Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A calling to be a male model

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Womble

Hi , I'm new to this site , as a christin guy in my 50s I believe I'm being called to be male model , at first I just laughed when I thought Jesus called me to this as I think I'm just an ordinary looking guy and then thought , maybe Jesus meant role , but I didn't get that impression, so I said okay Lord confirm it please by a scripture and I received " Behold I make all things new" I knew this was in Isiah but had to look it up , and because has done a lot in the past healing my self esteem and done some work blessing me physically , how do you think I should proceed , to me I only want to do the Lord's work so others might know him , am I wrong or where should I go from here?

Hi , I'm new to this site , as a christin guy in my 50s I believe I'm being called to be male model , at first I just laughed when I thought Jesus called me to this as I think I'm just an ordinary looking guy and then thought , maybe Jesus meant role , but I didn't get that impression, so I said okay Lord confirm it please by a scripture and I received " Behold I make all things new" I knew this was in Isiah but had to look it up , and because has done a lot in the past healing my self esteem and done some work blessing me physically , how do you think I should proceed , to me I only want to do the Lord's work so others might know him , am I wrong or where should I go from here?

You're wrong. Nothing you've explained suggests God has "called" you to be a male model. A "calling" from God is for the purposes of fulfilling His will, which will has an eternal, spiritual aim, not to model clothing, or sports equipment, or whatever.

Do you know what God's priorities are for all of His children? Are you living in careful accord with them? If not, you can be sure God is not calling you to anything. He cannot put to His good, eternal purposes vessels that are not "sanctified and prepared for His use." (2 Timothy 2:21)

It is also a terrible abuse of God's word to apply to yourself passages in it that are for a specific time, person and/or group. "Behold, I make all things new" isn't in the Book of Isaiah, as you supposed, but in John's Revelation (Revelation 21:5). It is a statement Jesus makes after the world is remade by him and a new heaven and new earth are established. It is not a promise to you personally, but a descriptive statement by Jesus about his work in making "all things (heaven and earth) new." How in the world, then, have you bent these words of Jesus about what he's done into some sort of "calling from God"?

Hey All,
This is a new one. In fact, I question if this is a real person. No offense if you are and I will answer in a minute Womble. The site recently has had AI acting as real people infiltrate it. You can understand I don't want to fall trap to answering an AI question that helps further nobody's understanding.

Tenchi covered it well.

I would just add this. Take a look at
Acts 9:1-31.
That is a calling.
Saul was the Jewish equivalent of a bounty hunter. He was going to Damascus to quell this Christian uprising. It wasn't a strong urge that made Saul fall to the earth. ( You know that's nice King James talk for Saul got knocked off his @$$.)
Saul's reaction was not, "Well I don't know if that was really the Lord."

I will let you look it for further explanation.

Simple answer: If you can't tell, it ain't!

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back