Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A Biblical Example

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Are there any passages in the Bible that give an account of someone asking the departed for anything at all? Does anyone here know of anything like that being practiced by any body mentioned in the Bible?

If there are scriptures that deal with this would someone please post them for me?

There is only one example in the entire Bible in 1 Samuel 28:7-20, when God allowed the witch of Endor to summon the dead prophet Samuel in order to give King Saul the news of his coming defeat and death.

ronniechoate34 said:
Are there any passages in the Bible that give an account of someone asking the departed for anything at all? Does anyone here know of anything like that being practiced by any body mentioned in the Bible?

If there are scriptures that deal with this would someone please post them for me?
It's not the departed, but the deuterocanonical book of Tobit speaks of the angel Raphael presenting the prayers of Tobit and Sarah to the Lord. Tobit 12:12

Westtexas

When I was little, I used to think people who I knew who passed on, would look upon me and be disappointed by what I was doing if I were doing something wrong. Through personal growth, studying scripture, etc. I have come to believe any such thought lends to the notion that they have omnipresence which only God has. I'm not picking on Catholics, because others I suppose might do similarly, but this is why I would never pray to saints or Mary, or anyone but He who has omnipresence. I absolutely know this isn't wasted prayer, while I'm 99.9% sure prayer to anyone else is.

Matt 17:1-3, 1 And after six days Jesus took with him Peter and James, and John his brother, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 2 And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became white as light. 3 And behold, there appeared to them Moses and Elijah, talking with him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back