Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

25 quotes on Calvinism

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You will need to disprove all the scriptures I used in post 119, saying men could live without sinning, to prove your point.
You havnt proved that a person can live without sinning by quoting those verses, and please lets keep that teaching out of this zone. Feel free to discuss the Doctrines of Grace. Thanks

You havnt proved that a person can live without sinning by quoting those verses, and please lets keep that teaching out of this zone. Feel free to discuss the Doctrines of Grace. Thanks
I didn't need to.
The writers of them did that for me...thanks be to God.

Doctrine of grace: God gave us all we need to serve Him, without cost to us.

Thats an benefit of being chosen by God to Salvation, believing is part of their Sanctification 2 Thess 2:13

We were discussing how John 3:16 states that God is CHOOSING who will be saved.
It plainly says that ANYONE WHO BELIEVES will be saved by belief in Jesus.

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Agreed 100%

Let's take a look at 2 Thess 2:10 to 17
and what it means when plainly read with no influence from reformed faith...

2 thessalonians 2:10-17
10and with every kind of evil deception directed against those who are perishing, because they found no place in their hearts for the truth so as to be saved.

Again, we are told HOW some are perishing....and HOW some are saved.
They found NO PLACE IN THEIR HEARTS FOR THE TRUTH so as to be saved.

It does NOT state because they were not chosen by God.
It states that the reason is because THEY FOUND NO PLACE IN THEIR HEARTS for the truth.
THEY FOUND NO PLACE
THEY
THEY,,,,,,,,NOT GOD.....ARE IN QUESTION HERE.

11Consequently God sends on them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false.
12And so all of them who have not believed the truth but have delighted in evil will be condemned.

Again, God explains HOW TO BE SAVED, let's invert the above to the positive....

THOSE WHO BELIEVED THE TRUTH WILL BE SAVED.
THOSE WHO BELIEVED

NOT: Those whom God chose to be saved.

NOW the negative as in the verse:
Those who HAVE NOT BELIEVED the truth and delight in evil, will be condemned.

Nowhere do I read that God is doing any choosing.
It states that those who believe in the truth will be saved.
Those who do not believe and delight in evil will be condemned.

Perhaps you could take the time to explain how the above states that GOD IS CHOOSING those that are saved and those that are lost.

Please be specific....because it just is not there.

13But we ought to thank God always for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

God chose us from the beginning,,,,,see Genesis 3:15.....
to be saved THROUGH SANCTIFICATION BY THE SPIRIT.

The chosen is referring to HOW God CHOSE to save us.
You do believe Jesus atoned for our sins do you not?
This is God's plan for salvation.
HOW
not
WHO

14He called you to this salvation through our gospel, so that you may possess the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is serious.
In verse 14 it states that God chose us to salvation THROUGH THE GOSPEL.....

NOT through God CHOOSING WHO will be saved,
but, as usual HOW to be saved.

Having been chosen by God to Salvation brings with it #1Sanctification of the Spirit and #2 belief of the Truth which is Faith. Why are some chosen and others not ? Matt 11:25-26

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
I don't understand why you posted Matthew 11:25-26

Jesus says:
COME TO ME ALL YE WHO LABOR AND ARE HEAVY LADEN.
COME TO ME
COME

This denotes free will in the creature.
An action the creature must take.

It does NOT state because they were not chosen by God.
It states that the reason is because THEY FOUND NO PLACE IN THEIR HEARTS for the truth.
THEY FOUND NO PLACE
.... then the next question is ... why did they not find a place in their hearts. You assume free will (though you can't define it). The verse does not state WHY they did no find a place in their hearts.
Why don't you find verses that answer the question: Why people CHOSE to believe (or not).

• Job 41:11 Who has first given to Me, that I should repay him? .... You claim you should be repaid because you gave God belief while the verse strongly infers NO ONE gives God anything
  • Proverbs 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. The verse says God control a man's plan, you say you do in regard to salvation
  • Jeremiah 10:23 O Lord [pleads Jeremiah in the name of the people], I know that [the determination of] the way of a man is not in himself; it is not in man [even in a strong man or in a man at his best] to direct his [own] steps. You disagree with this verse as you figure you direct your own steps in regard to salvation
  • Matthew 11:27 All things have been entrusted and delivered to Me by My Father; and no one fully knows and accurately understands the Son except the Father, and no one fully knows and accurately understands the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son deliberately wills to make Him known. It clearly says that the Son will who will be known by the Father. You claim you do it by yourself
  • John 1:12 But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the authority (power, privilege, right) to become the children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name— 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh [the flesh is carnal and flesh always lusteth against the Spirit], nor of the will of man, but of GOD. The verse says we are saved by God's will and then goes on for people like you who think you saved yourself to state that you are not saved by your will
  • John 6:29 Jesus answered, “This is the work of God: that you believe. It plainly says that belief is a work and the work is done by God. You claim the work is partially yours. You believe in works salvation. Galatians warns against people who think they can save themselves by works
  • John 6:37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. [the action is the Father giving to the Son; believers are not involved in the transaction save their coming is the result of the Father’s action
  • John 6:63 The Spirit is the one who gives life; human nature is of no help! LOL... the verse cannot be true for your human nature helped you give yourself life.... congrats
  • Romans 9:16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion [nations cannot “will” or “exert”], but on God, who has mercy. Refers to salvation via spiritual children of Abraham in v.8) Yet, you contradict the verse and say your free will determined your salvation.

yada, yada, yada

All you have is verses where a person decides to believe but you never think more deeply as to the REASON WHY YOU BELIEVED.

GodsGrace

Correct, and who doeth truth except one who has been regenerated ?Thats who comes to the light, which manifests they have been wrought on by God

Do you think an unregenerate sinner, dead in sin,who loves darkness rather than light, all the sudden begin to practice the truth and comes to the light ??
If the allure of darkness no longer holds any power over them, they will.

If the allure of darkness no longer holds any power over them, they will.
impossible if they're unregenerate, in fact the unregenerate are darkness, they love what they are. Eph 5 8

8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: And so as Jesus says man by nature:

Jn 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back