Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

95% of Christians...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

The Sunday School teacher quoted someone's statement and saying it is probably true. The statemet says that (I can't remeber the exact words): "95 % of Christian will live their whole lives without having a single convert...except maybe their children"

Scary.

Edit:
The original quote: "95% of Christians will never in their lifetimes lead another person to salvation except maybe their children.",

which I think is more scarier than my paraphrase

Last edited:
what's more scary is that even their children will most likely not be saved, though thankfully some may be as Yhwh is merciful.
(if 95% refers to those in the world who use the name 'Christian', and not to those who are true Christians. Among the true Christians, a much better result is obtained)

Classik A question i ask often.... How many Christians were in the world 2000+ years ago.

Jesus is not a looser He is the Victor... His Cross was not in vain... His Cross was/is Gods plan from the foundations of this world...(Rev 13:8 ) God is not a looser...

Rev_7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

In Christianity, History of Italy, Roman Empire
How many Christians were there in the Roman Empire?

Dick Harfield
Answered First
Answer
No precise figures survive, but best estimates are: § Considerably fewer than 10,000 Christians in 100 CE; § About 200,000 Christians in 200 CE, in several hundred towns. § About 6 million Christians in 300 CE, out of a total population of around 60 million.

Classik A question i ask often.... How many Christians were in the world 2000+ years ago.

Jesus is not a looser He is the Victor... His Cross was not in vain... His Cross was/is Gods plan from the foundations of this world...(Rev 13:8 ) God is not a looser...

Rev_7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
:thumbsup
My peace has been restored.
Christ is never a loser

The original quote: "95% of Christians will never in their lifetimes lead another person to salvation except maybe their children.",

Luke 15
1 Then all the tax collectors and the sinners drew near to Him to hear Him.
2 And the Pharisees and scribes complained, saying, “This Man receives sinners and eats with them.”
3 So He spoke this parable to them, saying:

4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?
5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’
7 I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

Wondering how that is measured... Classik you never know how many seeds you have planted with you many many MANY threads... We dont need to make folks 'our" disciples.. Just plant the seed
OUCH ! You just tromped on a WHOLE BUNCH of toes.

First of all we can not save anyone.We can spread the Word of God.Then God takes over.Only God can change the heart.We need to Minister with kindness and respect.We do not want to cram the Word of God down anyone's throat.That only turns people off.

Jude 1:23Amplified Bible (AMP)
23 [Strive to] save others, snatching [them] out of [the] fire; on others take pity [but] with fear, loathing even the garment spotted by the flesh and polluted by their sensuality.

God is not slack in His promises of His word. Don’t discount the power of God to save those He foreknew.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?

Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Has anyone read of a nation born at once? What of Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance. Nothing is hard for our God and even when we do testify in word or deed, it is God’s responsibility to bring it to fruition. However it works out, one sows, another water, but it is God that gives the increase.

God is not slack in His promises of His word. Don’t discount the power of God to save those He foreknew.

:thumbsup

Isaiah 65
1 “I was sought by those who did not ask for Me;
I was found by those who did not seek Me.

I said, ‘Here I am, here I am,’
To a nation that was not called by My name.

The scripture tells us that only the Christians who has developed the fruit of kindness will have favor with God and man.

My child,[a] never forget the things I have taught you.
Store my commands in your heart.
2 If you do this, you will live many years,
and your life will be satisfying.
3 Never let loyalty and kindness leave you!
Tie them around your neck as a reminder.
Write them deep within your heart.
4 Then you will find favor with both God and people,
and you will earn a good reputation.
Proverbs 3:1-4 NLT

I don't believe it comes down to leading a person to salvation, but to plant the seed by spreading the Word and treating everyone, even strangers as your brother or sister in Christ.

The Sunday School teacher quoted someone's statement and saying it is probably true. The statemet says that (I can't remeber the exact words): "95 % of Christian will live their whole lives without having a single convert...except maybe their children"

Scary.

Edit:

That's not scary at all.

And he gave some to be apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers (Eph. 4:11 ASV)
Only some are evangelists. People are made to feel guilty because they don't do something that God never called them to do. According to preaching commonly heard today, everybody is supposed to be an evangelist (usually worded as "do the work of an evangelist), everybody is supposed to be a prayer warrior and spend hours in prayer every day, everybody is supposed to visit the sick and of course and so on and so on. But that's not what the Bible teaches. Each individual Christian is a member of Christ's body. Not all body parts have the same function. When I realized that and that God hadn't called me to be an evangelist, prayer warrior or to visit the sick, I stopped feeling guilty and was free to ask God what He had called me to do. If you never lead another person to Christ, don't worry about it. Do what God called you to do, not what somebody else says He called you to do.

The TOG​

good point.

however, still 'scary' what Scripture says >> 95%** of Christians(on earth called Christians and think themselves to be) when facing the Judge on Judgment Day are told "be gone". THAT'S SCARY!(work out your salvation with fear and trampling).......

**estimate, not quote. others may think 'multitudes' is higher or lower percentage.

Matthew 7:23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you ...
... 'I never knew you. Away from me, ... as multitudes do, ... as mine, as belonging to me; I never approved of you, ...

That's not scary at all.

And he gave some to be apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers (Eph. 4:11 ASV)
Only some are evangelists. People are made to feel guilty because they don't do something that God never called them to do. According to preaching commonly heard today, everybody is supposed to be an evangelist (usually worded as "do the work of an evangelist), everybody is supposed to be a prayer warrior and spend hours in prayer every day, everybody is supposed to visit the sick and of course and so on and so on. But that's not what the Bible teaches. Each individual Christian is a member of Christ's body. Not all body parts have the same function. When I realized that and that God hadn't called me to be an evangelist, prayer warrior or to visit the sick, I stopped feeling guilty and was free to ask God what He had called me to do. If you never lead another person to Christ, don't worry about it. Do what God called you to do, not what somebody else says He called you to do.

The TOG​
I think it is a command to Preach the Gospel to all Creation.

Back