death. If the marriage supper takes place on the earth during the Millennium, no problem.

But, if it takes place after the New Heaven and Earth, then I don't know. Fake steak? I hope not.

Quantrill

We do NOt have to give up eating "meat" in the New Earth and in the New Heaven
because what we call meat here on earth can have a heavenly counterpart.
What does that mean?
be a counterpart to say, your favorite ribeye steak without THAT being the dead flesh

So?

and at the same time , ,
(2) NOT have to kill animals in order to keep what you want to keep (which is the enjoyment of "meat")

If it looks like a ribeye, has the same texture as a ribeye, , and taste like a ribeye,
when it is NOT the dead flesh of a cow ~ then you would not know the difference.

Best Regards.

JAG

Perhaps. But fake steak doesn't appeal to me. At this time anyway. I guess all we can do is assume and hope.

Quantrill

So?

and at the same time , ,

That was my thought too.

Also thought that if there was no more death and if that meant anything and everything ... then none of our cells would die which means many bodily functions would need to change.

Eventually, if not already, we are into silly speculation...thogh that can be fun too.

That was my thought too.

Also thought that if there was no more death and if that meant anything and everything ... then none of our cells would die which means many bodily functions would need to change.

Eventually, if not already, we are into silly speculation...thogh that can be fun too.
I can tell from your posts that you're interested in this subject.
Trust me.
You will LOVE this book:
Randy Alcorn is an Evangelical.
This is a truly interest-gripping read.
I've had it on my Kindle for a long time and just recently
decided to order me a hard copy.
$15.59 Hardback
Free S/H if order is over $25.00 (I think)
This book sold over 1,000,000,000 copies
Its got 5,863 ratings on amazon

Best regards,

JAG

``

can tell from your posts that you're interested in this subject.
Trust me.
You will LOVE this book:
Thanks for thinking of me. Actually, eschatology is one if the subjects I like least. So many contrary opinions.

This book sold over 1,000,000,000 copies
Last time I looked the bible, Koran and one other over a billion. This has to be a misprinted number.

Last edited:
Thanks for thinking of me. Actually, eschatology is one if the subjects I like least. So many contrary opinions.

Last time I looked the bible, Koran and one other over a billion. This has to be a misprinted number.
Regarding the number of copies sold:
That was my careless mistake. The correct number was over 1,000,000 sold.

Regarding eschatology:
I understand.

Best

JAG

``

If you ever change your mind, consider an investigation of the mighty magnificent
victorious Postmillennial Eschatological System.

Start quote:
"It is sad indeed that Amillennialism, Premillennialism, and
Dispensationalism repudiates the gospel victory theme of
the Bible in their modern eschatological speculations and
replaces this victory theme with a defeatist scheme of the
future of the Christian Church and Human race. This
paralyzes Christian cultural efforts and eliminates the
practical significance from the Christian worldview, and
gives Christians a sinful comfort in lethargy because all
this Defeatism and Doom and Gloom tends to justify
social and cultural irresponsibility. "Why polish brass
on a sinking ship", ask many misinformed Christians."