Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

“A New Pledge of Allegianceâ€

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:ApplyBreakingRules/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> For many years and, however long that may be, we have had the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag. In the recent years though using the name of God in the Pledge of Allegiance has become an issue to those who are offended by God and ashamed of His name. Yet whether or not God is removed or remains, the Pledge of Allegiance still is a focus on this flag and America. So I have made up a new Pledge of Allegiance I wish could be done before meetings or at school especially among Christians for a reminder of whom we live for. I borrowed the Frame of the Pledge to replace the words with brand new words in place that has a similar tone. But its purpose to whom we should really be giving our life to. Let me share and you will see what I mean. I will place these in Quotes.

“I Pledge Allegiance to the Lord, who is high above America. We give our Repentance that He commands. One Nation who prays to God. Our Almighty and Invisible. Forgiving and living and Judges over All. “This is my draft of a new Pledge of Allegiance. Please comment on this what you think or believe. As long as we still have Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion let us express this while we still have time.
<!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->

This was a very well thought out Pledge you have made WIH...

It's a shame the original has had God in it since 1892.
But this pledge was to a flag..a piece of material.
God is so much more then material and he is so much more worthy then to
have a pledge for him just for the US.
He created this whole entire world that each one of us walks on.

I believe this pledge should be from the whole world and said to God personally.

So if I had to change anything it would be only the very first line and make it say

“I Pledge Allegiance to the Lord, who is high above the world."
Otherwise great job.:clap

Back