Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A Christian shouldn't get sick.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

I have been a little ill. So my friend met me today and told me it's strange for a Christian to be sick. He says: you have the power to stop that sickness. He went on to say, 'I have not been sick for a very long time now - 'cause I could learn the bible secret to not being sick: faith and prayers.
He's probably right. Was Christ ever sick? Were his disciples sick? They were with the Lord at all times. Why are some of us always with their family doctors and rarely with Christ?

He's probably right. Was Christ ever sick? Were his disciples sick? They were with the Lord at all times. Why are some of us always with their family doctors and rarely with Christ?
Its odd you should post this? I can also testify that I have not been sick in years, and its not because I eat right, but I believe right. Having said that, I know it takes a while for a believer to understand that healing belongs to them just as salvation and the other promises belong to them! I would say that it took a battle in my mind to win the promise for my body. I do believe if the Church whould go back to "true communion" and honor the body of Christ "BY SINCERE FAITH" not all the religious burdens laid on us by tradition. We would see a great amount of healing!:)

<dir>1Co 11:29 (ASV)

For he that eateth and drinketh, eateth and drinketh judgment unto himself, if he discern not the body.

</dir>
1Co 11:30

For this cause many among you are weak and sickly, and not a few sleep.

Now the charge was that many were getting drunk at the "Lords Table" and being pigs and eating while others went without!

Not trying to find every sin possible! that in itself dishonors the Blood by which we are cleansed.

But not seeing and in honor receiving what the Bread-"His Body" and the Wine "His Blood" truly represent!

Paul had his 'thorn in the flesh'.

Paul said to Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach's sake, for his often infirmities.

Job was sick, too; but was granted the grace of patience.

Dear Classik, from my view of this thread I do not see who you quoted.

I would have to disagree with you on this because Christians do get sick and are even told of them in James 5:14," Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord."

And then I read of Paul's fellow worker in the gospel in:

Philippians 2:27 For indeed he (Epaphroditus - a servant of Christ in the gospel) was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

Philippians 2:30 Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.

Surely we cannot be as Job's supposed comforters and find fault with him?

I have a very dear brother in the Lord who made the following statement concerning healing:

If we were to say that a healing came from God, the healing would have had to be instant, complete, permanent, witnessed and testified to. Anything short of this is not from God but from other spirit creatures.

This is not always true for we read in:

Luke 17:14 And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.

2 Kings 5:10 And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean.

God is not subject unto our reasoning. He can use doctors, prayer warriors, and even me and other saints. I know without a doubt that God raised a one year old child from death when I laid hands on him after falling approximately ten feet onto his head; his head was completely sideways and immediately straightened up and he began crying.

In church service an older friend of mine that I took to church had rheumatoid arthritis so bad that a large growth had grown on his wrist and he could no longer use it, plus he hurt so bad that he had to cover with blankets even in the hot summer to generate enough heat to alleviate some of the pain. He was going to be baptized that night and I asked why he didn't ask for healing at the same time. Oh Eugene, I'm not sure I believe in that.

Long story short, I saw and felt the growth before he went forward, he did ask, the preacher prayed, the entire church broke out in praise, and when he put dry clothes on after the baptism he came back to sit with me, and the large hardened lump had disappeared and a small soft swelling only remained. Why? I do not know but within a week it was gone too. He was healed as he went.

Ever read the following? 1 Timothy 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

How about Jeremiah 8:22 "Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?" In actuality the balm is Christ Jesus, and God is not limited in the cure.

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

Paul had his 'thorn in the flesh'.

Paul said to Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach's sake, for his often infirmities.

Job was sick, too; but was granted the grace of patience.

I agree the "Apostle" Paul said he received the "thorn" because he was becoming TOO strong in a sense?

Timothy was drinking dirty water, Paul , encouraged the "wine" to help purify the water he was drinking.

And Job was before "His Stripes" by which we are healed!

Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever! If He healed then all who where oppressed of the devil, He still heals today!:)

<dir>Jas 5:14 (ASV)

Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
</dir>
Jas 5:15

and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, it shall be forgiven him.

If your Church dont heal? find a real one!

Dear Classik, from my view of this thread I do not see who you quoted. I would have to disagree with you on this because Christians do get sick and are even told of them in James 5:14," Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord." And then I read of Paul's fellow worker in the gospel in: Philippians 2:27 For indeed he (Epaphroditus - a servant of Christ in the gospel) was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow. Philippians 2:30 Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me. Surely we cannot be as Job's supposed comforters and find fault with him? I have a very dear brother in the Lord who made the following statement concerning healing: This is not always true for we read in: Luke 17:14 And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed. 2 Kings 5:10 And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean. God is not subject unto our reasoning. He can use doctors, prayer warriors, and even me and other saints. I know without a doubt that God raised a one year old child from death when I laid hands on him after falling approximately ten feet onto his head; his head was completely sideways and immediately straightened up and he began crying. In church service an older friend of mine that I took to church had rheumatoid arthritis so bad that a large growth had grown on his wrist and he could no longer use it, plus he hurt so bad that he had to cover with blankets even in the hot summer to generate enough heat to alleviate some of the pain. He was going to be baptized that night and I asked why he didn't ask for healing at the same time. Oh Eugene, I'm not sure I believe in that. Long story short, I saw and felt the growth before he went forward, he did ask, the preacher prayed, the entire church broke out in praise, and when he put dry clothes on after the baptism he came back to sit with me, and the large hardened lump had disappeared and a small soft swelling only remained. Why? I do not know but within a week it was gone too. He was healed as he went. Ever read the following? 1 Timothy 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities. How about Jeremiah 8:22 "Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?" In actuality the balm is Christ Jesus, and God is not limited in the cure. Blessings in Christ Jesus.
Thanks for your reply. About the quote, I'm the one involved. It's a conversation between my friend and I. [But why didn't Christ and the people with Him get sick?]

<dir>Jas 5:14 (ASV)

Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
</dir>
Jas 5:15

and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, it shall be forgiven him.

If your Church dont heal? find a real one!
:thumbsup

I do believe if the Church whould go back to "true communion" and honor the body of Christ "BY SINCERE FAITH" not all the religious burdens laid on us by tradition. We would see a great amount of healing!:)

<dir>1Co 11:29 (ASV)

For he that eateth and drinketh, eateth and drinketh judgment unto himself, if he discern not the body.

</dir>
1Co 11:30

For this cause many among you are weak and sickly, and not a few sleep.

:amen

That true. People think about the cup, representing the blood of Jesus that takes away our sins, but they completely forget about the bread, which was His body that was broken for our healing. Thats why they were weak, sickly and some dying, because they were not even thinking about what it meant!

I Corinthians 11:23For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered to you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
24And when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me

He willingly gave His back to the smiters just as He laid down His life to be crucified and the resurrected for the forgiveness of sins.

1 Peter 2:24Who his own self bore our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live to righteousness: by whose stripes you were healed

Isaiah 53:5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was on him; and with his stripes we are healed.

People do get sick sometimes but they don't have to just rely on doctors and medicine. Jesus is better, He is the Great Physician, Jehovah Rapha, the Lord our Healer ( http://www.blueletterbible.org/study/misc/name_god.cfm.). Why do we study the Bible? Its so we will know what it says for the purpose o doing it. Be doers of the Word and not hearers only. We apply the Word of God to our lives in all kinds of situations, thats why He gave us the Word, to know how to live in this live. So we also apply the Word of God when it comes to healing

Thanks for your reply. About the quote, I'm the one involved. It's a conversation between my friend and I. [But why didn't Christ and the people with Him get sick?]
Very good question.

You know, when we are in His presence, things are different, and it seems many things change, sometimes instantly :biggrin

Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Dear Brother Classick, the subject in the scripture above is concerning healing, what may the disciples have freely received? Healing? Spiritually for sure, but let's consider the body of Christ Himself. Is it in need of healing? Can the body of Christ indeed need help?

Matthew 25:34-40 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

The apostles were on an appointment with power from on high to show healings, and signs such as we are not commissioned; e.g, we are not to handle snakes as a sign of being a believer. Mark 16:18 "They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." At this time we will know one another by our fruits in Matthew 7:20. On top of all that we do not all receive the same spiritual gifts. I hope this clears it up a bit but if not please challenge it.

God bless you in Jesus' name.

--

I know without a doubt that God raised a one year old child from death when I laid hands on him after falling approximately ten feet onto his head; his head was completely sideways and immediately straightened up and he began crying.

In church service an older friend of mine that I took to church had rheumatoid arthritis so bad that a large growth had grown on his wrist and he could no longer use it, plus he hurt so bad that he had to cover with blankets even in the hot summer to generate enough heat to alleviate some of the pain. He was going to be baptized that night and I asked why he didn't ask for healing at the same time. Oh Eugene, I'm not sure I believe in that.

Long story short, I saw and felt the growth before he went forward, he did ask, the preacher prayed, the entire church broke out in praise, and when he put dry clothes on after the baptism he came back to sit with me, and the large hardened lump had disappeared and a small soft swelling only remained. Why? I do not know but within a week it was gone too. He was healed as he went.

--
Eugene thats awesome! :clap3

Eugene thats awesome! :clap3

Dear Brother or Sister Blev, thank you, but to God be all the glory for we follow an awesome God, even the God of our salvation. Oh how He loves you and me; He gave His life …. Hallelujah and amen. :thumbsup

Dear Brother or Sister Blev, thank you, but to God be all the glory for we follow an awesome God, even the God of our salvation. Oh how He loves you and me; He gave His life …. Hallelujah and amen. :thumbsup
Yes the Lord is our deliverer, our healer, and even raises the dead! He is our everything. Glory to God!

I agree the "Apostle" Paul said he received the "thorn" because he was becoming TOO strong in a sense?

Timothy was drinking dirty water, Paul , encouraged the "wine" to help purify the water he was drinking.

And Job was before "His Stripes" by which we are healed!

Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever! If He healed then all who where oppressed of the devil, He still heals today!:)

Where in sscripture do you fine Timothy was drinking dirty water.... You might guess that iwas the case but the scriptures do not say that.

In the old days it was funny to watch faith healers adjust their glasses ... contacts heal them?

Classic Jesus became tired and rested. The disciples probably were sick, but perhaps never mentioned it in the gospels, just because it is not mentioned does not mean it did not occur.

Where in sscripture do you fine Timothy was drinking dirty water.... You might guess that iwas the case but the scriptures do not say that.
I must admit, that I am assuming that his problem was coming from "the water he was drinking" or else it makes little sense to me? Unless one believes Paul was telling him to get a little "buzzed" to feel better?:lol

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back