Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

567 Christians reconverted to Hinduism. How do u respond?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
S

Soma-Sight

For a born againer how do you respond to an event like this???? Poor preaching or lack of Spirit??? Other factors????

567 tribals reconverted to Hinduism in Orissa district

Publish Date : 5/3/2005 1:39:00 PM Source : South Asia News Onlypunjab.com

Around 567 people belonging to 122 families today re-embraced Hinduism in a function organised by the Vishwa Hindu Parishad in Bargadh district of Orissa.

These people who had earlier converted to Christianity say that thje promises made to them during the conversion, were never fulfilled.

Conversion has always been an emotive issue in Orissa. Hindu organisations have been accusing the Christian missionaries of luring the tribals into Christianity by Promising them money.

In the recent time, various Sangh Parivar outfits have struck back with a vengeance reconverting various converted individuals back into Hinduism.

"They said that many Christians traits have been ingrained in them and they said that they want to leave those traits. They further said that they want to accept the Hindu religion of their fore-fathers. They came to us and our workers gathered them and we arranged for their home coming after a religious function," said Dharam N Sharma, Secretary Vishwa Hindu Parishad.

Those whio returned to the fold of Hinduism have accused the Christian missionaries of reneging on the promises made during their early conversion.

"They promise us money and jobs and lure us into conversion. We have clarified that we do not need them. We are Indians and will remain as Hindus," said Balram Nath, a local who returned to Hinduism.

The function was marked with religious ablution of those who reconverted. The organisers tied holy strands on the converts to mark their return into the Hinduism. (ANI)

http://www.hindunet.com/forum/showflat. ... o=&fpart=1

This is how I respond, someone who is TRULY saved. believed in their HEART. Someone hwo had no doubt, that Jesus died for THEM. and didnt just 'try it out' or 'for promises' will never convert back.

Oh I don't think God needs that type of person in heaven, do you Soma? What a bunch of wimps.

I'm noticing a distinct lack of criticism for the missionaries who attempted to bribe people into converting, potentially driving them away from Christianity forever. Interesting.

Why not? we preach this better way and then toss them into a sytem of bondage worse then before.

The problem is that as Church we have forgoten what it means to be the church and let the institution burrden and break people.

Solo said:
Oh I don't think God needs that type of person in heaven, do you Soma? What a bunch of wimps.

Solo, that's a poor point to be made. God doesn't need a single one of us in His Paradise.

Julian said all that needs to be said. If they truly had believed, they would not have given up on that belief.

Thanatos said:
I'm noticing a distinct lack of criticism for the missionaries who attempted to bribe people into converting, potentially driving them away from Christianity forever. Interesting.

It may be a possibility, but can you say for sure it's the missionaires fault? There's more to it than pointing fingers. Perhaps these missionaires pushed for a conversion that wasn't true, but I don't know that. I know that 567 pople are reported to have given up on Christ, and we Christians need to be sure that we aren't converting numbers, but people. 8-)

If they saw their sinful lives before a holy God, they wouldn't convert back.

That is where the Church has failed Jesus. No more preaching of sin and judgment.

It is all "Jesus will make your life better and He will prosper you."

Timothy said:
Solo said:

Solo, that's a poor point to be made. God doesn't need a single one of us in His Paradise.

Julian said all that needs to be said. If they truly had believed, they would not have given up on that belief.
Amen Timothy. I am fully with you on this one.

And furthermore, what is "that kind of person?" Sounds a lot like superiority in action. I think God loves every "kind" of person and wants them all to come home, not just an elite group.

I believe that Jesus has the power to reach each of them.

Whoever said the post on sin preaching, whoever said tehre is no church like that? I attend a church that preaches on it sometimes. Just do some church searching. :)

Julian, Bonsai is speaking of General Christianity. Too Many Churchs don't want to offend it's paritioners with God honest truth. Sin is wrong, and I feel that must at least be a regular underlying theme to any sermon. If Our goal is to preach Christ, than we must first help the lost recognize their sins. Only when they repent of these sins, will they be able to truly follow Christ. 8-)

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

They were never saved. The promise given by them was not the gospel of Jesus Christ...

25 And this is the promise that He has promised us--eternal life.

Timothy said:
Solo said:

I think the Bible makes that point. The Bible says that the pigs will return to wallow and the dogs return to their vomit. All those that are not born again will not be in the kingdom of God, but those that are born again will be. I don't believe that speaking the truth that God doesn't need an unbelieving type in heaven is wrong, do you?

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire. 2 Peter 1:20-22

[color]12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. 16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. [/color] Revelation 22:12-16

Lyric's Dad said:
Timothy said:
Solo said:

And furthermore, what is "that kind of person?" Sounds a lot like superiority in action. I think God loves every "kind" of person and wants them all to come home, not just an elite group.

You need to read up on God's judgment and the damnation that those that don't believe will participate in. If you can not warn people of the evil that they are mixed up with, then you are not following Jesus example. How much did Jesus preach about hell?
Did Jesus speak to the hypocrites and vipers more of God's love, or more of God's justice?

God does not need, nor will he have any unbelievers in the Kingdom of God. If individuals turn from belief in Jesus Christ, then they are not going to the kingdom of God. Plain and simple. Anyone who refuses to obey God and believe in him is a wimp in my book. In Jesus' book they are considered hypocrites and vipers.

Bonsai said:
If they saw their sinful lives before a holy God, they wouldn't convert back.

That is where the Church has failed Jesus. No more preaching of sin and judgment.

It is all "Jesus will make your life better and He will prosper you."

Agreed. Good insight.

Solo said:
Timothy said:
Solo said:

I think the Bible makes that point. The Bible says that the pigs will return to wallow and the dogs return to their vomit. All those that are not born again will not be in the kingdom of God, but those that are born again will be. I don't believe that speaking the truth that God doesn't need an unbelieving type in heaven is wrong, do you?

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire. 2 Peter 1:20-22

[color]12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. 16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. [/color] Revelation 22:12-16

Solo, Do you still sin? What I pointed out is that by your wording, God needs us in Heaven, and that just isn't the case.

Solo, Romans 3:23 says we all have sinned, and 6:23 says the wages of sin is death. Meaning each of us has merited Death, you and I included.

So to your question. I do think saying God doesn't need the lost in his paradise is wrong. This is because God wants all to be saved Speaking in such an unloving tone does not encourage one to salvation, and does not adhere to what is taught in Ephesians 4:29

Solo said:
Lyric's Dad said:
Timothy said:
Solo said:

How much did Jesus talk about hell? According to the KJV, a lot. According to accurate translations though, none. Gehenna stopped burning a LONG time ago and is now a beautiful park.

You need to read up on God's judgment and the damnation that those that don't believe will participate in. If you can not warn people of the evil that they are mixed up with, then you are not following Jesus example. How much did Jesus preach about hell?
Did Jesus speak to the hypocrites and vipers more of God's love, or more of God's justice?

God does not need, nor will he have any unbelievers in the Kingdom of God. If individuals turn from belief in Jesus Christ, then they are not going to the kingdom of God. Plain and simple. Anyone who refuses to obey God and believe in him is a wimp in my book. In Jesus' book they are considered hypocrites and vipers.

Timothy said:
Solo said:
Timothy said:
Solo said:

Solo, Do you still sin? What I pointed out is that by your wording, God needs us in Heaven, and that just isn't the case.

Solo, Romans 3:23 says we all have sinned, and 6:23 says the wages of sin is death. Meaning each of us has merited Death, you and I included.

So to your question. I do think saying God doesn't need the lost in his paradise is wrong. This is because God wants all to be saved Speaking in such an unloving tone does not encourage one to salvation, and does not adhere to what is taught in Ephesians 4:29
Hey you are correct. God does not need anyone in heaven. I should have said that God did not WANT that type in heaven. They must be the vessels of dishonor that the scriptures talk about. It seems that many just go to church, churches, Christian places for handouts or what they can freely give to their flesh while not being the good ground that Jesus speaks about in his parable of the sower.

All are sinners, but not all are chosen. It is not even clear whether any of those Hindus were called. They may have been, but they evidently prioritized their personal wants and desires to that of the Lord God.

Solo said:
I should have said that God did not WANT that type in heaven. They must be the vessels of dishonor that the scriptures talk about. It seems that many just go to church, churches, Christian places for handouts or what they can freely give to their flesh while not being the good ground that Jesus speaks about in his parable of the sower.

You are talking about people living in poverty, who it seems could well have been manipulated into conversion by Christians. That you want to portray them as a bunch of freeloader's is sick in my view.

DivineNames said:
Solo said:
I should have said that God did not WANT that type in heaven. They must be the vessels of dishonor that the scriptures talk about. It seems that many just go to church, churches, Christian places for handouts or what they can freely give to their flesh while not being the good ground that Jesus speaks about in his parable of the sower.

You are talking about people living in poverty, who it seems could well have been manipulated into conversion by Christians. That you want to portray them as a bunch of freeloader's is sick in my view.

I would expect that if they were so needy they would want to go to the one who provides all things to all people instead of Hindu babble. I guess they were phonies and did not have the guts to stand up for the truth. That and your opinion makes me sick so we are even.

PS The lukewarm Church at Laodocea makes the Lord Jesus sick as well.

Back