Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

“All about Music Gameâ€

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hey do you guys like music? Music is first mentioned in Genesis chapter 4:21. I believe Jubal was the Father of those who played the harp and the flute. And when Moses and the survivors crossed the Red Sea they sang a song of victory. Certainly we can say music can be an important part of our day and enjoyment.

In the thought of music I wanted to make up a game concerning music. Here is how the game works. The first person puts down anything related to music. Then the person will ask a question concerning what they want you to put down for an answer. They might say post an instrument that starts with the letter G. The person may answer guitar. The next person might ask name a famous person in the decade of the 1950s. The person might say Jerry lee Lewis. The next person might ask who was the drummer for the Beatles before Ringo Starr? I believe that was Pete Best. Then perhaps one may ask what the brass instrument is considered to be a wood wind instrument which is the saxophone. As you can see this is anything about music. I am going to start off this game. If you like music then you will like this game. Let’s have fun and let the Good times roll.

Question number one. We know Elvis Presley had a lot of music hits. Name the last main hit song he did before he passed away. Or what was his most recent recorded song played over the radio he made the last song before his passing away?

You may look up these answers if you need to.

Moody Blue is the final studio album by Elvis Presley. The album was a mixture of live and studio work, and included the four tracks from Presley's final studio recording sessions in October 1976 and two tracks leftover from the previous Graceland session in February 1976. Moody Blue was a previously published hit song recorded at the earlier Graceland session and held over for this album. Also recorded at the February session was She Thinks I Still Care. Way Down became a hit after Presley's death less than one month after this album's publication.

As described in Elvis: The Illustrated Record, RCA was not able to obtain sufficient new studio material for a complete album, with all but six songs of Presley's studio recordings of 1976 having already been used in the previous album, From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee. The company chose to augment the remaining available works with three live songs recorded in Ann Arbor, Michigan, on April 24 and 26, 1977, including his version of "Unchained Melody" which was the album's third single, released posthumously. RCA and the producer Felton Jarvis had booked a recording studio in Nashville, Tennessee, for January 1977, to record some new tracks for this album. Presley had chosen a few songs to record with the help of Jarvis, most of them were rather country and uptempo. Unfortunately, Presley never showed up at that session, claiming that he was sick and thus staying home (an excuse that Presley used rather frequently during the 1960s to avoid recording poor soundtracks for his motion pictures). Jarvis and RCA had nothing left to do but to fill the album with the live tracks mentioned above. Also included is a live performance of "Let Me Be There" which had already been released three years earlier on his album Elvis: As Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis.

The song Moody Blue was released as a single in December 1976 and it reached number one on the Billboard Country Singles Chart, and #31 on the pop chart. "Way Down" was released as the album's next single during the early summer of 1977. It did not go very far up the chart, but it soared to #18 after Presley's death in August (jumping to number one in the U.K.) It was a bigger hit on the country charts, and it had risen to number one in the same week of the death of Presley. This album reached number three on the Billboard album charts after his death, although it had already entered the top 40 before he died. This was the last album by Presley to reach the TOP 40. Moody Blue was also a number one album on the Country Albums chart. Moody Blue was published on July 19, 1977, and it peaked on the album chart in August 1977.

RCA pressed the album on blue vinyl, to match the title track. Since colored vinyl pressings were relatively rare, and they almost never occurred in a wide release, this has led to collectors mistakenly assuming that blue-vinyl albums of Moody Blue are collectors' items, when in fact the true collectables are pressings from immediately before Presley's death on standard black vinyl. (Immediately following his death, the production of Moody Blue was shifted back to blue vinyl. However, in some later years the album was produced using standard black vinyl).

Following Presley's death, "Unchained Melody" was also released as a single, and it peaked at #6 on the country music charts.

The original CD issue had the standard songs of the original. The CD reissue of the year 2000 revised the cover art including a different concert photo of Elvis, omitted the track "Let Me Be There", due to its presence on Elvis: As Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis, and it added the complete album From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee as tracks 10-19 - in effect compiling the Graceland sessions rather than reissuing the album. It was certified Gold and Platinum on 9/12/1977 and 2x Platinum on 3/27/1992 by the R.I.A.A.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moody_Blue

Who was considered the Queen of Soul?

At my age nice to read about a singer i know of......Loved that album...

Who was considered the Queen of Soul?
A guess
Aretha Franklin ?

Sorry i saw something about Elvis and didn't read the OP :sad

Who are the famous relitives of Jerry Lee?

Answer: Jerry Lee Lewis grew up in a very conservative, religious, tight-knit family in Ferriday, LA. Indeed, two of his cousins were like brothers to him -- Mickey Gilley, who would later become famous as a country superstar and the owner of Gilley's nightclub in Pasadena, TX, and Jimmy (Lee) Swaggart, who would become famous as a televangelist (and infamous due to a sex scandal in the late Eighties). All three learned to play together on the family's Stark piano, and Gilley himself entered into the business after Jerry Lee's success with the single "Crazy Arms." Of the three, however, it is Swaggart, not Lewis or Gilley, whom the family has always considered the most talented. All three have sold millions of albums between them, Swaggart's being primarily religious music. Gilley is perhaps best known to pop fans for his 1980 hit cover of "Stand By Me." (Sister Linda Gail Lewis, also a piano player, has recorded with artists such as Van Morrison.)

http://oldies.about.com/od/rockabill1/f/jerryleecousins.htm

In 1971 a group named The New Seekers did a famous song on the radio and was part of a Coca Cola advertisement. What is the name of this song?

Mark David Chapman on Dec.8, 1980

He was just recently denied parole for the 7th time.

What was the main theme song in the movie Rocky 3 and on the soundtrack?

Back