Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A. A. (Apostolic Authority)

apostolic authority

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
As you know, i am at work, Sco, and can't get in to this the way I want---after all, I can't remember EVERYTHING. But, I have an idea I'd like to share with you:

I think your obsession with Catholicism and Orthodoxy is because you, in one way or another, have one foot still in there, despite your Scofieldian dispensationalism. You still keep an icon of St. Somebody on your desk, and this is a lot of what you harp on. As Shakespeare once said:

"Methinks thou dost protest too much."

2Tim 2:2 You have heard everything that I teach in public; hand it on to reliable people so that they in turn will be able to teach others.

Paul's work is to be continued.

Acts 15:24 We hear that some of our members have disturbed you with their demands and have unsettled your minds. They acted without any authority from us; (suggesting that some act with authority from them).

Ti 2:15 Now this is what you are to say, whether you are giving instruction or correcting errors; you can do so with full authority, and no one is to question it.

Paul gives Titus full authority.

Acts:
6:3 you, brothers, must select from among yourselves seven men of good reputation, filled with the Spirit and with wisdom; we will hand over this duty to them,
6:4 and continue to devote ourselves to prayer and to the service of the word'.
6:5 The whole assembly approved of this proposal and elected Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, together with Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolaus of Antioch, a convert to Judaism.
6:6 They presented these to the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them.

Duties handed over by the apostles as the number of disciples increased.

1Thes:
5:12 We appeal to you, my brothers, to be considerate to those who are working amongst you and are above you in the Lord as your teachers.
5:13 Have the greatest respect and affection for them because of their work.

Teachers are given authority and are to be respected.

God Bless

Tobael

Steve said:
I think your obsession with Catholicism and Orthodoxy is because you, in one way or another, have one foot still in there, despite your Scofieldian dispensationalism. You still keep an icon of St. Somebody on your desk, and this is a lot of what you harp on.

I took the Icon of St. Nektarios down a short while ago. I forgot I even had.

Back