Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

3 big reasons why people of ALL faiths should Love Jesus!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
S

Soma-Sight

1. Jesus came in the name of Divine Truth and not Codified religious dogma. He came to free people from man - made legalistic doctrines into the True presence of God free from sepratism and ego.

2. Jesus was all about healing, growth, and expansive consciousness. If you were blind your whole life and all of a sudden were able to see you would have been healed of your affliction, you would grow into the knowledge of God as pure Love, and your consciousness would expand to able to percieve that which was "hidden" or "occultic" before.

3. Jesus was human. He had doubts about His own Divinity (look to the Garden of Gethsemane). Not only did He doubt His own path, he sweated blood over it! He had to have FAITH just like any other person does in the Ultimate Goal which is Union with the Divine and perfect clarity.

These three reasons lead the seeker to a new understanding of the Christ Jesus and are good examples that we all can learn from whether Sihk, Hindhu, Bahai, or even a scientific pantheist!

Re: 3 big reasons why people of ALL faiths should Love Jesus

Soma-Sight said:
1. Jesus came in the name of Divine Truth and not Codified religious dogma. He came to free people from man - made legalistic doctrines into the True presence of God free from sepratism and ego.

That’s is right but some people says He was wrong when he claims exclusivity like "He is the only way"

Soma-Sight said:
Jesus was all about healing, growth, and expansive consciousness. [/b]If you were blind your whole life and all of a sudden were able to see you would have been healed of your affliction, you would grow into the knowledge of God as pure Love, and your consciousness would expand to able to percieve that which was "hidden" or "occultic" before.

Nice imagination Soma, I bet you to show me a proof for the above statement, As i said it was not consciousness but SIN! . I never recall reading from bible that "occultic" is accepted after Jesus!

Soma-Sight said:
3. Jesus was human. He had doubts about His own Divinity (look to the Garden of Gethsemane). Not only did He doubt His own path, he sweated blood over it! He had to have FAITH just like any other person does in the Ultimate Goal which is Union with the Divine and perfect clarity.

These three reasons lead the seeker to a new understanding of the Christ Jesus and are good examples that we all can learn from whether Sihk, Hindhu, Bahai, or even a scientific pantheist!

If Jesus was human then how come the following verse?

Re 22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

The ultimate goal is not union but communion

Jesus is full man and full God, Don’t try to link Christianity with Pantheism, It is not a sustainable and logical position. It is just your wishful thinking because you want to enjoy the free road to heaven (such as reincarnation and karma)

Mt 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it"

Jesus is full man and full God, Don’t try to link Christianity with Pantheism, It is not a sustainable and logical position. It is just your wishful thinking because you want to enjoy the free road to heaven (such as reincarnation and karma)

(How is reincarantion a free road to Heaven? That is GRACE BY FAITH my friend)

Anyways..........

If Jesus KNEW HE was God than there was NO STRUGGLE!

If HE KNEW He was God than there was no REAL SACRIFICE!

If HE KNEW all along without any doubt that He was God than it was all play acting! The leaving of the Holy House, the healings, the pain and struggles that were supposed to be TRIALS for the Son of Man.....

And we are left as the dupes.....

Those that believe and those that do not believe......

Because if HE KNEW all along why did He sweat blood and cry out to God to "have this cup lifted from Him"........? Why?......because he had DOUBTS about His own Divinity....

Yes Christ had doubt in his paranoic vision that was the Son of God! This is evident in scripture and makes His path even more succulent for the believer and non believer alike to inquire into.

Jesus WAS MAN that BECAME GOD through the intense Faith He had in the paranoic vision!
[/list]

Well , You don't seem to refute first 2 points but take the third one alone

Soma-Sight said:
(How is reincarantion a free road to Heaven? That is GRACE BY FAITH my friend)

How come reincarnation and grace combined? , Don't you read my ID it is 'Karma to Grace'! Grace and Karma (of course reincarnation) will cancel each other. If reincarnation and Karma are true then my Salvation or the upward shift in the spiritual ladder is a wage NOT grace, since I did good (?) works i got salvation, It is my right!

Grace is ONLY from Jesus , He gave us salvation (Which none of us deserve) through His blood

Soma-Sight said:
Anyways..........

If Jesus KNEW HE was God than there was NO STRUGGLE!

If HE KNEW He was God than there was no REAL SACRIFICE!

If HE KNEW all along without any doubt that He was God than it was all play acting! The leaving of the Holy House, the healings, the pain and struggles that were supposed to be TRIALS for the Son of Man.....

And we are left as the dupes.....

Those that believe and those that do not believe......

Because if HE KNEW all along why did He sweat blood and cry out to God to "have this cup lifted from Him"........? Why?......because he had DOUBTS about His own Divinity....

Yes Christ had doubt in his paranoic vision that was the Son of God! This is evident in scripture and makes His path even more succulent for the believer and non believer alike to inquire into.

Jesus WAS MAN that BECAME GOD through the intense Faith He had in the paranoic vision!
[/list]

Christ is full God and full man, This is called 'hypostatic union' . As a man He was able die for our sins, As God He was able to live a sinless life

Let me quote again from CS Lewis on 'Mere Christianity'

" have heard some people complain that if Jesus was God as well as man, then His sufferings and death lose all value in their eyes, 'because it must have been so easy for him': Others may (very rightly) rebuke the ingratitude and ungraciousness of this objection; what staggers me is the misunderstanding it betrays. In one sense, of course, those who make it are right. They have even understated their own case. The perfect submission, the perfect suffering, the perfect death were not only easier to Jesus because He was God, but were possible only because He was God. But surely that is a very odd reason for not accepting them? The teacher is able to form the letters for the child because the teacher is grown-up and knows how to write. That, of course, makes it easier for the teacher; and only because it is easier for him can he help the child. If it rejected him because 'it's easy for grown-ups' and waited to learn writing from another child who could not write itself (and so had no 'unfair' advantage), it would not get on very quickly. If I am drowning in a rapid river, a man who still has one foot on the bank may give me a hand which saves my life. Ought I to shout back (between my gasps) 'No, it's not fair! You have an advantage! You're keeping one foot on the bank'? That advantage--call it 'unfair' if you like--is the only reason why he can be of any use to me. To what will you look for help if you will not look to that which is stronger than yourself?"

Karma 2 Grace....

DO you think the new Narnia movie is ok for a Christian to see???

How is it different than Harry Potter or other fantasy novels?

Why people of all faiths should place their faith in Christ and become a
"new creature"

1.Jesus came to set men free from sin through faith in Him.

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Jesus was very concerned about sound doctrine

Matthew 7:28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

Matthew 16:12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

2. Jesus was all about teaching people to have faith in Him and to come to a saving knowledge of the truth.

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

3. Jesus was God manifest in the flesh. All who say otherwise are either deceived, liars or both who want to create their own twisted version of Jesus.

There are many reasons these twice dead deceivers want to do this.

Some want to continue in their perversions and feel "religious" while they do it. Drugs, sex etc.

Others simply hate God the bible and His Son.

Jesus knew who He was.

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

John 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

The Sikh, Hindu, Bahai, or even a scientific pantheist must repent and turn from their idols and from worshipping the God of this world and turn to Jesus for salvation.

Those who teach otherwise are deceived or out right liars according to scripture.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

Good post BB,

It is interesting to note that the majority of your post has references to the Gospel of John dated at around 80 AD.....

It is also the ONLY Gospel that uses the term "Only Begotten Son"......

The Gospel of John was the last to be written and uses the most exclusivistic language of the four.....

Anyways I agree with what you are saying here for the most part.....

Back