Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study 1 John 3:1-12

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
1 John 3:1-12

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Children of God Love One Another

3 See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
4 Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness. 5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. 6 No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. 7 Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.
11 For this is the message which you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another; 12 not as Cain, who was of the evil one and slew his brother. And for what reason did he slay him? Because his deeds were evil, and his brother’s were righteous.
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation

These are my thoughts please share yours.

1 The love God shows is true love and all thrue love can only mirror it. God's love was best shone from the cross. We are remade when we come to Christ in God's image. When Adam fell he fell from being in God's image which we are made after Adam's image but when we come to Christ this changes the world is still in Adam's image.

2 The change wego thru is far from what we can imagine. God's work on us is not finished when we come to Him but it is just started when we come to Him.

3 We are made pure thru our faith in Christ and this gives us the hope of being raised from the dead to a life with Him in His kingdom.

4 We are sinners and ithout Christ's blood to cover our sins we will be held accountable for our sins. When we come to Christ we recieve the forgiveness have gave from the cross. He died for our sins so don't have to be punished for them by God but are forgiven if wwe chose Him.

5 Jesus had no sin and was not born into sin as everyone else is.

6 All those of the faith have their sins forgiven and they are put under the blood. Our sins are covered by the blood before we committ them if we are in Christ but if we are not we are then bond to our sins.

7 We are to judge men by if their acts match up to the word. No man is perfect only Christ was but the word is what we rely on to see if someone is true.

8 To be a sinner is to be a servant of satan. Jesus stands for his own when they slip and they forgiven as if it never hapened because it is covered by the blood and forgotten.

9 We can not serve both God and sin. We are not produce the fruit of the Spirit as believers not produce sin.

10 Love is something that only truly known by coming to Christ in repetence. Love is something tat seperates believers fromt the rest of people. People may have love but the believers has God's love. The believer is to seek after God's will in their life. The unbeliever does not concern theirself with this.

11 To someone who loves us is easy but the believer is called to love those who hate them as well ehich is only done thru Chirst being in their life.

12 Cain was not accepted as Abel was but instead of turning to God in forgiveness Cain killed his brother. Unbelievers have an do this today to those who believe.

1) Adam lost the likeness of the LORD, not His Image, which is the image of a man.
2) I agree
3) I agree
4) we receive forgiveness only after we first confess: it not automatic as you presume.
5) I agree; but the reason Jesus was not born into sin was because no man was His father, but GOD IS.
6) I disagree, as I stated in (4). If we confess ours sins, he (Jesus) is faithful to forgive us our sins (1JN)
7) a man can be perfect, with Jesus in his heart: and we are commanded to be perfect.
(8) I agree
(9) I agree
(10) I agree

Back