Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] 300,000 year old fossils of Homo Sapiens found

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You're right, directly speaking. It does list events and times and genealogies though so it is possible to get in the ball park I think. There was creation, then about 2000 years, then the flood, then another 2000 or so years until Jesus came. We're now at slightly more than 2000 years since Jesus's generation so we have completed 6 days (on the heavenly calendar), so that makes us early in the morning on the 7th day since creation, or early in the morning of the 3rd day, from Jesus's resurrection! Both days speak prophetically. This is going to be an exciting day.
A few assumptions in there. The genealogies are known to have gaps due to the purpose of the authors; they were never intended to tell a full history so that we could arrive at the age of the earth, never mind how long man has been on the earth.

As for your "heavenly calendar," where do you get that idea from?

A few assumptions in there. The genealogies are known to have gaps due to the purpose of the authors; they were never intended to tell a full history so that we could arrive at the age of the earth, never mind how long man has been on the earth.

As for your "heavenly calendar," where do you get that idea from?

From the scripture that says that 1000 years is but a day unto the Lord. There prolly is some gaps. God doesn't want us to be able to know exact dates from how it appears. We know times and seasons. He prolly did that on purpose so no date setting was possible, lo.. All we know is that earth is somewhere around 6 thousand years old. Or 13 billion or whatever depending on who you believe. But according to scripture, we should now be early in the morning of the seventh day...that's huge in itself.

From the scripture that says that 1000 years is but a day unto the Lord.
Those are figures of speech. They do not literally mean that a day for God is a thousand years of our time.

There prolly is some gaps. God doesn't want us to be able to know exact dates from how it appears. We know times and seasons. He prolly did that on purpose so no date setting was possible, lo.. All we know is that earth is somewhere around 6 thousand years old. Or 13 billion or whatever depending on who you believe.
But according to Scripture we cannot even say that the earth is around six thousand years old.

But according to scripture, we should now be early in the morning of the seventh day...that's huge in itself.
There is nothing in Scripture to support this notion either.

Those are figures of speech. They do not literally mean that a day for God is a thousand years of our time.

How do you know that? You just decided it to be so or you have anything to back that up? Figure of speech meaning what?

But according to Scripture we cannot even say that the earth is around six thousand years old.

You sure can.

There is nothing in Scripture to support this notion either.

No, I did the math on that myself. I already explained it 6 days...6 thousand years. I don't get your point in saying this is not true. What do you mean? Is there anything that you do believe in scripture? Do you have any edifying to be done in this thread, or are you here just to tear people down?

OK
Based on what evidence?
I pretty much believe what Cygnus posted in post #16. There is a documentary called "Is Genesis History?" on Netflix that explains what I believe. Dr. Ken Ham confirms what I believe also.
  • Ken Ham - creation.com
    creation.com/ken-ham

Ken Ham. Answers in Genesis, USA. Mr Ham is founder and president of Answers in Genesis (USA), in northern Kentucky.
  • I take the Bible literally.

I pretty much believe what Cygnus posted in post #16. There is a documentary called "Is Genesis History?" on Netflix that explains what I believe. Dr. Ken Ham confirms what I believe also.
  • Ken Ham - creation.com
    creation.com/ken-ham

Ken Ham. Answers in Genesis, USA. Mr Ham is founder and president of Answers in Genesis (USA), in northern Kentucky.
  • I take the Bible literally.
I saw the "Is Genesis History?" movie when it came out in the theaters. I took a friend who never heard the YEC side....He was amazed.

I take the Bible literally.
OK
So, bottom line, that is your evidence.

Jesus said, (John 6:53-57) “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me."
So I assume that you take that literally. Yes?

iakov the fool

OK

Jesus said, (John 6:53-57) “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me."

iakov the fool

Jim, do you seriously don't know what take the Bible literally means?

How do you know that? You just decided it to be so or you have anything to back that up? Figure of speech meaning what?
Because I know what figures of speech are. I doubt there is any serious scholar that would disagree with what I have stated.

You sure can.
Not with any certainty.

No, I did the math on that myself. I already explained it 6 days...6 thousand years. I don't get your point in saying this is not true. What do you mean?
Because you are basing it on unsupported assumptions, which makes your math highly speculative.

Is there anything that you do believe in scripture? Do you have any edifying to be done in this thread, or are you here just to tear people down?
I believe everything in Scripture. This has nothing to do with edifying or tearing people down. Bad theology is bad theology and it needs to be dealt with.

OK

iakov the fool
Yes, I take it literally. The body and blood of Christ sustains eternal life and I feed on His word and deed that feeds me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back