Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

10-28-2023 Daytona Seventh Day BAPTIST Pastor Ben “What Happens When People Die?” Gen 2;7

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I wasn't brave enough to say that....
LOL It doesn't take bravery but does take rightly dividing You only show you have no understating what it means to blaspheme

Peter is a good example of someone that blasphemed the son of man .He was forgiven. Blasphemy against God not seen no forgiveness.

You are leaving out the gift of Discernment as given by the Holy Spirit. You are also deciding whether or not the Comforter is at work in a very personal intimate way.
When someone tries to prophecy in a general way concerning all the you are most likely correct, but when the Holy Spirit is working personally in someone's life.....do you have the right, as a Christian, to call this the work of Satan? What is the UNFORGIVABLE sin? Are you treading on thin ice? What do you think the power of the Holy Spirit is? When they make a show of it.....then it is most likely false, but if they're only sharing an experience.......I'd hold my tongue if they seem sincere and I'd only make my own personal opinion of it.
I am not calling it a work of Satan

The gift of discernment adding to the written law or interpreting the law by rightly dividing ?.

There are no laws missing by which we could know Him more intimately .

Sola scriptura the reforming authority in any generation.

Jesus says Lazarus was sleeping but Jesus was going to wake him up.

Jesus said the rich man was burning in hell, while Lazarus was with Abraham.

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. Luke 16:22-24

JLB

Jesus said the rich man was burning in hell, while Lazarus was with Abraham.

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. Luke 16:22-24

JLB
God does not comune with the dead (necromancy) in that parable.

How did you come to that conclusion as to that is what I am doing ??
If you look back at my posts, you'll see that I had posted that persons that have near death experiences come back with a renews zeal for life, a belief that there's life after death and they make a change in how they now live as compared to before.

This sounds like a work of God.

You state that it's the work of satan.

You're attributing to satan the work of God.
This is blaspemy.

Mark 3:22-30

22And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, “He has Beelzebul, and by the ruler of the demons he casts out demons.”
23And he called them to him and spoke to them in parables, “How can Satan cast out Satan?
24If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
25And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.
26And if Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but his end has come.
27But no one can enter a strong man’s house and plunder his property without first tying up the strong man; then indeed the house can be plundered.
28“Truly I tell you, people will be forgiven for their sins and whatever blasphemies they utter,
29but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit can never have forgiveness but is guilty of an eternal sin”—
30for they had said, “He has an unclean spirit.”

You are mistaken again. You say'. . . now show me how I blaspheme (a form of plagiarism) ?
I can't help it if you don't understand what blasphemy is.
I've already explained it 2 times.

You are attributing to God - who is working miracles in the lives of persons...
The work of satan.

THIS is blasphemy.
I gave you scripture - I can do no more.

I can't help it if you don't understand what blasphemy is.
I've already explained it 2 times.

You are attributing to God - who is working miracles in the lives of persons...
The work of satan.

THIS is blasphemy.
I gave you scripture - I can do no more.

It's beginning to sound like Pentecostal what some call sign gifts. (No such thing)

Proof by seeing with our eyes and not beveling with our hearts the unseen things of God called faith.

You have not said how you think I am blaspheming the Holy Spirit in respect to certain sign. Like out of the body. I had a dream. I saw a vision.

I did not say God does not work miracles today. It normal for him to work them every day, it's the daily bread he gives. A true miracle. Waking up in the morning is a miracle. Miracle are miracles nothing more. God is God nothing less.

I did say God is no longer. Bringing signs to wonder after. He said it's an evil generation that does seek after sign rather than prophecy. Prophecy is fulfilled.

If you desire to wonder rather than believe the word of God. How would you know if God is sending a strong delusion?

Don't we have to try the spirits to see if of God or Satan?

2 Thessalonians 2:9-11Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

It's beginning to sound like Pentecostal what some call sign gifts. (No such thing)

Proof by seeing with our eyes and not beveling with our hearts the unseen things of God called faith.

You have not said how you think I am blaspheming the Holy Spirit in respect to certain sign. Like out of the body. I had a dream. I saw a vision.

I did not say God does not work miracles today. It normal for him to work them every day, it's the daily bread he gives. A true miracle. Waking up in the morning is a miracle. Miracle are miracles nothing more. God is God nothing less.

I did say God is no longer. Bringing signs to wonder after. He said it's an evil generation that does seek after sign rather than prophecy. Prophecy is fulfilled.

If you desire to wonder rather than believe the word of God. How would you know if God is sending a strong delusion?

Don't we have to try the spirits to see if of God or Satan?

2 Thessalonians 2:9-11Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
I believe I should stop posting to you.
Each and every post you've made to me has blasphemed the Almighty God.

How to know if God is sending a delusion?
You will know a tree by its fruit.
A delusion will end badly.
The cases I'm speaking to you about end with persons becoming born again.

YOU believe that this is caused by satan.....
instead of by God.

This is the perfect example of blasphemy.
No need to reply.

Do you have any gifts of the Holy Spirit Mr. G Lee ? 1 Corinthians 12 is a place to look for what the gifts are .
I did say God is no longer. Bringing signs to wonder after.
When did God stop bringing signs to wonder after ? I need bible verses that support what you are saying .

Do you have any gifts of the Holy Spirit @Mr. G Lee ? 1 Corinthians 12 is a place to look for what the gifts are .
I think you meant does God use me as a witness to demonstrate his power as it is written . No such thing as a sign gift. self edifying. Called strange fire, a unauthorized addition

Leviticus 10:1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the Lord, which he commanded them not.
When did God stop bringing signs to wonder after ? I need bible verses that support what you are saying
Matthew 12:39But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

Luke 11:29 And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

Not a good generation that walks after the unseen things of God (faith)

It was fulfilled during the three day and night demonstration at the cross.

You could be confusing the word "sign" with the word "mark" .Mark is used 8 times in Revelation never as a outward sign. More of mark My living word whatsoever I as God says will come to pass.

Do you have any gifts of the Holy Spirit Mr. G Lee ? 1 Corinthians 12 is a place to look for what the gifts are .

When did God stop bringing signs to wonder after ? I need bible verses that support what you are saying .
Those that believe see signs from God very often.
Maybe everyday almost.
Not because we need them to be convinced,
but because our sensitized spirit sees God everywhere.
Every good and perfect gift comes from God.
James 1:17

God does not comune with the dead (necromancy) in that parable.

Jesus never communed with the dead.

He simply explained where Abraham and Lazarus were, and where the rich man was; in hell, tormented in the fires of hell.

JLB

He simply explained where Abraham and Lazarus were, and where the rich man was; in hell, tormented in the fires of hell.

JLB
I did not say he did. But that is the subject of the parable. no man can serve two teaching master all things written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura) and necromancy the wisdom of man pretending you can talk to the dead He asks for father Abraham to repress dead Abrahm. Some Jews sought after the dying flesh hoping it could profit.

.24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

JLB

Again who is he talking to? God does not commune with the dead He is a God of the living. He was referring to dead never to rise to new life .

Abraham (Satan casting out Satan casting Satan out ) he has no need for a drink he has no desire. Dead as a doornail
There is no life after one takes their last breath. Hel as shown in Jonah and Jesus a living sufferings living sacrifice God pouring out His Spirit

living in a dying body of hell/sufferings is not the subject matter of that paraple to even begin with.

No man can serve 2 good teaching masters as one Lord is the subject to the parable. a whole series beginning in previous chapter leading the same outcome One Good Teaching Master as lord. no seeking after dead relatives or favorite saints . . necromancy. . wisdom of the devil call (Mammon $$$$$) the root of the evil one.

I did not say he did. But that is the subject of the parable. no man can serve two teaching master all things written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura) and necromancy the wisdom of man pretending you can talk to the dead He asks for father Abraham to repress dead Abrahm.

God is the God of the living.

Abraham was clearly alive and well in Paradise.

JLB

God is the God of the living.

JLB
Thanks I would offer. .

Clearly dead asleep like no possibility in any help on earth. The Holy Father does fine all by his own self . He is not served by human hands as a will.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

There is no communing with the dead(necromancy) The certain rich with the things of this world but no wisdom of all things written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura) through necromancy was asking dead Abraham, whose flesh and blood long ago turned to dust to help him out of his situation.

Again the parable is all about the impossibility of serving two good teaching masters as one unseen Lord . False prophecy oral tradition's of dying mankind as false apostles

Or true apostle with true prophecy as it is written in the law and its outward testimony the prophets The testament of faith "Let there be and the testimony. . . . . . the good prophets send with the gospel of God as it is writen.

The word of God all things writen in the law and prophets opposes necromancy the living seeking after the dead Rachel was found guilty of hiding the family image idols needed to put a face on the legion of gods just as King Saul when God refused to cone with him .She saw gods the legion below . . .

Mark 5: 6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country. Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea

Thanks I would offer. .

Clearly dead asleep like no possibility in any help on earth. The Holy Father does fine all by his own self . He is not served by human hands as a will.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

There is no communing with the dead(necromancy) The certain rich with the things of this world but no wisdom of all things written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura) through necromancy was asking dead Abraham, whose flesh and blood long ago turned to dust to help him out of his situation.

Again the parable is all about the impossibility of serving two good teaching masters as one unseen Lord . False prophecy oral tradition's of dying mankind as false apostles

Or true apostle with true prophecy as it is written in the law and its outward testimony the prophets The testament of faith "Let there be and the testimony. . . . . . the good prophets send with the gospel of God as it is writen.

The word of God all things writen in the law and prophets opposes necromancy the living seeking after the dead Rachel was found guilty of hiding the family image idols needed to put a face on the legion of gods just as King Saul when God refused to cone with him .She saw gods the legion below . . .

Mark 5: 6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country. Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea

I don’t how any of this applies to my post which says….

God is the God of the living… (not the dead)

Abraham was not asleep.

I don’t how any of this applies to my post which says….

God is the God of the living… (not the dead)

Abraham was not asleep.
Where was he? What is he doing now?. And remember there is a fixed gulf field. between the dead not here and the living

Luke 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back