Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A christian morpg in the works!!!!!!!!!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
G

gdmacd

This is copied from the official website.

Have u ever wanted to explore a new world?
How about defeat evil?
Perhaps u just play rpg`s to lvl your character up to the maximum level?
Now u can do that and more in "Spirit Seek",an rpg made for those who like to play online games and grow spiritually.

Fite against the hordes of darkness.
Choose out of 4 classes.
Create up to 3 characters to use.
Level up your character or characters to the max level(500).
Chat to other online users.
Trade with other online users.
Do a ton of quests.
Purchase tons of items including helmets,weapons,shield,armors and more.
Find all the Spirit items.
Use hundred of weapons and armors such as the soul blade,power shield,blessed helm,holy bow,etc...
Find rare Spirit collector cards(Cards scattered throughtout Spirit Seek,find em all and get yourself the rarest of all Spirit Seek items.)
Learn bible verses.
Enjoy helpful hints for daily spiritual growth.
And so much more in the world of Spirit Seek!!

First of all,just to let u know.morpg stands for multiplayer online role playing game which is what im making.Its for christians who enjoy playing morpg`s and growing spiritually.Its only just begun but i have a website and a forum for it.I work on the game in my spare time.Heres the links.

The forum!

http://www.createforum.com/phpbb/index. ... rum=gdmacd

The website!

http://www.freewebs.com/spiritseek/

Though it is good that they are starting a game of this genre.

Some actual people who don't think like "Yo noob I guna lvl up", actually roleplay in mmorpg's. With only 4 classes, and not even an option to be a neutral character who's not good, there is no point. If everyones the same, then there is no character development. I usually play a Neutral Good character who though he will spare the life of a fallen enemy, if they wish it, he'll slaughter a horde of evil creatures without second thought, if he needs to, so he can uphold the order of light. Just now though, me and my friend Morg Wolfsong, a druid with his magically awakened worg, assaulted an orc raiding camp, and we were surronded at the edge of a cliff. I found a weapon that my best friends soul inhabits and told me to "Have faith". After an endless wave of cannon fodder orcs, me and Morg jumped off the cliff and landed safely into the water. It was a leap of faith. My best friends soul was guiding me, and levitated above the water, and saved my friend Morg by using a Full Heal spell on him.

If the game goes that in depth with it's system, then it would be the greatest rpg ever made! Hope they have magic users like clerics in this game, who get their divine magic from God himself. Just hope it isn't all warrior classes going "Diablo 2" gameplay on verything that moves.

Still though, as my friends soul told me, and I will tell everyone here, I will "Have faith" in this Christian game. It's a good idea for a game, but there has to be some other force (even if it is not evil), like a mercenary, whos only spreading good for his oen gain, and provide some nice roleplaying while he's at it.

as Dalen said this is a fairly good idea yet the lack of all of the three main alignments makes it utterly pointless. For without evil good cannot exist and neutral charecters are important because not everyone like being a good or evil charecter

For example as a druid i must ultimatly maintain nature's balance and neutrality so i prefur to be as neutral as possible for if i dont i would need to repent to the power of nature for disobaying.

And also is ther an option to have a pet... actualy the term pet implies ownership and i do not beleive in ownership over nature and its creaturse so can you have an animal companion in this game. For example my magicaly awakened wolf named darkfang is a valuable asset to me and my friends because of his magical awakinging he can now speak give tatcial advice and just have small talk with me so you see a companion is verry important

for one thing you should never brag or tell players about the fun of leveling because by the way grinding sucks.

Interesting theories,i was disturbed however by the common words u two used such as magic and druid and spells and such.These link to witchcraft which will have nothing to do with this game.Unfortantly pets wont be in it,:sad.

There will be 4 different classes but no neutral.The point of the game will be to do quests and grow spiritially and theres no way anyone can choose to be evil because this will be a chrsitian game.

Now as for magic and such,there will be powers u have if u choose the mage class,but its god`s power because in the real world,its prayer which is reverting into magic in the Spirit seek world.

register on the official forum to learn more.

the only reason that in the bible it says you cant use withcraft or magic is because back in that time they burned people at the stake or even stoned them for ..."being a witch" so you have no claims agains me and besides do you honestly think anyone would play this game if the point is to
"GROW SPIRITUALLY"???

Edit now that i think about it
many of the things in the bible such as no witchraft were created so the church could gain power by outlawing its compititon (spellcraft.. obviously wasn't real but still it was a religion)
Also what is wrong with the word druid will you please tell me that honestly do you know what a druid is?

gdmacd, i'm sorry if my post came out sounded angry because it wasn't intended to be.

Also though, the mage you describe sounds exactly like a divine magic using cleric, whos magic is given to him by God and not the arcane magic art...

It can't be that bad, as long as it's not a grind-fest...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back