Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A Cappella

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
That was good Willie. Thanks brother. :)

I see that as I get older that my musical tastes are changing. I couldn't listen to music like this 15 years ago. Now it's good. These guys are musicians.

:clap:rocking:clap

This one is my all-time favorite......... done the way it was done in my old church.

Songs like this one are the one thing I do miss about the CoC......

Here's 150 more......

Last edited:
I looked up their coverage map. They just barely reach the center of the state.
Thanks, though.

can't open the videos, but I love A Capella especially in group when the harmonizing sounds like music when all are in perfect pitch. It brings the words of the songs so much alive to me especially in the old hymns.

Would any collection ever be complete without THIS one?

It's a talent worth acknowledging, but it's too doowoppy.

Funny as it is, I used to hate rap, but now I listen to Christian rap.

It's a talent worth acknowledging, but it's too doowoppy.

Funny as it is, I used to hate rap, but now I listen to Christian rap.
I've heard a little bit lately that is pretty decent. I hated rap too.

Not to hijack your thread, brother Willie...

I love a capella. I listen to it fairly often, everything from the classic Protestant hymns to old Russian Orthodox chant. Chills from head to toe. An ambience of holiness.

Last edited:
Surprisingly, there really IS Christian Doo Wop. Here is the intro song to one of the albums I have... and some others, too.
Basically, on other songs, what Santos does is take the old songs, and rework them with Christian words.
Santos works with Calvary Chapel. http://www.santosministries.org/

I guess I am kind of different from a lot of Christians in that I don't tend to compartmentalize my life.

I grew up on Rock n' Roll and Doo Wop. I love the music and the tempo. And instead of seeing "Christian" music as a separate and distinctly different sound, set apart from the music I love, when Jesus is sung about in the style I really get into, it actually means more to me than many of the contemporary Christian songs we sing in church.

we have had our paster do that. its also called barbershop quartets.
Sorry, Doo Wop is worlds away from Barber Shop. But, I guess, to younger ears, they might sound similar. Check out my post #13 for the Doo Wop sound.

Blake, no disrespect intended, but if I though I would only get to hear either of those two sounds you posted in Heaven......... I'm not all that sure I'd want to go.

I guess I'm just a key of G Major dinosaur .... maybe diminish it a little, please... with a driving 4/4 backbeat. (LOVE a double-kick bass)

(To you non music folks.... that's a range of sound the human ear most comfortably responds to, with a soul-shaking undertone.)
Blake, it might be the reason you like the orthodox chants.... it really is sort of similar.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back